Hi from Minnesota

well the ringing in my ears only goes away when I wear my hearing aids :)
:wave: @ Tim

well the ringing in my ears only goes away when I wear my hearing aids :)
:wave: @ Tim

Really? Same here. When I take my aid off to go sleep, I have ringing problem. When I wake up, no ringing. I think it has something to do with earmolds b/c of wax melt. :dunno2:

Without ring relief and allergy liquid pills, omg, my ringing is as bad as ambulance sirens. I used to get drunk 'til I pass out so I wouldnt have to deal with it. It is tough to deal with.

that's what I really thought 2 Tim!
and I only wear hypoallergic earnold due to a specfic earmold allergy.

that's what I really thought 2 Tim!
and I only wear hypoallergic earnold due to a specfic earmold allergy.

Hmmm, interesting. I will not get a new silicone earmold anytime soon. I will try something different. Thanks for good idea. :)

Tinnitus (or ringing in the ears) often happens because of some kind of nerve damage. If the hair cells in the Cochlear are damage or weakened, the will stop converting the sound waves to electrical impulses. Anytime you have an lack of sounds, your brain tries to "make up for it". I don't really understand the mechanics of it but, when you hear a sound, it takes time for the nerve cells to return to a state that it can fire off another signal. The Cochlear has a process in which it has a bundle of nerves that take turns sending the signal (in rapid fire sequence). There is another set of nerves that will "cancel" out the signal so one sound doesn't bleed into the other frequency areas. When the hair cells stop firing, something happens where the cells that do the canceling may actually be triggering a sensation of sound.

Thus when you add sound back in, suddenly all of the various cells in the Cochlea are once again working in harmony. :)

I look forward to someone correcting me on this! Dr? or Audiologist? or someone? :)

Back