How is your weather today?

It's just not blowing well at all. the inside of the house is actually sitting somewhere around 88 and we have 4 fans blowing all over.

88? YIKES! Bruuuuuuttttaaaaaaaaaaallllll

I hope you freeze your sheets. :lol:

Well - we might actually get a little rain tonight. On our way back from weight loss, there were sprinkle drops, but then a whole lotta lightning. It's currently 87 with a heat index of 97.

WET - rehearsal was cancelled. Tomorrow night is dress rehearsal with audience.

I'm dying of heat stroke here! Heat indexes are near 110, and not expected to change at all for the next 7-10 days as the High Pressure hovers over Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas thus keeping all rain and moisture out of the region and keeping all the heat in. It's powerful enough, it's forced the jet stream upward.

Extreme heat is forecast for the next seven days here.

I can't believe that 6 months ago, we were buried in snow and freezing our butts off, now we are sweltering and dying in this heat! I would rather it be freezing outside because at least it's bearable in the chicken house, even if I'm cold natured and I have to wear 3 shirts and a jacket and keep moving to stay warm.

I can't believe that 6 months ago, we were buried in snow and freezing our butts off, now we are sweltering and dying in this heat! I would rather it be freezing outside because at least it's bearable in the chicken house, even if I'm cold natured and I have to wear 3 shirts and a jacket and keep moving to stay warm.

exactly as I predicted. I dunno if you recall my old post but I mentioned that the winter has been very brutal and also spring. and I was concerned that summer will be brutal too.

exactly as I predicted. I dunno if you recall my old post but I mentioned that the winter has been very brutal and also spring. and I was concerned that summer will be brutal too.

Well I do recall that back in May - we were having unusually cold weather for Arkansas - highs only in the lower 50s, then all of a sudden within just a week or two, we were thrown into this furnace!

It felt strange to be wearing hoodies and jackets in MAY here. Normally by May we are all wearing shorts and flip flops.

Very warm, cloudy and muggy. We did not get that rain the other day and the air right now is just so heavy.

:shock: Temp just climbed 5 degrees since my previous post and the skies are a little clearer. Hubby just left to play racquetball. Hope he took water with him.

Temp has just gone up again. It is now 94 with a heat index of 105.

Yesterday was in the 80's and lower humidity so it was a great break. But today it is right back up to the upper 90's with high humidity.

Come on, fall!

Today was 84. Good summer weather. :) July is hottest month and it is almost over.

Well - it is right now 92, heat index of 104. We went to Sonic for lunch and at on the patio there. It was shady and there was a good breeze, but it was still warm and humid.

Still supposed to get in the 90's with heat indexes in the mid 100's. On the east part of the state, Dubuque is having major flooding.

Back