How are you feeling today?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm rarely here but thought I'd help. :) Any signs of fever? Otherwise it sounds like an allergic reaction . Maybe something composed of your meds or anything you have been exposed to recently?
No fever.

I've had allergic reactions to stuff in the past, and it always presented as hives. This is not hives. It's more like a blistery rash.

No fever.

I've had allergic reactions to stuff in the past, and it always presented as hives. This is not hives. It's more like a blistery rash.

There are numerous causes for that condition, hope you can narrow the cause down to something like the time frame of what you may have been exposed to. Hope it isn't as painful for you.

Reba, try cortisone.

Otherwise, can you get yourself to a VA hospital ER? This sounds serious. I'm not sure if you have one close by?

Reba, try cortisone.

Otherwise, can you get yourself to a VA hospital ER? This sounds serious. I'm not sure if you have one close by?
They don't have an ER, and my PCP is on vacation this week.

I don't think it's life threatening.

Yes, we've called (TCS helps me with phone calls), left messages, spoke to the nurse, get promises to "check it out," etc. We can't make appointments in person. We have to call to ask for an appointment, then they send us a letter when they schedule it.

Yeah, first it was (and still is) the low BP. Now it's an ugly rash that's on my right hand (palm and back of hand), and right side of my face and neck, and it's spreading. The facial area is spreading, my eye itches, and my ear is swollen and red. I don't even want to go out in public anymore. We take our daily walk after dark now.

:hug: That is really horrible that the doctor is not calling back and I never heard of having to wait to get a letter to see when your appointment. That take more time. Can you go to ER to find out what is causing the rash? Is the rash itchy ?

:hug: That is really horrible that the doctor is not calling back and I never heard of having to wait to get a letter to see when your appointment. That take more time.
That's the VA hospital system.

Can you go to ER to find out what is causing the rash? Is the rash itchy ?
The rash is itchy.

I don't go to the ER unless it's life threatening. (Not to mention how expensive that would be.)

A few years ago, when I had bad hives, I went to an ER. I told them do NOT give me Benadryl--it doesn't help my hives, and it makes me feel very weird. So, what did they do? They gave me a Benadryl IV--it was awful! Plus, it cost me several hundred dollars, and didn't heal anything.

They don't have an ER, and my PCP is on vacation this week.

I don't think it's life threatening.

You are not near a VA facility with an ER? That sucks. :(

Reason I mentioned that is that even if it's not life-threatening, you could still go there if your PCP can't see you anytime soon. That is frustrating.

(But I have to remember that my husband's situation is different, he is 100% covered by the VA. He is classified at 90% disabled. So that does make a difference. I was just hoping to find you some options.)

You are not near a VA facility with an ER? That sucks. :(

Reason I mentioned that is that even if it's not life-threatening, you could still go there if your PCP can't see you anytime soon. That is frustrating.

(But I have to remember that my husband's situation is different, he is 100% covered by the VA. He is classified at 90% disabled. So that does make a difference. I was just hoping to find you some options.)
I'm near two VA clinics and one VA Hospital; none of them have ER services.

The way it works at VA medical services is that if you can't wait for an appointment you have to go to a civilian medical facility. If you have medical insurance, including TriCare, you can use that. If not, then you pay out of pocket. As military retirees, we have TriCare, which has limited coverage and copays. For vets who aren't retired (maybe did only a few years service), they usually don't have TriCare unless maybe they have service-connected disabilities.

At age 65, VA encourages vets to switch to Medicare but it's not required.

At least my latest PCP is only taking off for a week. My previous one used to take 30-day vacations every year. I've been thru several PCP's; they don't seem to stay long. It's always a surprise who I'll get. They come from various countries and medical backgrounds. Sometimes I don't know that I have a new one until I show up for my appointment. I haven't even met my latest one yet.

Yes, we've called (TCS helps me with phone calls), left messages, spoke to the nurse, get promises to "check it out," etc. We can't make appointments in person. We have to call to ask for an appointment, then they send us a letter when they schedule it.

Yeah, first it was (and still is) the low BP. Now it's an ugly rash that's on my right hand (palm and back of hand), and right side of my face and neck, and it's spreading. The facial area is spreading, my eye itches, and my ear is swollen and red. I don't even want to go out in public anymore. We take our daily walk after dark now.

You think it could be shingles ?? I hope not.

I have a sty on my eyelid. Haven't had one in years. A warm teabag should do the trick.

Hey Reba, is your rash on just one side of your body? I sure hope you don't have them. Good luck.
So far, yes, one side, but no pain, just itchy. Yeah, hope it's not shingles. Thanks.

I am feeling good. I just tidied up my room, and I needed the work.

..........like a moron......i should have been dead a long time ago......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back