How is your weather today part II

At least you had the ice melt to put! The year when I broke my arm was a huge year for slip-and-falls that Winter, many other people I knew broke something.

we have pet-safe salt we put out on the patio and on the baby's <dog's> ramp for going in and out. It's little blue pellets that end up getting scattered about just inside the patio door in the kitchen area where the exit point is, but rather have those little blue bits around inside than have anybody fall.

At least you had the ice melt to put! The year when I broke my arm was a huge year for slip-and-falls that Winter, many other people I knew broke something.

we have pet-safe salt we put out on the patio and on the baby's <dog's> ramp for going in and out. It's little blue pellets that end up getting scattered about just inside the patio door in the kitchen area where the exit point is, but rather have those little blue bits around inside than have anybody fall.

My condo was buying the pet safe ice melt , we stopped using sand/salt b/c
it was eating our steps all up. I don't think people around here realize if someone fall and get hurt this could be a liability to us . So I put the ice melt down for the reason too . I will put sand down but it in the basement and I can't carry a lot up at one time.

Sun shining, in the upper 20's, and I'm heading out the door for a walk before it clouds up and does something nasty! First, I've got to put on a ton of warm clothes, can't wait for the day when I can just open the door and walk out dressed in what I'm wearing for inside clothes.:lol:

We had our first snow of this winter earlier today - I sent it up to SJCSue :giggle: . Skies are trying to clear now...which means the bitter cold is knocking at the door.

Getting a lot of rain most of the day. We have storms scheduled to arrive every other day through the end of next week. Mountains are getting a ton of snow. Pretty much a perfect winter so far that should help our drought tremendously.

Constant wind chill advisories, basically, step foot outside, freeze to death in minutes.

Kind of typical this time of year, but wearing on the spirit.

I know the feeling, Bott...

4 degrees below zero, windchill -26.
I'm still taking the youngest dog who had surgery, out on leash. She's not supposed to run or climb and even with the temps outside, she'd be happy to do so....

It was -14, not including windchill. I didn't even want to look at that. :lol:

I'm loving the little snow we've gotten (just because it's easier to drive to work!) but I'm hating these cold temps. I froze my little heinie again this morning getting fuel for my car.

It was -14, not including windchill. I didn't even want to look at that. :lol:

I'm loving the little snow we've gotten (just because it's easier to drive to work!) but I'm hating these cold temps. I froze my little heinie again this morning getting fuel for my car.

Don't you have any stations where they will pump the gas for you? Even the small town I am in has two that I know of.

One site says a reading taken at 10:25 on 01/18/16 was 11F with a "Feels Like" of -3F. This is in Southern Illinois east of St. Louis at least 60 miles. I had seen 8F as real temp earlier in the morning.

I've also been pumping gas in these temps. There's only one station I know of in the region where I live that is full-service pump, and that's actually in a different county from where we live now.
I've just been getting smaller amounts of gas.

Don't you have any stations where they will pump the gas for you? Even the small town I am in has two that I know of.

Not legal here in Minnesota anymore. I kind of thought it wasn't legal nationwide, but I suppose I'm wrong if you have some near you in your state. It is required, by law, however, that if someone needs assistance (I think they mean like limited mobility, etc.) that you can request assistance from inside the store.

I think our lawmakers think Minnesotans are hardy enough to brave -14 (plus) !! :)

Dogmom referred to full service. The one of the two here that have signs up that they will pump for you that I have used is not full service. They will just pump for you but not check oil, etc. In fact that one that I have used only pumps for you there is no self service. This is a small town in Southern Illinois.

Not legal here in Minnesota anymore. I kind of thought it wasn't legal nationwide, but I suppose I'm wrong if you have some near you in your state. It is required, by law, however, that if someone needs assistance (I think they mean like limited mobility, etc.) that you can request assistance from inside the store.

I think our lawmakers think Minnesotans are hardy enough to brave -14 (plus) !! :)

NJ does not let consumers pump their own gas. And apparently the same is for Oregon per this article.

http://fortune.com/2015/05/18/new-jersey-gas-pump/

Back