Have you ever been pulled over by the cops?

Two questions:

You don't check your car every time you get into it?

No because of the way my car was parked, I come to my car from the front, plus the day before I discovered it was my day off so I stayed home all day. Then the next day on my way to work, I stopped for gas and the rear of the car was facing the station. The pumps is all pre-pay only, (the station is right next to the main highway) so when I paid for my gas, then I was finally facing the rear of my car that I noticed it.

Are you equating a person's death with what happened to you?

No, it's all about him. Plus I asked other officers that I know and trust about this guy, none of them liked him. He's always complaining and is negative about everything. They were just glad that they're all solo patrolmens so they don't have to worry about being partnered up with a guy that will get on their nerves during their patrol duty.

Yiz

No because of the way my car was parked, I come to my car from the front, plus the day before I discovered it was my day off so I stayed home all day. Then the next day on my way to work, I stopped for gas and the rear of the car was facing the station. The pumps is all pre-pay only, (the station is right next to the main highway) so when I paid for my gas, then I was finally facing the rear of my car that I noticed it.
I always walk around my car and look at the lights, tires, and license plate, and under for puddles before I get in, so I was surprised that you didn't notice the damage sooner.

No, it's all about him. Plus I asked other officers that I know and trust about this guy, none of them liked him. He's always complaining and is negative about everything. They were just glad that they're all solo patrolmens so they don't have to worry about being partnered up with a guy that will get on their nerves during their patrol duty.
Just because people didn't like him it doesn't mean he deserved to die.

reba, I think yiz meant karma equals his whole life, all stuff he did. if he was capabled of doing this (thumping lights that strong), then I'm sure he have done worse, which is probably why many people disliked him very much. I mean, cops are usually very close to each other you know? if he had died, I can bet you - for a reason anyway.

I always walk around my car and look at the lights, tires, and license plate, and under for puddles before I get in, so I was surprised that you didn't notice the damage sooner.

Are you referring to when I got pulled over or just a daily thing like on the driveway?

I check all that whenever I feel the need to. For most of the time, I rely on the dashboard for clues, if a turn signal light blows and when I use it, it won't blink. That tells me in two ways, a fuse blew or a bulb burned out.

If at night, I check to make sure that the radius of the headlights is even, if one is lower in illumination than the other, then I'll know I have a problem. Most of my checks occurs at night whereas I rely on a very dark background/foreground for visual clues that the lights are in working order.

The whole time while I was pulled over that day, I remained seated in my car and I was never asked to come out of my car. So thus the reason for my delay in noticing the damage he had caused until two days later after pre-paying my gas and coming back towards the rear of my car for me to notice the damage.

At home, as I said earlier, when I leave my house, I approach my car from the front, never thinking about a possibility that a cop may have done something to my car because I honestly don't expect them to do anything to my car and I shouldn't have to expect it.

Just because people didn't like him it doesn't mean he deserved to die.

I didn't say that, you're misunderstanding the nature of the word "Karma" which means, "What goes around, comes around". If people lived their lives as being an *bleep*hole, chances are, that attitude is gonna catch up with them when they at least expect it. It's not the point of whether or not they deserved it, it's just how it is in life.

I don't believe in coincidences. When it happens, it happens for a reason.

Yiz

reba, I think yiz meant karma equals his whole life, all stuff he did. if he was capabled of doing this (thumping lights that strong), then I'm sure he have done worse, which is probably why many people disliked him very much. I mean, cops are usually very close to each other you know? if he had died, I can bet you - for a reason anyway.

Yeppa, what freckles said...

Yiz

Are you referring to when I got pulled over or just a daily thing like on the driveway?
Each time I get in the car.

At home, as I said earlier, when I leave my house, I approach my car from the front, never thinking about a possibility that a cop may have done something to my car because I honestly don't expect them to do anything to my car and I shouldn't have to expect it.
So you don't really know when the broken light occurred.

I didn't mean that you had to suspect that the cop had done something before looking at the light. I meant just as a routine safety check that you do each time you use the car. I approach my car from the front also but I walk all the way around it before entering the driver's side. It takes less than five seconds.

I didn't say that, you're misunderstanding the nature of the word "Karma" which means, "What goes around, comes around". If people lived their lives as being an *bleep*hole, chances are, that attitude is gonna catch up with them when they at least expect it. It's not the point of whether or not they deserved it, it's just how it is in life.

I don't believe in coincidences. When it happens, it happens for a reason.

Yiz
"What goes around, comes around" means whatever one does to others will come back and be done to that one. Since the cop didn't kill anyone, his death doesn't seem like fair "Karma."

Same here. It's a constant issue here on daily basis. I hate seeing a disabled car especially on highway because it causes traffic jam and accidents. I was thinking that we should enact fines for being disabled in middle of the highway (not local road) because most of time - these disabled cars are in questionable shape.

I do not know why would people drive shoddy cars on highway!!!

Same here. It's a constant issue here on daily basis. I hate seeing a disabled car especially on highway because it causes traffic jam and accidents. I was thinking that we should enact fines for being disabled in middle of the highway (not local road) because most of time - these disabled cars are in questionable shape.

I do not know why would people drive shoddy cars on highway!!!
Don't be so harsh on other drivers. There are some break-down problems that happen without warning despite good maintenance.

Don't be so harsh on other drivers. There are some break-down problems that happen without warning despite good maintenance.

That's why it would be up to officer's discretion to decide on it. But harsh? Not at all.... this is me being pretty gentle :aw: but if I were to get harsh - I'd point out the accidents or close-call incidents caused by disabled car. You can get to pretty much any destination without using highway/expressway/interstate road.

I'm not referring to unforeseeable circumstance like a blown-out tire unless if the tire was in negligible condition. I think it's safe for me to say that most of disabled cars on highway are mostly old or are in questionable condition.

I think you just gotta define the 'shoddy' terminology. Some people don't care about how their car looks outside, but the inside are all that counts to them. I personally know a few in my social circle right away.

Seeing Reba comes from old school, perhaps she is more inclined to be gentle on the older vehicles.
Of course, I don't think anyone is gonna side with a guy who doesn't maintain their car and drives one that looks in really bad condition.

Each time I get in the car.

So you don't really know when the broken light occurred.

Oh yes I knew, as I mentioned on my earlier post, I was on my last leg of moving to my new home, which means I had packed stuff into my trunk so I do remember vividly that my taillights was undamaged on that very day and before I left my old home for the last time, I did approach my car from the rear and never noticed anything amiss.

I didn't mean that you had to suspect that the cop had done something before looking at the light. I meant just as a routine safety check that you do each time you use the car. I approach my car from the front also but I walk all the way around it before entering the driver's side. It takes less than five seconds.

That's all fine and dandy, but I don't necessarily do that myself every single time. But I do check them every now and then. Sorry that I don't have the same habit as you do.

"What goes around, comes around" means whatever one does to others will come back and be done to that one. Since the cop didn't kill anyone, his death doesn't seem like fair "Karma."

And how do you know he didn't? How do we know he didn't cause harm against another person for no apparent reason? None of us even knows the guy next to Adam.

Just saying.........

Yiz

I think you just gotta define the 'shoddy' terminology. Some people don't care about how their car looks outside, but the inside are all that counts to them. I personally know a few in my social circle right away.

Seeing Reba comes from old school, perhaps she is more inclined to be gentle on the older vehicles.
Of course, I don't think anyone is gonna side with a guy who doesn't maintain their car and drives one that looks in really bad condition.
I've seen "disabled" cars that were so new they still had the dealer tags on them. I've seen very expensive luxury and sport cars "disabled" also. Looks don't guarantee anything. :lol:

... But I do check them every now and then. Sorry that I don't have the same habit as you do.
I'm just saying that if you don't check your car frequently, you really can't know when something happened to it.

And how do you know he didn't? How do we know he didn't cause harm against another person for no apparent reason? None of us even knows the guy next to Adam.

Just saying.........

Yiz
You're right. We didn't really know the guy, so we can't judge his life.

Reba - I know you drive old Jeep Cherokee and my post may have offend you but I'm ranting on the point that the drivers KNOWINGLY drive their vehicles in questionable condition on highway. If they knew their vehicles are prone to overheating... or have worn-out tires/brakes... or have a hanging exhaust pipe... or have persistent issue like leaky fluid.... they shouldn't be on highway.

They should be considerate for other drivers. They should not endanger our lives just because they want to save their time by getting to destination faster. If your car (not you) is in a questionable condition, then please take a local road... and please get it repaired ASAP. If you cannot afford to repair it, then you should not be driving at all.

Driving. It's a privilege... not rights. Please be responsible and considerate. When buying a car - you should have some money set aside for unforeseeable event. If your car keeps crapping out - then discard it.

Reba - I know you drive old Jeep Cherokee and my post may have offend you
No, it didn't offend me. The only time I had to pull over my Jeep was when something shattered my driver-side window. Even then, I pulled off onto the shoulder of the interstate.

if the car looks shoddy - chance is it's shoddy inside too. I know Reba wouldn't drive a shoddy car either. There are many people who drive old school cars but at least it's well-maintained.... like Jay Leno. or my friend.

He drives 1972 Buick Electra 225. its condition is so good that it makes people's 2010 car looks like toy RC car :lol:

but yea - when I said "shoddy cars"... I wasn't really referring to cosmetic part. Just the state of condition it's in.

I've seen "disabled" cars that were so new they still had the dealer tags on them. I've seen very expensive luxury and sport cars "disabled" also. Looks don't guarantee anything. :lol:

tsk... what a shoddy car!!! :lol:

that's why I don't buy 21st century car. I'm still sticking with 80's or 90's. It's easy to fix and it's mostly mechanical. these 21st century vehicles.... it's too complicated now because of computer stuff :mad2:

About those disabled expensive luxury cars... it's most likely because they didn't maintain it properly. They relied on dealership for routine maintenance schedule but it's a shame that they don't do daily/weekly inspection or simple routine maintenance themselves.

Back