How is your weather today part II

Reba
Just thought of something. What are the conditions like once to the buildings inside the park? Might it be safer for your grandson to stay over rather than try to drive back with all the water and at night besides?

As a 19-year-old employee, my grandson doesn't have any say about this.

I talked to my daughter about that idea and she said all the deputies are probably too busy with all the other storm stuff happening to check on that.

He's already there, so I hope that they at least close the party early.

I don't know if you remember a thread of mine a couple years ago about a young boy who was bitten by a snake, almost died, and took months to slowly recover. Anyway, that happened at that same park, and whenever there are heavy rains, the snakes come out to high ground. I hope grandson doesn't run into one.

No I don't remeber that thread , Oh , I sure hope that does not happen to
your grandson . I hope the party will be over before midnight .

Might he run over rather than into one or more with the Jeep on his way back and forth?
He has to run, on foot, from the building to the trash dumpsters, and to the Jeep, and other stuff involved with locking up, including locking the gate to the park. He'll be on foot, outdoors a lot.

My daughter said grandson called and should be leaving for home in a few minutes.

I hope he can get thru. The safety department keeps closing more roads. Some subdivisions are completely cut off, and one of them is next to their neighborhood.

The road leading into our subdivision has been closed. We live in the "new" back section of our subdivision, and it has only one road in/out, and that goes over a small bridge. So far, the water is still flowing very fast under the bridge. If, for some reason, it clogs up it could start flowing over the road and that would cut us off.

What's weird about this flooding is that it's lasting so long. Other places have worse floods than us but usually not so long lasting. It's been flooding Charleston for almost a week already, and we're going to be under a flood watch until at least Monday morning, according to the Weather Channel. Poor downtown Charleston also has flooding now from the extreme high tides, so the water flowing into homes and shops is salty.

The weather people said that this is the wettest October in Charleston's history.

Covering the news in Charleston:

Attachments

• reporting.jpg
    reporting.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 9
Sidewalk on road at the front entrance of our subdivision, this morning.

Attachments

• sidewalk.jpg
    sidewalk.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 14
  • sidewalk2.jpg
    sidewalk2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Sidewalk on road at the front entrance of our subdivision, this morning.

Hope it clears up soon as I'll be taking the train through Charleston early Weds morning heading to Orlando. The train back on Weds/Thurs may be in more trouble as it goes through Columbia, I believe. They cancelled that train yesterday.

Found out it was a wedding and reception. After the guests left, grandson and two maintenance guys were cleaning up. Then the thunder, lightning and rain got worse, so they agreed that they weren't going to finish cleaning up, and left for home.

On the main road home, the police made drivers take turns driving down the middle of the road (the highest point). Grandson saw one car in the water, up to its roof, in the parking lot of an apartment complex that he passed.

This is the road this morning:

Attachments

• hwy78.jpg
    hwy78.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hope it clears up soon as I'll be taking the train through Charleston early Weds morning heading to Orlando. The train back on Weds/Thurs may be in more trouble as it goes through Columbia, I believe. They cancelled that train yesterday.
Charleston should be OK after Monday. Right now, Columbia's getting the worst flooding. I don't know how long that will last. They are surrounded by hills, so they get all the rain runoff.

Heavy rains pound the Carolinas

Flooding from days of record-setting rain along the heavily populated East Coast washed out bridges and homes and forecasters warned wind gusts topping 35 mph could down trees and power lines across the Carolinas and Virginia in coming hours.

At least five weather-related deaths have been reported since rains began spreading over the Eastern Seaboard, which has appeared to dodge the full fury of Hurricane Joaquin churning hundreds of miles out in the Atlantic.

President Barack Obama declared a state of emergency in South Carolina and ordered federal aid to bolster state and local efforts as flood warnings remained in effect for many parts of the East Coast through Sunday. (AP)

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/heavy-...tion-downtown-norfolk-va-photo-192135783.html

These drainage pipes were on the common area at our front entrance, waiting to be installed. Last night, they floated into the road, within the subdivision, which is where they are now.

Attachments

• pipes.jpg
    pipes.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 12
These drainage pipes were on the common area at our front entrance, waiting to be installed. Last night, they floated into the road, within the subdivision, which is where they are now.

It looks like the rain may have let up and the flooding gone down in you subdivision. It is amazing what can float! I can remember seeing pictures of large LP gas storage tanks floating during flooding around St. Louis (You may remember I am in So. Illinois).

It looks like the rain may have let up and the flooding gone down in you subdivision. It is amazing what can float! I can remember seeing pictures of large LP gas storage tanks floating during flooding around St. Louis (You may remember I am in So. Illinois).
Yes, the water has gone down here.

Yes, I remember where you live.

Back