Have you ever been pulled over by the cops?

If you guys say you are deaf or show signs/etc, are the po-po more likely to let you go with a warning?

no

Yeah..about 25 or 35(?) times spanning from 1996 to 2008.

Here it goes the 17 randoms to remember...

1) October 1996- Asshole pig stopped me for no reason. He asked me where was I going to. And asked for my name and address...ugh, I was walking over my friend's house. But I gave a fake name and fake (different location of address in my area) and he let me go, anyway. Haha, I didn't have a ID or anything like that in my wallet.
2) June 1998 - F.S., NY sped onto outer ramp, failed to yield an upcoming truck it was close call so cop car was behind us and saw it. No ticket was given. We all were laughing about it..
3) July 1998 - Bayshore, NY My friends and I were drinking (we all were underages at the time) in my Chevrolet Cavalier at the deserted dock parking lot after hours, we noticed a couple of police vehicles coming up on a parking lot, I had to keep it cool and drivng normally out of there, told friends to hide our boozes. We were entering back on the street, however I noticed cops were behind us following us. That made me so nervous, I was still driving normally but got a little bit sped up to get avoid them and did stop at red sign, but wasn't put on full brake to stop as cop said after the pullover. Rest of my friends and I were deaf except my best friend, she was the one that took a cover for me...she saved our asses, interpreted for me via cop...whew! It was so close call they didn't check around in my car. I took a gum and quickly smoked a cig in case to prevent the smell of booze before they pulled us over
4) 1999 - E. Npt., NY I was trying to drive back out onto road from deli's backyard alley parking lot, where my car was parked. That bitch blonde cop lady stopped by and blocked behind me. She yelled at me and said not to do that, and told me to drive forward to go exit from the other side of backyard parking lot. Whatever.
5) Fall 1999 - Was kind of speeding at 40ish in a 30 road during the after school bus rush hour near my old home.
6) 2000- D.H., NY Got pulled over due to me took an illegal U-turn to enter a parking lot of pool hall/diner place. Cop said that he was going to do search in my car for a weed but he just had changed his mind. Um, I didn't have any greens in my car, though.
7) August 2001 - Riverhead, NY was with my old friend, swerved a bit on L.I.E. Due to usual typing/aiming and driving at the same time on AOL pager.
8) January 19, 2002- Hiawatha, KS I was the passenger, my sister and I got pulled over by sheriffs, I learned that the reason why they stopped us. I hated it when sheriff flashlighted in my eyes, knocked hard on my window side and told me to get out of car, stood outside in a chilling cold out there on the Plains road and questioning me and about my sister (by notepad.) I didn't know that my sister was driving under the influence of alcohol. She couldn't afford to lose her military license job. I had to take care of her car driving back to the hotel while she was holding in a cell for a few hours.
9) Summer 2002 - My good friends and I had left our friend's house party, three of us went on a drag racing on Long Island Expressway for a little while, it got my attention to that the sole state trooper got caught up and passed by me, went in to pursuit behind 2 of my friends. I was the last in the race as the slowest one at speeding due my little worn out car as I thought state trooper (in front of me) was giving me a signal to pull over. 1st friend got to move to the shoulder, then 2nd then me the last to pull over in some distance between them. However, trooper didn't come up to me...so I stayed there and waited until both of my friends were done taking care of the situation and left, I followed them then to their home. As we arrived there, I asked them what happened since I couldn't see a clear in distance plus trooper's siren lights were too bright to my eyes during the late night. They told me that trooper took a gun and pointed to them near their head!! Ah, no wonder both of them are deaf...they couldn't see it behind their backs. With windows being rolled down only they moved their eyes and head to the left, saw a trooper pointing a gun to their face. Trooper wrote to them that he did trying to yell orders to them they didn't hear and did see a shadow figure from their rearside mirrors' view but comeon, siren's lights were too fuckin brighten that cause blocking their eyes they couldn't see a gun then trooper got closer and closer, finally both of friends noticed, they got their hands up in the air, gave him the gesture that they can't hear. Dang! They also told me that trooper asked them why was I being over there to the shoulder along with them? They told him that I'm their friend and was waiting for them to finish taking care of the pullover situation. I told them that I thought I was being pulled over too but I guess they were the only ones that went over 100 mph. Lol.
10) September 2003 - Westchester, PA I went into the wrong way (one-way street) since I was unfamiliar and new to that area, was lookin for my old friend's residental location. Police excused me and showed me the way from his note of direction.
11) July 2005 - Outside of Vancouver on Interstate 5, WA I got pulled over because I was trying to check my Oregon map to make sure that I didn't miss the exit ramp to Portland, on the right direction to Portland by its Oregon border...cop told me that other driver saw me driving and turning west and east side of highway and had to make a quick call on his cellphone to dial 911, said that he thought I was drunk driving.
12) November 2005 - Got the first ever ticket fine....for going at 92 in a 70 way out of Wilimington, NC. My boyfriend witnessed it all...lol. Hell, it was like 2 a.m. Sunday and there was darkness and no car around on Interstate 40. Ugh.
13) April 2006- Elmira, NY Got pulled over for speeding at 84 on U.S. 17
14) November 30, 2006- Got pulled over right on the last exit ramp in the state of Virginia before entering Maryland border for speeding via I-95. VA state troopers...ouch. 2nd ticket.
15) May 2007 - Stafford, NY 3rd ticket. For going 81 in a 65 on I-90. Grr at B.S. State trooper while others were going faster than I was. Blahhh.
16) August 2007 - Rochester, NY turned to deserted one-way street by mistake. No one-way streets sign was shown sucks.
17) Spring 2008 - On the way to Buffalo, NY from NYC, at the peaking dawn, thanks to Asian state trooper for saving my life by wake-up call alerting pullover...due to fatigue behind the wheel. I asked him how far is the rest area..it was just about 2 miles down then I took turn to there to sleep. Yikes. Fatigue behind the wheel from a long drive is never funny thing.

Yeah..about 25 or 35(?) times spanning from 1996 to 2008.

Here it goes the 17 randoms to remember...

1) October 1996- Asshole pig stopped me for no reason. He asked me where was I going to. And asked for my name and address...ugh, I was walking over my friend's house. But I gave a fake name and fake (different location of address in my area) and he let me go, anyway. Haha, I didn't have a ID or anything like that in my wallet................
You are very lucky. What you did is a felony.

Got pulled over about a week ago for loud exhaust on my car just north of Richmond, VA. Told the officer that I was deaf and he was like well okay but you still need to have it dealt with. I was let go with a warning and a reminder that if I move to VA, I need to have my vehicle registered. Still haven't decided yet as I am unable to find a job. Here I'm thinking about mufflers on my car...It'll happen the day deaf people can join the U.S. military but before then. :D

Hey Douglas...You still alive???...You got us all worried about you and all the other people on the road whom you could kill!!!!

yup.

4 - 5 times because of all animals in back of the car. especially one time crossing canada.

another time by a motorcycle cop on a bridge because I had christmas light on flashing. that guy must have no spirit.

and last time because of expired registration, years ago -- I was JUST on my way to DMV for a renewal! fortunately, only a "fix it" ticket at no charge.

more times than i care to remember. Hell, for a while in California there was a cop who pretty much pulled me and my buddies over just to shoot the shit...

I have back in February of 1995 when I was on my last leg of moving into my new home after my mother passed away back in November of 1993 and the house got sold.

So this idiot in front of me had a fuzz buster, I saw it lit up and he stepped on the brakes and I almost rear ended him. I veered off to my right to avoid hitting him. The driver then drove off and I'm like "WTF dude??"

Suddenly lights lit up behind me, "Oh great, a cop!"

He had hit flashlight shining at my face and I scratched up a note telling him I am deaf, but can read lips, so I asked him to lower his flashlight so I can read his lips and answer him via notepad.

He looked at me funny and started talking some more, I pointed at my ears while shaking my head. He started to get pissed off and started yelling at me.

So I started signing at him in hopes that his narrow brain can finally then registered that I am really deaf.

He got it, but he wasn't happy.

I wrote about the idiot in front of me and what I had noticed and what he did.

He wrote accusing me of trying to make an illegal right hand pass.

Huh?

I reiterated what I wrote and he just looked at me and decided not to waste his time, so he motioned me to leave.

As I started pulling out, I felt a THUMP! thinking at first my tire kicked up a rock, after all I'm on a gravel sideway.

2 days later I stopped at a gas station to get gas, after paying for it, I walked toward back to my car and I noticed a hole on my taillight.

"Oh that S.O.B!" I thought...

Yep, same diameter size as the butt of his flashlight. I drove straight the police station and filed a complaint.

The next day, I get a call and it was dispatch using the TTY, the Police Chief is with the typist. We communicated in length about the situation and after it was all said and done, he said he'd check in on it.

3 days later, TTY call again, Chief said that the patrolman swears up and down he didn't bust out my taillight and said he'd take a polygraph test. Of course, the patrolman knows it's inadmissible in court. The Chief said he checked the area and found no evidence of pieces of the taillight and I told the Chief that all of the piece fell in inside and it was all accounted for. I also told him I had to buy a replacement from a junk yard that cost me $25 ($150 new).

Chief said he cannot pursue the investigation further since no physical evidence was present and had to close the complaint case.

Fine, whatever.

4 years later, I'm on my break and walked into the break room. I passed a pile of newspapers and a picture caught my eyes on the front page Metro section. It's the same cop that busted out my taillight.

He died.

The cop was out on his jogging routine and a van driver failed to see him and accidentally ran over him, killing him.

The driver was not charged.

Karma has a way of coming back to bite him the ass.

Yiz

No, I have never been pulled over by the cops... But I have been through Police checkpoints - Check for updated car registration, drink and drive check points and a missing person in local area check point - of course police didn't stop me to ask me any question so I was allowed to drive ahead.

I did get ticket once in San Jose, CA in 1987 for running red light which i did not but i went yellow/red lights and the motorcycle cop pulled me over and issued me a ticket but i went to traffic school for the deaf/HOH and got waived the ticket that time... That cop took the pad and pencil and wrote down to communicate with me without any problems.... =O) He was very patience with me as my being deaf .... that's good to know...

I have back in February of 1995 when I was on my last leg of moving into my new home after my mother passed away back in November of 1993 and the house got sold.

So this idiot in front of me had a fuzz buster, I saw it lit up and he stepped on the brakes and I almost rear ended him. I veered off to my right to avoid hitting him. The driver then drove off and I'm like "WTF dude??"

Suddenly lights lit up behind me, "Oh great, a cop!"

He had hit flashlight shining at my face and I scratched up a note telling him I am deaf, but can read lips, so I asked him to lower his flashlight so I can read his lips and answer him via notepad.

He looked at me funny and started talking some more, I pointed at my ears while shaking my head. He started to get pissed off and started yelling at me.

So I started signing at him in hopes that his narrow brain can finally then registered that I am really deaf.

He got it, but he wasn't happy.

I wrote about the idiot in front of me and what I had noticed and what he did.

He wrote accusing me of trying to make an illegal right hand pass.

Huh?

I reiterated what I wrote and he just looked at me and decided not to waste his time, so he motioned me to leave.

As I started pulling out, I felt a THUMP! thinking at first my tire kicked up a rock, after all I'm on a gravel sideway.

2 days later I stopped at a gas station to get gas, after paying for it, I walked toward back to my car and I noticed a hole on my taillight.

"Oh that S.O.B!" I thought...

Yep, same diameter size as the butt of his flashlight. I drove straight the police station and filed a complaint.

The next day, I get a call and it was dispatch using the TTY, the Police Chief is with the typist. We communicated in length about the situation and after it was all said and done, he said he'd check in on it.

3 days later, TTY call again, Chief said that the patrolman swears up and down he didn't bust out my taillight and said he'd take a polygraph test. Of course, the patrolman knows it's inadmissible in court. The Chief said he checked the area and found no evidence of pieces of the taillight and I told the Chief that all of the piece fell in inside and it was all accounted for. I also told him I had to buy a replacement from a junk yard that cost me $25 ($150 new).

Chief said he cannot pursue the investigation further since no physical evidence was present and had to close the complaint case.

Fine, whatever.

4 years later, I'm on my break and walked into the break room. I passed a pile of newspapers and a picture caught my eyes on the front page Metro section. It's the same cop that busted out my taillight.

He died.

The cop was out on his jogging routine and a van driver failed to see him and accidentally ran over him, killing him.

Yiz

HAHA, nice, nice.

Two questions:

You don't check your car every time you get into it?

He died.

Yiz
Are you equating a person's death with what happened to you?

If you guys say you are deaf or show signs/etc, are the po-po more likely to let you go with a warning?

It is possible but varies by polices, it is only applies to mild traffic violation.

I haven't got pulled over by a cop ever since i got my driver's license. My dad kept telling me to not go above the speed limit because they will pull you over and make you pay the ticket. One of my hearing friends from school got a ticket but it was a warning ticket, he was going 40 miles in a 25 miles per hour zone. I thought personally, it was stupid of him to do that but i was glad he got a warning ticket. I've been really careful on the roads, especially during rush hour. I haven't been on the highway yet. I'm not comfortable going in a 60-70 miles per hour zone yet. I gotten used to 35-almost 50 miles. My dad is going to take me out of town this weekend to visit his family and do a little bit of highway driving while we're at it.

I've been stopped by cops few times but never got a ticket...consider that lucky.

Back