How are people dealing with the Heat WAVE!??

That's why I put out water in the squirrels' bird bath, and the birds' bird bath, plus we have a fountain out front that constantly circulates water. My bird bath out back has a solar powered water stirrer. I put out fresh nectar always for the hummingbirds since that is their food and fluid.

When I took Marty out tonight I saw that bread I put out was gone and there was less water in the bowl! It could had been the coyote as I do not think a
squirrel would had drank that much water! I wish I had seen who drink the water!

wow... just wow.... hotter than hell in here... If Satan came up... he'd turn on A/C.

my jeans and shirt are drenched again now just from 40 min commute... gotta hit the shower before I head home for dinner :ugh:

I was telling a neighbor tonight this much be what hell feel like!! I just when outside and the air so heavy and yucky!

yep. my underwear and shirt were drenched everytime I ride to work and home :ugh:

The air conditioning at the clinic wasn't even keeping the building cool. I had a fan in my office besides the central air. And still, when I got home just now, my hair was wet.

That's why I put out water in the squirrels' bird bath, and the birds' bird bath, plus we have a fountain out front that constantly circulates water. My bird bath out back has a solar powered water stirrer. I put out fresh nectar always for the hummingbirds since that is their food and fluid.

I keep a water bowl inside and out for the cat. The one outside is constantly empty, and it could not possibly evaporate that quickly. The cat has been staying inside (smart kitty:P). I don't know what critters are drinking it, but I'm glad they can get water somewhere.

We fill a wheel barrow, 5 large dog bowls and 3 dishpans with water daily and again at night for the outside animals. This is in town mind you and they are empty each morning and afternoon and still we have animals dying. Daughter found 3 dead squirrels in the back yard.

90 at 6pm and here it's 10:30pm and still 90 outside. Forecast for the next week shows highs in the mid 90's with heat indices of 105-115 and lows in the mid 70's. Rain chances are only at a piddly 20% meaning we won't get any.

We fill a wheel barrow, 5 large dog bowls and 3 dishpans with water daily and again at night for the outside animals. This is in town mind you and they are empty each morning and afternoon and still we have animals dying. Daughter found 3 dead squirrels in the back yard.

90 at 6pm and here it's 10:30pm and still 90 outside. Forecast for the next week shows highs in the mid 90's with heat indices of 105-115 and lows in the mid 70's. Rain chances are only at a piddly 20% meaning we won't get any.

All the neighbors are putting out water, too. We have tons of deer that come right up into the yard. Plus squirrels and rabbits, and heaven knows what else! I am in town, too.

oh crap Saskatchewan is very worst serious worst increase i am surprised!

Think I will be sleeping in the living room as it is a little cooler than the bedroom. Took a shower earlier and now I feel as if I haven't had one in 2 weeks. Man it's hot in here. Makes me want to shave the head. If I put it up, I get headaches and I can't take those anymore.

Think I will be sleeping in the living room as it is a little cooler than the bedroom. Took a shower earlier and now I feel as if I haven't had one in 2 weeks. Man it's hot in here. Makes me want to shave the head. If I put it up, I get headaches and I can't take those anymore.

I know what you mean! I usually wear my hair up for work, and then take it down and put in a braid at home. But I can't stand the braid on my neck in this heat...and the back of my head is downright sore from having it up all the time!:giggle:

I'm high on the map, in the pink area, and I'm doing just fine.
Then again, I rarely leave my house and when I'm outside, it's for about thirty seconds at a time.

Currently at 2PM, it is 95 with a heat index of 107 around here. Very little wind at all.

In the shade, 96 degrees here. I don't know what the index is at my house.

Currently:102 °F
Humidity:45%
Dew Point:77 °F
Heat Index:119 °F

:( poor animals. My friends asked me to come over for the art crafty for kids. My girl is too old for it but she does not mind. now i have second thought that my frineds has no AC. I am tempted to stay home tonight for AC. :hmm: it's 92 degrees out there.

Back