How is your weather today part II

My poor small fireplace is roaring right now. Trying to get the house to a manageable temperature. This means I have to go outside and haul some wood into the house.:eek3:

My poor small fireplace is roaring right now. Trying to get the house to a manageable temperature. This means I have to go outside and haul some wood into the house.:eek3:

My mom and stepdad do that, and they live in southern Illinois. They split firewood every fall, and stock up on it, and given their location, that's easy for them to do (Meaning free wood every fall). Also, they're the only people I know around IL that does this.

Botti, am glad to see you:wave:
did you go to the vet?

I am not brave, am staying in!
My weather is about the same as Chicago's <Mark's> or AC's.
We have the little space heater on in the kitchen, since the patio doors through which the dogs go back and forth outside, are in the kitchen and the windows in the kitchen aren't very insulative. That was one of the 2 issues the house inspector found - bad windows.

I think Botti should go to a doctor, not a vet.

Just kidding !!! :)

I think Botti should go to a doctor, not a vet.

Just kidding !!! :)

:lol: I did go to the vet, (with the dog), and I really think the vet has better bedside manner than my doctor!

And if the vet would have prescribed my antibiotics, it would have been cheaper!

Botti, am glad to see you:wave:
did you go to the vet?

I am not brave, am staying in!
My weather is about the same as Chicago's <Mark's> or AC's.
We have the little space heater on in the kitchen, since the patio doors through which the dogs go back and forth outside, are in the kitchen and the windows in the kitchen aren't very insulative. That was one of the 2 issues the house inspector found - bad windows.

We did, and even went to get groceries. Very , very, cold. I was glad I owned mittens today, although I rarely wear them.

AC and Botti :lol:

Bott, you made it!
I have gloves and mittens too and rarely use them. Were there many people at the grocery?

We have a wood-burning fireplace too and our plan is to use it tonight!
We got some free wood from the neighbor's large woodpile as they converted their fireplace to natural gas last year.

Bott, you made it!
I have gloves and mittens too and rarely use them. Were there many people at the grocery?

We got some free wood from the neighbor's large woodpile as they converted their fireplace to natural gas last year.

Hey, dogmom. My parents live in the countryside just north of where my Dad lives, and that particular section they live in is full of trees, so they can easily get wood.

I haven't been in that northern area for years now, but when I last visited there in the late 1990's, prior to moving to Cook County in 2000, the fall leaves were something to see there.

Bott, you made it!

There were not many people out, so it meant very short lines at the grocery.

We have a Wind Chill Advisory tonight until 11 AM Thursday some schools are going to closed or start late. :cold:

attachment.php

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 46
In Lahaina, Maui...78 degree, sunny. Good weather. My body got tanner like I am Indian guy. No red lobster face.:wave:

:wave:Mark,
yeah I bet the Fall leaves were beautiful!
do your folks use their fireplace often?

:wave:Botti,

I expected that would be the case, at least you weren't waiting in line long!

Currently 10 below zero, with 25 to 34 below zero windchill and light snow later.
I stayed home from work and my husband is working from home. My car is having starter problems.
Originally I planned to go in earlier and leave earlier to avoid eve. drive rush with the snow coming in around then but my boss said I should stay home.
I drive in to the city from a rural area.

Water fountain in front yard. Temperature around 19 degrees. High expected to be 37. Maybe time to move from southern SC to Key West, FL.
:hmm:

Attachments

• DSCN1567.jpg
    DSCN1567.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 8
TCS,
I saw this on the news - rare for SC I think?
<and my hub wants to move there for the warm weather.....>
Still a pretty fountain-

:wave:Mark,
yeah I bet the Fall leaves were beautiful!
do your folks use their fireplace often?

:wave:Botti,

I expected that would be the case, at least you weren't waiting in line long!

:wave: Dogmom, I think it depends. southern Illinois isn't nearly as cold as it is here, since they are closer to Texas than we are. Their winters usually have 30's and 40's down there, and very rarely does it snow like it does up here.

:wave: Dogmom, I think it depends. southern Illinois isn't nearly as cold as it is here, since they are closer to Texas than we are. Their winters usually have 30's and 40's down there, and very rarely does it snow like it does up here.

Mark I still think you need to study some maps. There are quite a number of locations that you don't seem to have any concept of just where they actually are.

Here is a map of the US that I found by using Google.
https://www.google.com/search?q=map...2F%2Fwww.infoplease.com%2Fstates.html;480;330

Here is one that has major roads and cities in Illinois.
http://geology.com/cities-map/illinois.shtml

yeah I guess it's true, Mark, that there can be a climate difference between Northern and Southern Ill. I think it's one difference.

I remember traveling through Cairo, Ill once. Have you been there?

Back