How is your weather today part II

Christmas 80, 26th 80, 27th 80, 28th 80, tomorrow 80, 30th will be 79, New Years 76....

My condo put some ice melt in the hallway for people to use but it's useless ! Once the ice does melt is just sit there and freezes over b/c the water can't drain off . Our manger is as stupid as they come ! I know a guy who lives in a condo on a difference street and his condo has the manger , the guy told me the manger is an idiot. I am not the only person at my condo that feel this way . I can't have a generator at our condo . :(

Be careful there!! My huband just brushed off the ramp again and some of the patio, making a pathway for us to navigate. The ramp is somehwaht slippery, though it has traction strips, and I have one hand on the little one's collar or around her chest and one hand on the leash on the ramp...with the sleet and ice the snow melt stuff we have isn't going to be very useful. We'll have to put that on tomorrow. On Sunday we made sure we had enough food and supplies, considering that the area is famous for losing power, as I found out since we moved here. Last Summer we lost power on 2 occasions when there was no rain or storm at all. Generators are common here.

Be careful there!! My huband just brushed off the ramp again and some of the patio, making a pathway for us to navigate. The ramp is somehwaht slippery, though it has traction strips, and I have one hand on the little one's collar or around her chest and one hand on the leash on the ramp...with the sleet and ice the snow melt stuff we have isn't going to be very useful. We'll have to put that on tomorrow. On Sunday we made sure we had enough food and supplies, considering that the area is famous for losing power, as I found out since we moved here. Last Summer we lost power on 2 occasions when there was no rain or storm at all. Generators are common here.

In that case do you happen to have natural gas (piped in gas that is available all the time)? I have seen a number of shows like The Old House/Ask This Old House over the years where they have put those in. They then kick in automatically when the power goes out.

In that case do you happen to have natural gas (piped in gas that is available all the time)? I have seen a number of shows like The Old House/Ask This Old House over the years where they have put those in. They then kick in automatically when the power goes out.

Huh, you need electricity to run the furnace.

Huh, you need electricity to run the furnace.

Since I had already quoted the post by dogmom that I have requoted here with bold added to her last sentence in both cases I thought it would be clear that I was talking about a generator that would come on automatically when the power company power went off.

It's messy outside ! We got snow/rain and it was raining small pellets when I was cleaning my car off. The snow will made great snowballs for the kids on vacation so I am not going to the park today ! :giggle:

we have a gas oven and a line in place for if/when we <hopefully> at some point covert the natural fireplace to gas.

but as far as what you specifically may mean, Jane - not sure.

the previous homeowner had things set up for a generator here but I don't know if they had one.
the people across the street have young children and dogs have a full-size generator that automatically starts in; the man who lives there is a engineering/techie guy also and put their generator in himself., he told us.
he offered to help if we do want to put one in.

Since I had already quoted the post by dogmom that I have requoted here with bold added to her last sentence in both cases I thought it would be clear that I was talking about a generator that would come on automatically when the power company power went off.

You talked about natural gas. What does that have to do with the power company?

You talked about natural gas. What does that have to do with the power company?

With a stand-by generator most of them are fueled by natural gas. When the electric power goes out a battery in the standby generator turns the generator on automatically. The motor is fueled by gas to generate electricity for the building. Most of these of this size use piped in natural gas rather than auto gas that you have to keep on hand and keep going to get more of.

Search for "installing-a-standby-electric-generator" and you will come up with quite a bit about them.

With a stand-by generator most of them are fueled by natural gas. When the electric power goes out a battery in the standby generator turns the generator on automatically. The motor is fueled by gas to generate electricity for the building. Most of these of this size use piped in natural gas rather than auto gas that you have to keep on hand and keep going to get more of.

Search for "installing-a-standby-electric-generator" and you will come up with quite a bit about them.

I don't need to know about them, I live in an apartment. It's just that you were not clear on why you were asking if she had natural gas.

Beautiful 55 degrees sunny (find egret if you can)

1005508_10153897011969875_764264037035132961_n.jpg

Too :cold: ! I was wearing a hat and my coat's hood on top and my head was still cold ! I can't find a hat that warm enough for New England winters !

Back