Hi from Minnesota

You and I basically have the same issue except our ears are switched. And I've got hearing impairment from genetics. Well, who knows. I may have that disease too, but I'm more convinced it's because of being born from a deaf person. I don't know ASL either but I know I need to.

- Freddie

Hey Freddie, Its nice to see someone that is young going through the same issues I am. Oh, you would know if you had Meniere's lol.

I looked at your profile and saw that you do makeup videos on YouTube. You are very good. I can waste a lot of time on that website.

Well, I do get the ear ringing, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, sometimes nausea, but eh. I don't get full blown vomiting though. O.o I don't think I'd let myself 'cos I hate doing that, hahaha. Just thinking about it makes me shudder. BUT ANYWAY.

I know places like signingsavvy.com are good to use when looking up certain words. They have some phrases too. You have to pay for more but when you sign up, you can at least get the dictionary which is good to have. :) It may not teach me grammar, but I can put together some small sentences and make it understandable. Pretty much the same thing I do with Chinese, just broken ASL. :P

Oh, and thank you!

You and I basically have the same issue except our ears are switched. And I've got hearing impairment from genetics. Well, who knows. I may have that disease too, but I'm more convinced it's because of being born from a deaf person. I don't know ASL either but I know I need to.

- Freddie

I am completely disagree what you just said in the bold. DEAF is NOT DISEASE.

Yeah, I know "deaf" is not a disease.
I've been dealing with it since I was born.
I know what it is and what it's not, aha.

Somedays I would rather be just plain ol "deaf" than have meniere's disease...

Hi,Tia. :wave:

Welcome to AD. I am deaf in both ears,too. My right ear is useless. I mean I can only hear very loud banging noise. In my left ear, I must wear a hearing aid to hear some. Hey, I sleep very good at night. :) Very nice avatar:P

I feel like I missed some inside joke. Lol

Umm...Alex is the BIG man around here and never posts so it was funny that he was the first to welcome you. Your profile pic is probably very appealing to the male ADers. :lol:

We are just silly people here who love to banter and pick on each other. :)

So..:welcome: to AD, Tia.

Profoundly deaf in both ears since birth.

I lived in Minnesota most of my life, and I am not young. I know the area very well. I also have Meniere's. I agree with doctors telling you to learn ASL. It is a wonderful language, and you should be able to pick it up fast. Good luck to you.

Thank you. Minnesota is a beautiful place. I don't think I would want to live anythere else. Did you live more by the Twin Cities or up by the Twin Ports?

Umm...Alex is the BIG man around here and never posts so it was funny that he was the first to welcome you. Your profile pic is probably very appealing to the male ADers. :lol:

We are just silly people here who love to banter and pick on each other. :)

LoL Maybe I should change my picture.. I don't want to be known as the new girl that made the silent "Big" man around here post. :)

Hi,Tia. :wave:

Welcome to AD. I am deaf in both ears,too. My right ear is useless. I mean I can only hear very loud banging noise. In my left ear, I must wear a hearing aid to hear some. Hey, I sleep very good at night. :) Very nice avatar:P

LOL you are lucky you sleep good at night.. I have that dang ringing in both ears that drives me nuts when there is no other noise around that I can hear.

Thank you very much.

Thank you. Minnesota is a beautiful place. I don't think I would want to live anythere else. Did you live more by the Twin Cities or up by the Twin Ports?

Mostly lived in south suburbs of TC area. My favorite part of Minnesota is Grand Marais area, and along Lake Superior also. Twin Ports is very nice. I recall sitting at Enger Tower at night and watching the city of Duluth below.

Mostly lived in south suburbs of TC area. My favorite part of Minnesota is Grand Marais area, and along Lake Superior also. Twin Ports is very nice. I recall sitting at Enger Tower at night and watching the city of Duluth below.

I live in the TP area and the Duluth skyline is beautiful

I live in the TP area and the Duluth skyline is beautiful

Ever make it up to Enger Tower at night? I remember also Skyline Drive. Nice area to live; I always wanted to move there.

Back