How are you feeling today?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a bit hung over! This is what I get for having so much fun last night!! :)

Horrible, just horrible. I've been studying my ASL like crazy hoping that if I saw my deaf friends, I could help them. Well, today was the day, and I don't think I was very helpful.

I bumped into them at the mall. She was having a hard time returning something. The sales person kept talking to her, and I'm thinking "hello!!" she's deaf, switch to writing it down. Don't keep talking to her, she's deaf. I tried to help, but in the heat of the moment my brain froze, and I couldn't remember any signs, and then my daughter ran off. The only thing I could offer was to write down what the sales person said.

It wasn't until I was driving home when I thought I should have finger spelled if I couldn't remember the signs. I just feel soooo bad that I couldn't help her more.

Horrible, just horrible. I've been studying my ASL like crazy hoping that if I saw my deaf friends, I could help them. Well, today was the day, and I don't think I was very helpful.

I bumped into them at the mall. She was having a hard time returning something. The sales person kept talking to her, and I'm thinking "hello!!" she's deaf, switch to writing it down. Don't keep talking to her, she's deaf. I tried to help, but in the heat of the moment my brain froze, and I couldn't remember any signs, and then my daughter ran off. The only thing I could offer was to write down what the sales person said.

It wasn't until I was driving home when I thought I should have finger spelled if I couldn't remember the signs. I just feel soooo bad that I couldn't help her more.
Did your friend request your help?

Not at first, because I was standing in back of them. My friend saw me, and mentioned that her friend was deaf. I asked her if she was ok. Then, after that the sales person wanted me to explain to her what they were going to do. My brain froze, because I'm not at the level of interpreting that much detail, and then my daughter ran off. I couldn't think in ASL, and the only sign that came to mind was that I would write down what sales person said.

I just didn't know what the right thing was to do. Not say anything? or try to assist.

Tired.... This week has just been crazy... :crazy: Though, I went to pride this weekend, and my "date" thingy... wasn't "toooooooo" terrible. :ugh:

Sore. I did an insanity workout! Worth getting a good sweat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better. Fever's gone.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Better, after a decent night's sleep, and riding nearly 14 miles total on my bicycle yesterday.

Almost there. Been cleaning out a big box of memorabilia. Tossed a lot of cards & invitations. Just a few more things to go through. Then there are some letters to/from my late husband to read.

pissed off with the Dune HD player, it not giving any sound, barely 8 months old, gonna sort with warrenty - fast.

I'm frustrated. My mother has chronic pain and as of yesterday, she's taking to sleeping on the floor with her legs up. My father doesn't think that's a good idea to stay like that all night but she's in a foul mood. Adding to that, my newest cat, Gracie attacks all of us (she's a kitten) and my mother is talking about getting her declawed. We did that with all our cats - our Vet in fact has done that with all of hers too. These days, I'm not behind it. I know she's cutting me alive and I can't hold her or cuddle like I did with my other cats but I don't want to do that to Gracie. I don't believe in the procedure anymore...and her being young, I know it's a phase she'll outgrow. I'm sure my mother is speaking from pain and a lack of sleep but it upsets me to have her take it out on us. Unfortunately, out of consideration for my father, I have to bite my tongue....

I'm frustrated. My mother has chronic pain and as of yesterday, she's taking to sleeping on the floor with her legs up. My father doesn't think that's a good idea to stay like that all night but she's in a foul mood. Adding to that, my newest cat, Gracie attacks all of us (she's a kitten) and my mother is talking about getting her declawed. We did that with all our cats - our Vet in fact has done that with all of hers too. These days, I'm not behind it. I know she's cutting me alive and I can't hold her or cuddle like I did with my other cats but I don't want to do that to Gracie. I don't believe in the procedure anymore...and her being young, I know it's a phase she'll outgrow. I'm sure my mother is speaking from pain and a lack of sleep but it upsets me to have her take it out on us. Unfortunately, out of consideration for my father, I have to bite my tongue....

:(

That is rough. :(

It just got a whole lot rougher....she decided to sleep out in the living room so the cats had to be brought to their bedroom (just as well for Bud, our senior, he really HATES the 4th of July) but now she's sleeping in the chair. She made me shut my bedroom door and wear my Widex TV Dex so she wouldn't hear the TV. On top of this, I've been playing hide and go seek with trespassers that drive onto our lot to use it like a public park between yesterday and today (twice)....I wish I could get my mother a prescription for Vicodin so we could all be more comfortable...

Feeling great! Left at 10:30 am and just got home at 11 PM. Went to a waterpark near DC. I swam 50 laps in the first hour and then relaxed with the members from the LDHH group and my husband. After that, we went to a nearby park for the 4th of July festivals. We had to park far due to several street closures so I got about 40 mins of walking in. Now, I am exhausted but in a good way.

It just got a whole lot rougher....she decided to sleep out in the living room so the cats had to be brought to their bedroom (just as well for Bud, our senior, he really HATES the 4th of July) but now she's sleeping in the chair. She made me shut my bedroom door and wear my Widex TV Dex so she wouldn't hear the TV. On top of this, I've been playing hide and go seek with trespassers that drive onto our lot to use it like a public park between yesterday and today (twice)....I wish I could get my mother a prescription for Vicodin so we could all be more comfortable...

Hope everything gets better soon. Cant be easy.

Was a little sad last night. Read the letters between my late husband & I then read a "diary" that covered our early dating.

Was a little sad last night. Read the letters between my late husband & I then read a "diary" that covered our early dating.

:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back