How is your weather today part II

6 degrees above zero this morning with windchill of 24 below zero <Midwest U.S.>

It was -9 on my way to work this morning. I can't wait for the heated seats! Car should be here in a week or so.

it's currently 37° and the temperature is dropping with a chance of snow tomorrow in the morning. Only 50% chance of snow and likelihood that the kids will have a late start in the morning.

I saw the weather report on TV and the CC read we "we have no snow or 'rape' in the forecast . " :roll: And this was not corrected , someone is not paying attention at work.

We had below zero temps last winter, but that was partially due to the polar vortex and that wind chill. I'm hoping the deep freeze that's knocking on my doorstep won't go that far. At least it's only for a few days.

As for the Winter Storm Watch, it expires at 6 PM tonight, so anything could happen before then. We also have a Wind Chill Advisory, a Hard Freezing Rain Warning, a Gale Warning, and a Small Craft Advisory. How much more wilder can it get?

Is this right-The coldest temperature on record for Chicago is -27 F on January 20, 1985?

Is this right-The coldest temperature on record for Chicago is -27 F on January 20, 1985?

I believe so, yes. That was well before I moved here, though. And that was the year I went to Lockport, IL. I was a toddler then. Damn..... 30 years since my last visit there.

:cold:
Shoveled the entire driveway(a long, country driveway), while everyone else sat inside sipping hot cocoa. The perks of being the unemployed adult of the house just get better and better. It was like 18-19(F) degrees.

Hopefully I don't get sick before surgery.:eek:

Mid 60's here the rest of the week with no rain in the near forecast.

Let_it_snow.jpg

-2 this morning. Supposed to be -9 Wednesday night. :cold: Might have to bring the chickens in the house!

Right now it's 7 (high today is 13), tomorrow's high will be 4 (YIKES!!), with a low of -8, and then this Friday's high will be 7, with a low of -2. After that it'll warm up to the 20's by Monday.

Right now it's 7 (high today is 13), tomorrow's high will be 4 (YIKES!!), with a low of -8, and then this Friday's high will be 7, with a low of -2. After that it'll warm up to the 20's by Monday.

Ahh... 20's :dance2: Heat wave! I think they are calling for mid 40's in a couple weeks here. That would be nice!

Ahh... 20's :dance2: Heat wave! I think they are calling for mid 40's in a couple weeks here. That would be nice!

Yup. They're calling for a 42 on the 17th, and that would be an ideal time to get some photography work done-- if I have a new device by then, that is. However.... 35 or above works, too. :D I just don't like taking photos below freezing-- hard to do that.

Yup. They're calling for a 42 on the 17th, and that would be an ideal time to get some photography work done-- if I have a new device by then, that is. However.... 35 or above works, too. :D I just don't like taking photos below freezing-- hard to do that.
Keep in mind that going from one extreme temperature to another can create temporary condensation fogging on your lens.

Keep in mind that going from one extreme temperature to another can create temporary condensation fogging on your lens.

Yes, I know. That happened last August when I took those fog photos on LSD. I learned from that. A valuable lesson that day.

Woke up this am, look out the weather. Rain, expect to be around 80 degree this afternoon. We are heading to Kipahulu area, to visiting Charles A. Lindbergh Grave...

Back