Housewarming party causing a split between friends!

Hey, is your friend single? :)

Yeah, jealously sucks. I am glad you enjoyed yourself. Your friend will also know who her true friends are.

Hey, is your friend single? :)

Yeah, jealously sucks. I am glad you enjoyed yourself. Your friend will also know who her true friends are.

lol! She is taken. :giggle:

Cool :cool: .. Want want want have Jacuzzi in my master bathroom :( :giggle:

Poor her who doesn't deserve the crap from other half who must be jealous, high likely. At least she knew who are the true friends including you, Shel90.

Shel90, I'm glad that you enjoyed the party, however.

-----------
Bit off-topic but something mere related...

I knew what it felt like sort of. I suddenly learned a lesson as a early teen by not saying anything about my last few generations who were very wealthy (not my parents). Some friends didn't believe me about it then yet little understandable due that I was so humble and even dressed like a normal person like many others, otherwise... so it's quite difficult for them to believe me, probably. Yet it doesn't change the fact, however.

So I realized and then mentioned it very rare only with my few close friends who discovered much later on. Yet I find it much more comfortable that way by not saying anything much about it... less, the better. Even it leave me bit uncomfortable to post it here, too.

It never is good or cool to mention or boast anything about the wealth or whatever which normally make others jealous or whatever uncomfortable... since you know how judgmental they could be.

Few years ago there was a TV show which they interviewed with some very wealthy parents' children (late teens at that time) in NYC and nearby and discovered that all of them never brought up anything about their wealth at all whenever in socializing... hmm interesting yet wise!

So be it a good lesson for you and anyone who may happen to be rich someday, trust me.

I praised your friend for working so hard and meet her parents' goal of giving her a house. I wish I have her parents. LOL I understand some people are struggling to get by. It is not easy.

One thing I can't stand is people who have easy lives. :roll:

at least your friend (and you) now know who has true colors.

a big deal really. it's like a teenager whose parents promised they'll get a car for her/him after graduation. I mean, did her parents OFFERED that or she demanded it for herself? (which I more likely doubt that because as you said she's humble, down to earth) ..

so, those so-called friends know nothing or don't deserve to see her new 'fugging beautiful' house anyway!

I praised your friend for working so hard and meet her parents' goal of giving her a house. I wish I have her parents. LOL I understand some people are struggling to get by. It is not easy.

One thing I can't stand is people who have easy lives. :roll:

I would say the same thing what you said here...

Shel90, you are a dear friend to her, no matter either she is poor or weathly... It shows itself that so-called friends are no friends to her... I agree with all posters that so-called friends are jealous of her.

If your wealthy friend is happy to host a Housewarming party then I see why not... She work hard to fulfilling her parents´ wish which is a great. I wish I have the parents like your friend´s parent... She is one of very lucky people...

if I had a housewarming party I wud have 2.... one for family and one for friends cuz since I figured cuz of drama and people probably will be too quiet if not know each other... :) hell I probably never experienced to a housewarming party but just ingore whoever is whining and tell your friends just put a cork in her mouth and be nice til after the party then she can talk crap behind their back... I think that will work but good luck :)

I will show supports no matter what wealth or poor bring us to.

Right now some of us will become wealthy in future while others will become poor or stay in cycle. We all should show support to one another regardless of our income status or how we received things.

I would rather to see over 18 years old to get the stuff than under 18 get a brand new car. That does not show true values.

In this case, she already over 18 and in working force. It makes more sense in the given situation.

Show support regardless of what happens.

Yea, I guess some people, in their view, to celebrate the purchase of a home should come from one's hard work to save up for it or earning enough income to purchase it. They felt that my friend shouldnt have a big party to rub it in some people's faces who arent able to afford houses after working their butts off for years and years. Interesting on how people view things.

Hey, if your friend provided a party with good food, go for it! (Never turn down a free meal, ha, ha.) :lol:

Seriously though, I'm wondering how all her friends even knew about the "deal" that she had with her parents. Couldn't your friend have a regular housewarming party without announcing the way the house was acquired? It seems a little strange to me that all her friends would know the circumstances of the arrangement with her parents. That should be a private family matter.

Those people who were invited to her house warming party knew that they will be jealous, don't go. Reason they went, because they want to cause the problem.

I wonder if her folks are looking to adopt? :lol: That aside, regardless of how she came into home ownership, her friends should put their negativity aside and celebrate her good fortune. Unfortunately, this is a good example of the need for discretion. Friendship and personal finances are two elements that are best kept separate.

I am of the opinion that the spirit behind a housewarming party is to celebrate home ownership with the expectations that many memories and milestones will be experienced within its walls. The circumstances of how a person owns a home never should be a factor.

Some people bring food. Some bring gifts. Some have a priest blessing the house. The intent is communal: a good home to be enjoyed by its owner.

Those who refused to attend are just downright spiteful. Who'd want to be associated with them nor be in their presence?

i am of the opinion that the spirit behind a housewarming party is to celebrate home ownership with the expectations that many memories and milestones will be experienced within its walls. The circumstances of how a person owns a home never should be a factor.

Some people bring food. Some bring gifts. Some have a priest blessing the house. The intent is communal: A good home to be enjoyed by its owner.

Those who refused to attend are just downright spiteful. Who'd want to be associated with them nor be in their presence?

good posting!

I am of the opinion that the spirit behind a housewarming party is to celebrate home ownership with the expectations that many memories and milestones will be experienced within its walls. The circumstances of how a person owns a home never should be a factor.

Some people bring food. Some bring gifts. Some have a priest blessing the house. The intent is communal: a good home to be enjoyed by its owner.

good posting!

Totally agree! The other thing I wanted to mention about bringing gifts for the new owner, I always bring.....plants.

Hey, if your friend provided a party with good food, go for it! (Never turn down a free meal, ha, ha.) :lol:

Seriously though, I'm wondering how all her friends even knew about the "deal" that she had with her parents. Couldn't your friend have a regular housewarming party without announcing the way the house was acquired? It seems a little strange to me that all her friends would know the circumstances of the arrangement with her parents. That should be a private family matter.

Honestly, I dont know ...I found out thru other people. Maybe she confided in someone privately and that person broke the promise by sharing this information. My friend said at the party that she was upset about the whole pettiness but cant worry too much about it. She didnt even ask how we all knew so I dont know if it was an announcement she made to some people or someone violiated her trust. Very good question there. Maybe when things settle down, I can ask her but I hate to stir the pot cuz everyone seems ok now except for those very few who are being petty about the whole thing.

I agree and thankfully, it is less than a handful not a big part of the group as I orginally feared. Whew!

It does not matter how the person gets the home, it's a nice thing to do with family and friends when moving into a new place.

I was offered between a house few years ago and an inheritance. I told my mom--Thanks, but no thanks. I'm good. I know a lot of parents love their children and sometimes it's a good thing to transfer funds between parents and children. Reduce the tax bite upon death, capital gains and that kind of stuff. I also think it's good to have some money in the bank for a bad rainy day, you just never know.

Also, if the house is actually in the parents' name, less tax on their income due to having a second house.....so everyone wins, not just the person in the house. The house sounds very beautiful and shel90's friend deserves it, having upheld her part of the deal. Way to go.

It does not matter how the person gets the home, it's a nice thing to do with family and friends when moving into a new place.

I was offered between a house few years ago and an inheritance. I told my mom--Thanks, but no thanks. I'm good. I know a lot of parents love their children and sometimes it's a good thing to transfer funds between parents and children. Reduce the tax bite upon death, capital gains and that kind of stuff. I also think it's good to have some money in the bank for a bad rainy day, you just never know.

Also, if the house is actually in the parents' name, less tax on their income due to having a second house.....so everyone wins, not just the person in the house. The house sounds very beautiful and shel90's friend deserves it, having upheld her part of the deal. Way to go.

Now, that detail, I do not know about and I feel I do not need to know anyway. It is not important to me. I just love to be around my friend cuz she is so hilarous and good-hearted. Just unfortunate that her housewarming party became an issue like that. Hopefully, as time passes, people will move on. About her friendship with those few who didnt go, it is between them. Hope they all work everything out..if not, then it wasnt meant to be.

Back