Household Budget and Organize

Pinky

Reaction score
I found an information about best website at wikiHow - The How-to Manual That You Can Edit to find "How to make budget and organlize" They will tell you. It helping me a lot and understand better.

I asking you a question. Do you like to use your budget on papersheets or use excel on computer?? I prefer to use excel on computer instead of papers. You don't have to tell me about your personal on bills. I am talking about paper and excel on computer. I like Excel because it save my time to put on time once time every months. I have an extra papers in here. I hate it! I like to do organize on file through computer's DVD or CD instead of file folders cause fat as flood. You know I mean?

I found an information about best website at wikiHow - The How-to Manual That You Can Edit to find "How to make budget and organlize" They will tell you. It helping me a lot and understand better.

I asking you a question. Do you like to use your budget on papersheets or use excel on computer?? I prefer to use excel on computer instead of papers. You don't have to tell me about your personal on bills. I am talking about paper and excel on computer. I like Excel because it save my time to put on time once time every months. I have an extra papers in here. I hate it! I like to do organize on file through computer's DVD or CD instead of file folders cause fat as flood. You know I mean?

Quicken or excel will do.

Excel, you can manually put formula to add and subtract.

Quicken good to use for to record all your assets. Car, house, investment, retirement etc... In nutshell, your entire porfolio.

I use both. Quicken for budget etc... but sometime I play with excel when I am helping friends to do their budget.

Quicken good to use for to record all your assets. Car, house, investment, retirement etc... In nutshell, your entire porfolio.

I use both. Quicken for budget etc... but sometime I play with excel when I am helping friends to do their budget.

What about Microsoft Access Dababase system?

What about Microsoft Access Dababase system?

Access Database? That is good for archiving data such as library books, inventories, etc... I just never thought of that as budget tool.

Can you point out how you can use Access Database?

Access Database? That is good for archiving data such as library books, inventories, etc... I just never thought of that as budget tool.

Can you point out how you can use Access Database?

I have not used that software for 2 years since I learnt it at community college. It is a system where you archive the details, into a list or whatever. But it can be as a budget -- but it is a advanced one though.

I am in charge with the maintenance of our personal finances and use Excel. :)

The rest of the paperwork are in lever arch file folders with 2-hole punch feature. One each folder for every year for 10 years. (Only need to keep them for either 5 or 7 years but I prefer the 10 year system for peace of mind, for tax audit purposes, etc).

The paperwork are separated by tab systems with topics written on them, such as Appliances, Auto, Education, Electricity, Insurance, Medical, Rates, Telephone, Vet, etc or whatever other topics that applies to you.

So when a new year comes around, I get rid of the earliest of the 10 years I have accumulated. For eg; 1997-2008, I shred the 1997 paperwork to make way for new 2008 ones. It's important to shred papers with shredder, I have my own electric shredder.

Last edited:
I have not used that software for 2 years since I learnt it at community college. It is a system where you archive the details, into a list or whatever. But it can be as a budget -- but it is a advanced one though.

Nah... I prefer to use excel or quicken. Both are very good tools and easy to work with. Access is one of the hardest program to learn to use.

I am very familiar with all Microsoft programs. Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Publisher and few more other things. Access was terminated from my list because I realized its too controlling interface that does not allow me to expand and grow the way I want to grow.

Excel allows me to expand and grow. Quicken has all kinds of tools in their program to point out. Taxes and interest rates return from bank etc... Nice to see that in quicken.

Quicken can do taxes for you. Instead of seeing CPA, you can do it yourself. Its called Quicken Turbo Taxes.

I just realized you are in Australia, means you need to find a quicken that follow your tax laws.

Here the link that I am talking about Quicken® Software: Personal Finance, Online Banking, Financial Planning, Budgeting, Money Management

Again... need to find the program that automatic calculate and record all your taxes.

Nah... I prefer to use excel or quicken. Both are very good tools and easy to work with. Access is one of the hardest program to learn to use.

I am very familiar with all Microsoft programs. Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Publisher and few more other things. Access was terminated from my list because I realized its too controlling interface that does not allow me to expand and grow the way I want to grow.

Excel allows me to expand and grow. Quicken has all kinds of tools in their program to point out. Taxes and interest rates return from bank etc... Nice to see that in quicken.

Quicken can do taxes for you. Instead of seeing CPA, you can do it yourself. Its called Quicken Turbo Taxes.

I just realized you are in Australia, means you need to find a quicken that follow your tax laws.

Here the link that I am talking about Quicken® Software: Personal Finance, Online Banking, Financial Planning, Budgeting, Money Management

Again... need to find the program that automatic calculate and record all your taxes.

Actually, what we have down here is called 'MYOB'

We have both here Quicken and MYOB (meaning Mind Your Own Business) but I have never used them as yet.

not that it's advanced. it's unnecessary unless you're a really query-freak.... which is bit too excessive for a simple budget organization. But I never thought about using ACCESS for budget organization. I think that's actually a cool idea..... but... only for techie people who knows how to use ACCESS program and understand the basic database hierarchy.

That's nice to discuss with you guys. Thank to Deaf Mortage. I do agree with you about use quicken and excel. I used to have quicken before. I just got a new computer last 2 months ago. I need to do install for quicken on my new pc again. I really like use computer instead of flood papers, too clutter cause stress. In case if it's fire in apt or house. I don't want to lose any value. I will get all CD, DVDs, USB, pictures, digital camera, macbook, value stuff and pet to escape from fire. That's same with flood. I like my husband's idea how to protect our value stuff.

That's nice to discuss with you guys. Thank to Deaf Mortage. I do agree with you about use quicken and excel. I used to have quicken before. I just got a new computer last 2 months ago. I need to do install for quicken on my new pc again. I really like use computer instead of flood papers, too clutter cause stress. In case if it's fire in apt or house. I don't want to lose any value. I will get all CD, DVDs, USB, pictures, digital camera, macbook, value stuff and pet to escape from fire. That's same with flood. I like my husband's idea how to protect our value stuff.

Also with latest Quickens, you can scan all paperwork into quickens. For example, If I buy something at Walmart (I work there, what can you expect. :lol:) I would put that information into Quicken to show new balance and then scan the receipt so that if I ever need to see what I bought or can print it out to take something back, I can.

However, they do have a bug so if you start doing that, I would suggest scanning into Adobe format and then add it to quicken.

Till they fix the bug, that would be best way to go.

Microsoft Money also has that feature too.

Exactly, That what my husband's mention. He wanted me to do scan all old bills and file info into computer. It will be help. When I am done with those and I will put all old papers in shredder and throw in the fire. I am not worry about it. Because We have a DVDs and CD ready. And USB too.

Also with latest Quickens, you can scan all paperwork into quickens. For example, If I buy something at Walmart (I work there, what can you expect. :lol:) I would put that information into Quicken to show new balance and then scan the receipt so that if I ever need to see what I bought or can print it out to take something back, I can.

However, they do have a bug so if you start doing that, I would suggest scanning into Adobe format and then add it to quicken.

Till they fix the bug, that would be best way to go.

Microsoft Money also has that feature too.

not that it's advanced. it's unnecessary unless you're a really query-freak.... which is bit too excessive for a simple budget organization. But I never thought about using ACCESS for budget organization. I think that's actually a cool idea..... but... only for techie people who knows how to use ACCESS program and understand the basic database hierarchy.

Yeah, for the microsoft geeks ;)

That's true.

MS Excel can be used like a checkbook balance.

You create multiple columns.

The first column would be the date.

The second column would be the identification number (if there is one, like a check).

The third column would be the description (who you paid or who paid you).

The fourth column would be the PLUS column.

The fifth column would be the MINUS column.

The sixth column would be the TOTAL column.

Using proper formulas, you simply add the numbers and the rest is calculated for you. :)

My hubby relies on the Excel to manage his bills.

We use Excel for our budget, it's very easy to use and do simple analysis to see where our money is going into and how we can save dollars from there and there.

I use Excel 8 hours a day everyday at work.

Yes I also use excel for budget issues as well.

Back