Have you ever been pulled over by the cops?

I've had 3 speeding tickets. Nothing else. Brothers had the worse stuff. DWI, DUI, driving without a license, driving on a suspended license, no insurance, no tags, possession of less than 5 grams of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance (Quaaludes) and I'm not sure what else. They have each spent time in jail, but never more than 10 days.

I never been pulled over by the cops before.... not even once..... my record is clean, lol :)

However I have many friends that has been pulled over by cops before.... due to speeding or texting.

I've gotten a few speeding tickets and a lawsuit over the years. These days, I'm much more careful as a driver. Insurance is cheaper too. :P

yep but never had ticket,

Pulled over for running through "JUST" turned to red lights in dead quiet area at stupid o'clock in the morning!

and pulled over for speeding 50 in 40mph zones, I told him i wasn't conterating and he said just don't do it again

Pulled over for my passenger to be given a phone number. The cop and she got married few years later. Still happily married!

Some very lucky people in here. I notice it's more prevalent with the women on here that get away with tickets.. :hmm: Life is somewhat unfair.

sunglasses.gif

Once warned for speeding on Gally campus at around 4 a.m.
Having fun on gally in the wee hours? Or trying to meet deadline for a project?

I have had a clean state until two or three weeks ago was given speed ticket for the first time in my life for 19km/hr over the set speed limit.... that was in Sydney.

Last edited:
Other than my many instances of speeding (only two times I got a ticket) I have been pulled over so many times I have lost count. Its part of the reason I hate cops. Once I got pulled over cause my car was the same color as the car that egged the police chiefs house.

Having fun on gally in the wee hours? Or trying to meet deadline for a project?

It happened on the Homecoming weekend in 1988. My two friends and I returned to our dorm from the Homecoming Ballroom and we chilled in my room.

We were hungry so we decided to go to Subway nearby along with my roommate. I drove a rental car and I thought the campus was dead quiet. I sped a bit past Benson and suddenly the DOSS car got their lights flashed on the parking lot. We stopped at front of the old Hughes Gym and the DOSS officer with a limited ASL skils came to my side to ask me for my driver's license. He got puzzled a bit cuz my driver's license had no picture of me. He returned to his car and we waited waited and waited.

One of my friends asked me what it was taking so long and I told him that I had no idea. Finally he returned my license to me and asked me if I got caught for speeding in Canada last August of the same year. I signed yes to the officer and he gave me a warning. We were flabbergasted that the DOSS was able to dig up information on my speeding ticket from Canada. :eek3:

It happened on the Homecoming weekend in 1988. My two friends and I returned to our dorm from the Homecoming Ballroom and we chilled in my room.

We were hungry so we decided to go to Subway nearby along with my roommate. I drove a rental car and I thought the campus was dead quiet. I sped a bit past Benson and suddenly the DOSS car got their lights flashed on the parking lot. We stopped at front of the old Hughes Gym and the DOSS officer with a limited ASL skils came to my side to ask me for my driver's license. He got puzzled a bit cuz my driver's license had no picture of me. He returned to his car and we waited waited and waited.

One of my friends asked me what it was taking so long and I told him that I had no idea. Finally he returned my license to me and asked me if I got caught for speeding in Canada last August of the same year. I signed yes to the officer and he gave me a warning. We were flabbergasted that the DOSS was able to dig up information on my speeding ticket from Canada. :eek3:
Every licence holds a record..........

Yes, three times in total but yet my record remains clean. The first time was a ticket from a jackass cop, but got it taken off my record with a defensive driving class. The other two were just warnings for speeding, both doing 70 mph in 55 zone.

Got pulled over for unsafe lane change in 1990 when I was 18 years old.

a few times for speeding but never got a ticket.

One time for weaving between lanes after leaving a bar..*was talking with my deaf friends* the cops thought I was drunk so I took a sobriety test and passed with flying colors. I didnt have a drink at all that night but boy was my heart pounding while taking the test.

Recently, got pulled over for a missing headlight..

Only got a ticket one time and the others were warnings. My driving record never got points.

Yes I have and I found out that they don't like it when you say "can we hurry this up sparkie, happy hour is almost over" :lol:

I am not sure if I wrote this somewhere else on the forum, but about 3 years ago I got pulled over for driving too slow. I can't hear sirens so when I saw a cop behind me on an empty country road, I got nervous and starting slowing down when I realized I didn't really know what the speed limit really was on the road I was driving. I was also watching the cop in the rearview mirror (instead of watching in front of me) and going over the right side white line - practically in expectation that he would pull me over, and finally he pulled me over and asked me what was up. I told him I was nervous and he let me go. When we left, I requested that he pull out before me so I didn't have to be nervous anymore.

I am not sure if I wrote this somewhere else on the forum, but about 3 years ago I got pulled over for driving too slow. I can't hear sirens so when I saw a cop behind me on an empty country road, I got nervous and starting slowing down when I realized I didn't really know what the speed limit really was on the road I was driving. I was also watching the cop in the rearview mirror (instead of watching in front of me) and going over the right side white line - practically in expectation that he would pull me over, and finally he pulled me over and asked me what was up. I told him I was nervous and he let me go. When we left, I requested that he pull out before me so I didn't have to be nervous anymore.
I remember you mentioning it somewhere else in here on AD

If you guys say you are deaf or show signs/etc, are the po-po more likely to let you go with a warning?

Back