HOA says Cant fly a flag in my yard

sonocativo

Reaction score
Boom !!!!!

Attachments

• flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 40
Thank you for the Snopes.com link. That's a much better story than the viral legend.

Sarah, hearing mom to Deaf teen (CI, pretty good spoken language user, enthusiastic ASL student)

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Think I might paint my house like that since I cant decide on colors for the exterior.

Think I might paint my house like that since I cant decide on colors for the exterior.

You might want to check with your neighbors first , if enough people complaint to the city about your house you could force to repaint it.

You might want to check with your neighbors first , if enough people complaint to the city about your house you could force to repaint it.

Yeah... if you only seen THEIR houses, Id force them to tear them down... no ordenances or codes to violate here as far as painting goes so nothing to worry with. If I wanted to paint it 100 shades of pink, nothing they could do.

Yeah... if you only seen THEIR houses, Id force them to tear them down... no ordenances or codes to violate here as far as painting goes so nothing to worry with. If I wanted to paint it 100 shades of pink, nothing they could do.

I know towns are very strict with people painting their house too wild looking. I know my city would not allow that . One guy painted his a color that was not consider a historic color and people made a stink over it. The house was painted over by new owners . I happen to like the color the guy painted his house. Then that is cool you can do that . We can only have a flag up for holiday in my condo . I thought about putting up a curtain made of fabric that looked like a flag just to bug the trustees .

I know towns are very strict with people painting their house too wild looking. I know my city would not allow that . One guy painted his a color that was not consider a historic color and people made a stink over it. The house was painted over by new owners . I happen to like the color the guy painted his house. Then that is cool you can do that . We can only have a flag up for holiday in my condo . I thought about putting up a curtain made of fabric that looked like a flag just to bug the trustees .

When I lived in ST Louis City, there are historic homes and one guy painted his very cool looking with multi shades of blues and purples, Neighbors complained about the blue, so went to court and he won, but was pissed off about having to hire lawyers and wasted money so he had the entire house painted in the ugliest mustard yellows and shades of yellows, just in retalliation to the neighbors complaints to piss them off...lol
It still stands and has been maintained with the same ugly yellows to this day... over 25 years now.

In my hometown there is a house with a barbie-pink roof. They were mad the association wouldn't allow a fence so they had to build their pool indoors. They wanted revenge and there was no rule about roof colors.

HOA does not allow me to paint on my townhouse's front door, and this is one of reason why I sold my townhouse. I never want to live in a place under HOA's control.

When I lived in ST Louis City, there are historic homes and one guy painted his very cool looking with multi shades of blues and purples, Neighbors complained about the blue, so went to court and he won, but was pissed off about having to hire lawyers and wasted money so he had the entire house painted in the ugliest mustard yellows and shades of yellows, just in retalliation to the neighbors complaints to piss them off...lol
It still stands and has been maintained with the same ugly yellows to this day... over 25 years now.

Some people that own a historic house are fighting the city b/c they do not want to be told what they can and can't do to their house . They have to go before a committee of 5 people to get permission to fix their house and if they do not get they will have get a lawyer and go through the same crap . I hate condo b/c there are too many rules .

I don't understand how intentionally painting one's house weird color combinations as "revenge" against the HOA benefits the homeowner. Who does the pink roof bother? Unless the HOA officers live next door or across the street they don't have to look at it but the residents do. Have the homeowners never heard of the saying, "Cutting off one's nose to spite one's face"?

A new roof or exterior paint job isn't cheap, so I don't understand these "investments."

Read First Amendment.

HOA can kiss my ass and I will take ALL WAY to US Supreme Court.

I don't understand how intentionally painting one's house weird color combinations as "revenge" against the HOA benefits the homeowner. Who does the pink roof bother? Unless the HOA officers live next door or across the street they don't have to look at it but the residents do. Have the homeowners never heard of the saying, "Cutting off one's nose to spite one's face"?

A new roof or exterior paint job isn't cheap, so I don't understand these "investments."

Funny, one of neighbor complained about new plush carpet installed in my room and she told me that I need buy approved carpet from Don's, so I told her about HOA rule doesn't apply to indoor. She went tell on HOA president and they said that HOA rule only applies to outside, not inside.

What's weird woman.

Read First Amendment.

HOA can kiss my ass and I will take ALL WAY to US Supreme Court.
When people buy their houses they voluntarily agree to accept their neighborhood's HOA. If they don't like that kind of arrangement they should buy a house in an unincorporated county area that doesn't have an HOA.

I know that some HOA's are run by unreasonable people (who are elected by the residents), and some of their rules don't make sense but I also know that neighborhoods without HOA's can also devalue and become rundown.

People need to investigate the HOA situation before buying a house, and then decide whether or not they can live with it. If they get stuck with bad leadership, they need to vote them out.

Funny, one of neighbor complained about new plush carpet installed in my room and she told me that I need buy approved carpet from Don's, so I told her about HOA rule doesn't apply to indoor. She went tell on HOA president and they said that HOA rule only applies to outside, not inside.

What's weird woman.
Indeed, weird. :shock:

Maybe she gets a sales commission from Don's and was trying to drum up business for him. :lol:

When people buy their houses they voluntarily agree to accept their neighborhood's HOA. If they don't like that kind of arrangement they should buy a house in an unincorporated county area that doesn't have an HOA.

I know that some HOA's are run by unreasonable people (who are elected by the residents), and some of their rules don't make sense but I also know that neighborhoods without HOA's can also devalue and become rundown.

People need to investigate the HOA situation before buying a house, and then decide whether or not they can live with it. If they get stuck with bad leadership, they need to vote them out.

Just curious, HOA is part of government that run by elected homeowners?

I have constitutional question about local government or HOA limitation on exterior paint colors and any improvements that are not approved by HOA? Have court made a ruling on HOA?

Indeed, weird. :shock:

Maybe she gets a sales commission from Don's and was trying to drum up business for him. :lol:

It could be and you cannot return the carpet after cut and processed from mill and deliver to carpet store for installation. :lol:

My second house in South County was under a HOA... I didnt know that at first till I started getting my itemizations and noticed it was included in my mortgage... I was being charged a fee for the common grounds to be cut ( that we never used ) and just for them to say I cant and cant do this or that...
I did a lot of things there anyways, they didnt like I didnt ask permission or so beforehand, but everything I did fell under their guideline luckily... But when I went through my second divorce and the house sat empty til it sold, they wanted their money, and I told them they can pull it out of their rear ends, I kept the yard cut and all, Never set foot on the common grounds in all the years I lived there so I told them it was already paid for by me....plus I paid intrest on the fees because it was mortgaged...Never another HOA for me again...greedy bastards. Never did anything for me ( dogs crapping in my yard, litter from idiotic kids down the street, even had my mailbox smashed by some punks joyriding...)

Back