• AT&T

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Verizon

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Tmobile Sidekick 2008.

T-mobile, Blackberry 8300 smartphone, email plus attachments, SMS text, phone, camera, Yahoo calendar synch, etc. Unlimited plan includes Hubby's cell phone and my BB, cost $125/month.

T- Mobile - Samsung Memoir - Love it, The Web, Text, 8MP Camera and video. Wish Alldeaf had a mobile page.

I thought they did... I can pull up AD on my BB. It sets up as a mobile page. :dunno: if it is a true mobile page or if it converts on the BB.

I originally had Altell, which obviously merged to being Verizon. The services are all the same as before.

Blackberry Pearl 8100 Black

I am using T-Mobile Blackberry Pearl 8100 Black... but I am planning to switch AT&T or Sprint. If I like to choose new Blackberry soon.

I have Sidekick XL 2009 under T-Mobile. Sidekick keyboard is more comfortable to type than Blackberry pager, sorry.

Tmobile does not coverage in De Soto City and Lorida, Florida (Highlands County)

Tmobile does not cover in town of De Soto City, FL and Lorida, FL ( Highlands County) on US 98 highway and Off US 98 Northbound of County Road 17 South, When I visit to see my friends in De Soto City, FL. I just consider to change the cellular carrier company to be AT&T or Sprint. but My contact already expired and now it become month to month for my Tmobile bill until I will transfer to AT&T Blackberry Bold or Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630.

But I live in the Palm Beach County, FL. T-mobile, AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon are excellent coverage in my home area.

Sprint just added a DATA only plan for $30 a month on their blackberry which is fabolous and the new Palm PRE. I think thats an AMAZING DEAL right there. How many of you are on the DATA ONLY plan from Sprint for $30 a month?

I guess my point is trying to collect information and hopefully pass it to people and let them know there is a demand.

You can count me for Sprint. I was with Tmobilie for quite some time. Started out with SK1 color and moved up to sk2. Was with tmobile for like maybe 9 or so years???
Made the switch to Sprint BB Curve..so far It's serving my needs at 30 bucks a pop. My contract is gonna be up in March of next year..looking to upgrade to the 3g or I am wondering if I should wait for the 4g to rollout. Phone is still workin like new and looks new. Haven't had any accidents/lost it..YET!

The reason why I'm asking this question is because I'm hearing (shocking) yes I know sorry ahah, but I notice some cell phone companies do no cater to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community.

I know T-Mobile was the first company to really offer DATA ONLY plan on their Sidekick pagers, but in the past their internet reception was lousy. Data only plan before cost $30 a month but now if you sign up for T-mobile service for the first time data only plan went up to $45 i think. I notice most people are sick and tired of their SK because to many problems or just not satisfied. Now Blackberry's are becoming popular because you can do the same thing as the sidekick such as E-Mail, Instant messenger , Text and full qwerty keyboard. T-Mobile Data Plan for blackberry is $40 with unlimited internet and email but add another $20 for text/picture messaging, total of $60 a month. The new SK LX 3G has improved alot, it has added alot of new features plus it uses 3G because T-Mobile has 3G now.. yayy

AT&T has recently added a new program called TAP that allows Deaf or Hard of Hearing people to get the iphone plan for $50 (DATA ONLY) 3G/S or $40 for iphone 2G. Their 3G coverage is not bad at all, you pretty much have 3G coverage all over the U.S. The new iphone 3G/S has everything you could possibly need, E-mail, Text, qwerty keyboard, Instant messenger but no iprelay :(. you can add SPRINTIP to your AIM buddy list instead of i711.

Verizon does not really offer any special plans.. just really expensive DATA ONLY plan. I don't think they even know how many people would benefit if they had a special DATA ONLY plan. In my opinion Verizon service is really good, their customer service is one of the best out there but do not cater to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community. SAD.

Sprint just added a DATA only plan for $30 a month on their blackberry which is fabolous and the new Palm PRE. I think thats an AMAZING DEAL right there. How many of you are on the DATA ONLY plan from Sprint for $30 a month?

I guess my point is trying to collect information and hopefully pass it to people and let them know there is a demand.

(sigh) Another person for error about Verizon.

Here a link.

Text Only Messaging Plans from Verizon Wireless

Nationwide Messaging Plans

"These plans are perfect for the Deaf or Hard of Hearing or if voice minutes are not needed."

Verizon already have deaf and hard of hearing plan for 3 years.

This is quite informative, and it definitely will help me select the best sidekick in the future. I do have my T-Mobile Sidekick ID. I prefer to add voice minutes to it for personal reasons. I'm simple and low maintenance. I use text, emails and internet. That's all I care about.

<--Blackberry Storm addict with $50 data only plan but my 20% walfart employee discount cuts it down to $40 before insurance and taxes are added to the bill at Verizon.

Insurance came handy when I spilled a huge cup of tea on my 1st Storm while I was in my truck. Insurance replaced it with a brand new Storm the next day for only $50 deductible.

Read again.

Also hearing people can use plan without voice like Sprint and T-mobile.

That's mean Sprint and T-mobile are not deaf and hard of hearing plan too?
Yes I see that, but again, reread the last you posted in bold:
(sigh) Another person for error about Verizon.

Here a link.

Nationwide Messaging Plans

"These plans are perfect for the Deaf or Hard of Hearing or if voice minutes are not needed."

Verizon already have deaf and hard of hearing plan for 3 years.
That was why I responded saying that, Verizon does not have plans exclusively for the deaf/hard-of-hearing customers, it is just for anyone, whether or not, they are deaf. I see no where on VerizonWireless.com that it says something like, "Deaf/Hard-of-hearing Plan," just the nationwide messaging plan.

T-Mobile is the same way.

AT&T and Sprint, all have some kind of programs for the deaf/hard-of-hearing customers on limited selection of phones, but this is handled by their disability divisions. not in stores.

I voted other.

I use SideKick3 under Telstra (Australian Phone company). I would go for blackberry but the plans is too far expensive, so SK3 is cheaper plan for data/texting etc.

im using att im wishes for iphone because my mom not accept as expensives prices argh!! im really want iphone somedays

Back