How are people dealing with the Heat WAVE!??

Rained here for a few minutes this morning. Cloudy and looks like a storm on the way now. I am about 45 or so miles from you.

Cool!

Right now heat index is 103. I was already told we got some rain this morning. Crazy weather. :lol: Now it is 60% rain on Mon. I like rain but not too much.

Living on the Mid-Atlantic coast here, temps are up into the mid-90's, but we have a pleasant breeze coming off the ocean almost constantly. Anyone wanna visit?? :lol:

I went for a nice long swim in the outdoor Y pool this afternoon. Not my usual nearly-a-mile, only did about 1000 yards, but still, very pleasant to stretch out. Pool water was quite warm, but beats sitting out in the sun.

Living on the Mid-Atlantic coast here, temps are up into the mid-90's, but we have a pleasant breeze coming off the ocean almost constantly. Anyone wanna visit?? :lol:

I went for a nice long swim in the outdoor Y pool this afternoon. Not my usual nearly-a-mile, only did about 1000 yards, but still, very pleasant to stretch out. Pool water was quite warm, but beats sitting out in the sun.

Me! But we are now having severe weather watches for rain and hail running across the bottom of the television screen. No for my county yet, but I think there may be hope here.

Hail???? Yikes.

You and your darling hubby can come visit us any time. That's why we've got the guest rooms. :lol:

Hail???? Yikes.

You and your darling hubby can come visit us any time. That's why we've got the guest rooms. :lol:

It's a bad heat wave by the time a person thinks hail would be a refreshing change! :P

We had a soft short rain, and then the power went out for a couple of hours. It is amazing how quickly the house warms up and how persistent the sweat dripping from the tip of my nose could be. Yeesh.

Sounds like a good time to me!:wave: Drink a beer for me!

I will drink a beer for ya.... at home.

Sadly :( We decided to stay home and do some work on the yard. Our garden is looking good and we need to weed it out and also mow the lawn. FUN, FUN!! My SO likes to play on the tractor to clear out the back yard more.

Son had me shave his head for him this evening. Actually, it's a really, really short buzz cut. His hair, like mine is so thick, his scalp was never cooling off and the hair was so heavy. He washes it every day, but it was still just too hot. It's not easy buzzing his hair off, but he feels 100% better afterwards. We weighed the hair and I am not kidding, but it was 1/2 pound and the longest piece was 1 inch long.

It is hot as hell in DC and it isn't new to me because heatwave is a lot worse in Alabama than in DC.

Just drink a lot of waters, keep yourself cooler and take a shower before go to sleep.

Too much humidity makes my skin so too sticky.

It is hot as hell in DC and it isn't new to me because heatwave is a lot worse in Alabama than in DC.

Just drink a lot of waters, keep yourself cooler and take a shower before go to sleep.

Too much humidity makes my skin so too sticky.

Oh I bet. There are few places more miserable than DC in summer. I think it's cuz it was built on a swamp.

As for me, the weather report says it may be a high as 96 degrees today where I live.

I was thinking about canoeing earlier today. Need 2 canoes, though, so we have one for the beer and ice! The river here is running low, though.

I'm thinking that I should take up white water canoning or rafting. It's a great way to cool off and it looks like fun.

I know it called summer but it an unusual one that we're having! We do not reach 100 around here very often! I hope this not a weather patten we'll seeing more of in the future!! If it is we really need to come up with more clean ways to get electricity!

Remember the blizzards of 2010? They didn't return (to the mid-atlantic) in 2011. These extreme weather come and go. I don't worry about them becoming patterns.

I just go swimming 2 times a day in my pool here. love my pool! then go in the house with awesome A/C !! :giggle:

Guess you haven't been watching the news. Heat indexes like this for an extended period of time are dangerous in many ways.

The 6:30 pm news been talking about how dangerous the heat wave it! This not your average summer in a lot of town and cities , and now the news is talking about how to made sure your pets are kept save in this heat wave! Some places are worried about the having a power outage !
It looks like we could get some rain , there are some cloud forming in the sky, I hope they're not teasing us! The birds are using the water bowl I put out for them, I saw 2 birds taking a bath! Cute!
We have a cool breeze coming in today and it feel delicious!

posted this on my status -

"Jiro is lol'ing at people going "omfgwtf!" at this some 100-degree weather. uuummmmm hello? it's called summer. and yes I rode on bike with jeans, jacket, gloves.. drenched in sweat. yeeeeaaaaaaaa
I hope all your gear is washable.

Back