Hello

tazallie

Reaction score
Hi just wanted to say hello

I'm from the uk

I am hearing but am learning BSL (level 1)...so only a beginner I am afraid

not much to say, except this is a great site and thank you

Welcome to AllDeaf, Tazallie. Curious, how many levels of BSL are there? Are you taking BSL in high school or at a university?

Enjoy your stay. :)

Kewl stuff...welcome to AD -- Although I don't sign in BSL, but have heard that BSL's a bit similar to AUSLAN (Australian Sign Language) which I'm currently using. I also know ASL as well because I'm a native American. ;)

Herzlich Willkommen zu AD :)

I born & raised in England, that's why I used BSL. I live in Germany for a long time to use DGS (German Sign Language) to neglect BSL.

It would warm me up with BSL when I visit England for vacation to meet my old friends.

Curious, how many levels of BSL are there? Are you taking BSL in high school or at a university?

Hi Alex

there are 3 levels to BSL in terms of classes and qualifications but of course it is more than just attending classes

and I took it at my local community college last year (If only I was still in high school or university :cry: , I had much more fun then! :beer: )

And thanks to everyone for the warm welcome

Last edited:
:wave: Tazallie

Welcome aboard to AllDeaf and enjoy your stay. Have fun postin' with new friends ! ;)

Hello tazallie, Welcome to AllDeaf Hope you will enjoy posting along with us... See ya around. :mrgreen:

Hi Tazallie,

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay here! :thumb:

Hello Tazallie, welcome to Alldeaf, enjoy reading and posting in here, also hope your stay will be a pleasant one as well as a learning adventure for you! ;)

Wow, Tazallie, that's so cool about you learning BSL! Is BSL much different from ASL? If I knew ASL (which unfortunately I don't) and went to England, would people there be able to understand me if I used ASL, or at least get the gist of what I was trying to sign? Just wonderin'.....

Piper said:
Wow, Tazallie, that's so cool about you learning BSL! Is BSL much different from ASL? If I knew ASL (which unfortunately I don't) and went to England, would people there be able to understand me if I used ASL, or at least get the gist of what I was trying to sign? Just wonderin'.....

Unfortunately, BSL and ASL are not quite the same

If I knew ASL (which unfortunately I don't) and went to England, would people there be able to understand me if I used ASL, or at least get the gist of what I was trying to sign? Just wonderin'.....

Hi Piper,

they are totally different, I very much doubt that anyone who uses BSL would understand ASL...for example ASL uses just one hand to fingerspell, BSL uses two hands...

there are I think...not sure though...some signs that are similiar but its like english and french...some words are alike but most are vastly different

ASL and BSL are two different languages.

same with most countries sign language, each is unique and a languge in its own right. with its own history and use

Back