How is your weather today part II

It's not. Last time we had anything like this was that Groundhog Day blizzard of 2012. Not since. It's really bad tonight, but it was worse earlier, but it has calmed down a little bit.

-__- I spoke too soon..... it's picking up again. :(

Partly cloudy here in S. California. The past couple of days were very warm so we need more rain. I know some people are freezing their butts off but we need all the rain we can get out here.

Yah, and I think that's all moving east, so I'm not looking forward to getting my car out of the driveway in the morning.

Can't say that I blame you. Thankfully, I have the CTA rails to use, which, ironically, I started riding again not too long ago, after nearly 16 months of not doing so. I especially mistrusted the Red Line, but it is getting safer to use, as they are replacing the older cars with the newer ones, so hopefully in a few years crime data won't be as high as it is today. Give them 3 years, and ALL older CTA cars will be gone.

Can't say that I blame you. Thankfully, I have the CTA rails to use, which, ironically, I started riding again not too long ago, after nearly 16 months of not doing so. I especially mistrusted the Red Line, but it is getting safer to use, as they are replacing the older cars with the newer ones, so hopefully in a few years crime data won't be as high as it is today. Give them 3 years, and ALL older CTA cars will be gone.

What does the age of the cars have to do with the crime rate?

A lot. Most of the older cars didn't have security cameras in them, but they do now, especially after some of the crimes were so brutal they weren't caught on camera inside the older train cars. That is one reason why they are replacing them with the newer ones. I'm seeing less and less older ones on the tracks, and more and more newer ones. That means crime rates in the CTA trains themselves should drop, but in the stations is another matter, as there are certain areas where it's still possible to commit a crime without getting caught.

Cleaner, newer looking stuff lowers crime rate. Infrastructure matters, and cities put big bucks into it. Detroit has a terrible infrastructure grade and a lot of crime. Flint (MI) also has the same problem.

Cleaner, newer looking stuff lowers crime rate. Infrastructure matters, and cities put big bucks into it. Detroit has a terrible infrastructure grade and a lot of crime. Flint (MI) also has the same problem.

Yes, and the newer cars have more security cameras than the older ones do, another deterrent. No one wants to get caught inside a new one.

TCS,
I saw this on the news - rare for SC I think?
<and my hub wants to move there for the warm weather.....>
Still a pretty fountain-

It is rare for southern SC. Upstate in the mountains, 4 seasons are common.

We are going down to 25 two more nights. Normally, nights are in the 40's in the winter, sixty's for the highs.

By the end of March, we will be in the 70's again and 80's in April.

As of 5:20 AM, it is 6 degrees. The high today will be 4, the low being -3. Tomorrow will be 16, and the low will be 15. After that, it will warm up to 26 for Sunday, and 29 on Monday.

Cloudy but no rain in the forecast. The high and low temps are almost the same. So far we have had no rain in January which is really bad news.

Tonight's weather was much better than the last few days had been-- it got up to 21 earlier tonight, so good news for the next week.

Weather's looking a whole lot better now that I'm not sleeping in my car. Michigan cars aren't made for Michigan winters.

50's - in the house. Oil tank filter sprung a leak last night, but I did not realize till this morning, so heater is off and one window is open to dissipate the smell. Waiting for repairman. Have a small space heater at my feet.

50's - in the house. Oil tank filter sprung a leak last night, but I did not realize till this morning, so heater is off and one window is open to dissipate the smell. Waiting for repairman. Have a small space heater at my feet.

Wow! Hope it gets fixed soon (and that it doesn't cost you too much.) That doesn't sound like fun.

Wow! Hope it gets fixed soon (and that it doesn't cost you too much.) That doesn't sound like fun.

Won't cost me a dime as I rent the place. Have already talked with landlord and he will talk with the repairman to handle the billing.

Just unhappy that it happened on a Sunday morning as it took time for the oil company and my landlord to respond to my calls/texts. Luckily I have a neighbor who is always "on call" for me.

Back