How are people dealing with the Heat WAVE!??

Just wanna say heat wave in NYC is hottest weather in 34 yrs. YIKES!

A big storm came thru here late last night and it was cool b/c we got some hard rain. :) Heat index was 83 this morning. :shock:

We've got some clouds and I'm hoping for rain.

We got some rain last night and it helped things down, but it hot all over again!
I think the A/C in my bedroom blow out! I turned it on to cool the room while I took a shower and room was not as cool as I thought it would be. And when I turned the A/C off a blue flash of light came out the off switch! I have not turned it back on! I use a fan instead last night and it does not work as good as a A/C! I think I need a new A/C ! Crap!

posted this on my status -

"Jiro is lol'ing at people going "omfgwtf!" at this some 100-degree weather. uuummmmm hello? it's called summer. and yes I rode on bike with jeans, jacket, gloves.. drenched in sweat. yeeeeaaaaaaaa

"Jiro is lol'ing at people going "omfgwtf!" at this some 100-degree weather. uuummmmm hello? it's called summer. and yes I rode on bike with jeans, jacket, gloves.. drenched in sweat. yeeeeaaaaaaaa

I know it called summer but it an unusual one that we're having! We do not reach 100 around here very often! I hope this not a weather patten we'll seeing more of in the future!! If it is we really need to come up with more clean ways to get electricity!

tad better today.:roll:

96 High

107 heat index

40 % of rain on Sat. Sun. and Mon. 83 high on Tues. Good news,good news.

Rained here for a few minutes this morning. Cloudy and looks like a storm on the way now. I am about 45 or so miles from you.

Guess you haven't been watching the news. Heat indexes like this for an extended period of time are dangerous in many ways.

I know it called summer but it an unusual one that we're having! We do not reach 100 around here very often! I hope this not a weather patten we'll seeing more of in the future!! If it is we really need to come up with more clean ways to get electricity!

we get 100+ deg here all the time but bunch of people around here are complaining about it and acting like it's unusual phenomenon :confused:

these people.... :roll:

Guess you haven't been watching the news. Heat indexes like this for an extended period of time are dangerous in many ways.

just like it has been for past several years

I haven't experienced this long of a heat wave in the last several years. Or heat index this high.

then it is unusual for you but not unusual for me. we get this all the time and it sucks.

then it is unusual for you but not unusual for me. we get this all the time and it sucks.

Yeah, we usually have no more than 4 or 5 days in a row like this. And boy, it does suck big time!:lol:

Yeah, we usually have no more than 4 or 5 days in a row like this. And boy, it does sucl big time!:lol:

indeed indeed... I can only hope that summer season is shorter and fall season is longer :aw:

Going to go tubing down a river with a cold beer in my hand tomorrow. :)

I was thinking about canoeing earlier today. Need 2 canoes, though, so we have one for the beer and ice! The river here is running low, though.

indeed indeed... I can only hope that summer season is shorter and fall season is longer :aw:

Fall is my favorite time of year. I am going to Vermont the first week of Sept, and am hoping to actually have some fall weather while I'm there.

I remember when I first moved to Charlotte, it was so hot that my patio door shattered from the heat. It took five days to replace it.

I remember when I first moved to Charlotte, it was so hot that my patio door shattered from the heat. It took five days to replace it.

OMG! That is hot!:P When I was living in TN, we got these kind of temps, but the heat down there did not have this horrible humidity that OH is famous for!

I was thinking about canoeing earlier today. Need 2 canoes, though, so we have one for the beer and ice! The river here is running low, though.

Going down Santa Fe River. It is spring fed by many springs.

Will float pass Blue Spirngs, Ginnie springs and Poe Springs. We have a floatie for the cooler!! Woot!

Going down Santa Fe River. It is spring fed by many springs.

Will float pass Blue Spirngs, Ginnie springs and Poe Springs. We have a floatie for the cooler!! Woot!

Sounds like a good time to me!:wave: Drink a beer for me!

We were told that the temps we are having are among the hottest for this time in over 84 years. Our area in Florida does not often have temps or heat indices this high for this many days in a row. Lady next door has a swimming pool and her water is evaporating big time. With our water restrictions, she cannot refill as needed. I went out earlier and took two of the hospital bath tubs you get, filled with water and added ice cubes and sat out in the carport, one foot in each tub. Felt good for about 15 minutes then the water was hot. MIL is thinking about buying a few more fans for the house to get through the summer. Fifty years in this house and she's never been this hot in all that time. We are covering the West side windows with paper bags to help cut the sun leaching through the curtains.

Back