Have you been struck with reality on here??

deafmedicalpoet

Reaction score
PLEASE read this letter carefully and slowly with care.

hello everyone,

I know that I am a user here on AD and I respect the mods and other users. We all share points, opinions, ideas, and pics. I want to ask this question, "Have you been struck with reality on here?" I have been struck with it before I came here, I mean really when I came here I was like this is a community? We bash, flame, and more. Wake up please!! Look we dont have to do this just because we dont agree all the time. The community I see here is like a world war 3, we do so much fighting on points, opinions and more that I dont see a big community at all. I thought as a deaf community we are suppose to look at each other's points and opinions in respect and look at maybe that is where a person grew up from with their points and opinions. We all have our own and we all bash and flame because we think they are false or misleading in some form. Each of us has our own thoughts, ideas and more. Why bash them, when we do it like people always end up getting banned, but the nasty replies are also something we shouldn't do, it makes the mods here probably think we are in need of a banning or that we should be taught a lesson. I think its time we look at this community as a family with smaller arguing, and sharing opinions and ideas and more should be considerate of what others think. Maybe we should wonder what Alex's reasoning was for this forum. We are a community and we should not battle each other, its like we are drunk and unable to agree because of some form of hatred. Where is our beloved community, we should share points, ideas, questions that we want people to think about and point out to ask for help answering, share a story to get feedback, and not bash each other because we don't agree. Look at us this community needs to straighten up I think. But then again this post is my feelings and reactions to what I see, does anyone agree? If you don't please don't respond nasty or not even if you can't do it without bashing.

A note to mods: I want this as an act of feelings to make life better for all of us here on this forum, I wish that this will help show a little truth to some here and I wanted to share in order to see how the members reacted, your reactions are welcome too. Please don't lock this thread either because I typed my heart out to all of you and even every member here too. Thanks

Thank you for reading!!

Deaflinuxgeek

You are completely right... we all have faults.. no one are perfect...I have no hatred for anyone at all... of course i do have some dislikes but hatred .. no... I have to agree with you...

Thanks!!
SxyPorkie :hyper:

*calls everyone obscene names in ASL* Bwahahahahaha.

Did you hear the one about Endymion? He's an *obscene insult in sign here* -- it's true! ;)

No, in reality, it'd be great if we could all get along.

Endymion said:
*calls everyone obscene names in ASL* Bwahahahahaha.

Did you hear the one about Endymion? He's an *obscene insult in sign here* -- it's true! ;)

No, in reality, it'd be great if we could all get along.

that is what I want to see people realize I mean that reread please and maybe you'll see that is what I am trying to show everyone

Deaflinuxgeek

Great post there, deaflinuxgeek. :thumb: And you know something, You're absolutely correct. Unfortunately, I believe that some members here should open their minds a little and understanding others point of view, instead of jumping all over the poster(s) with any name-calling, bashing and insulting. Matter of fact, I cannot stand some members here who stoop to such low standards when disagreeing with one another. Another word in an aggressive tone. Was it necessary? We all can agree to disagree in a civil manners without so much hate going back and forth. We can all benefit to learn from each other's experiences. My point being said because we have more of those AllDeaf Caucus events coming in the nearest future, I don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable facing members that they had a hot debates with. ;)

Cheri said:
Great post there, deaflinuxgeek. :thumb: And you know something, You're absolutely correct. Unfortunately, I believe that some members here should open their minds a little and understanding others point of view, instead of jumping all over the poster(s) with any name-calling, bashing and insulting. Matter of fact, I cannot stand some members here who stoop to such low standards when disagreeing with one another. Another word in an aggressive tone. Was it necessary? We all can agree to disagree in a civil manners without so much hate going back and forth. We can all benefit to learn from each other's experiences. My point being said because we have more of those AllDeaf Caucus events coming in the nearest future, I don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable facing members that they had a hot debates with. ;)

thank you! you are really helping get my point out there! and you are so right, I am sick of seeing what you say myself.

Deaflinuxgeek

Cheri said:
:gpost: You know, the topic of raising deaf children without implants vs. implanting them is a very interesting one, but a number of members said I was a liar just because I am hearing. Deaf culture is in the heart, not the ears, and more late-deafened people need to realize that and open up to the fact that not everyone likes to hear.

And a few Deafer-Than-Thou (there aren't many, but there are a few here) people need to stop attacking everyone who chooses to get a CI for themselves. If hearing people can join Deaf culture, why can't volunteer implantees? The only way a CI will bother me is if it the user has a rude attitude toward unimplanted deaf people or if the parents are forcing a kid to depend on it.

I hear you sis, and all of you guys

I agree in reality it would be really nice if we all got along but here? I dunno, I still have mix feelings with some members here... :hyper:

deaflinuxgeek said:
PLEASE read this letter carefully and slowly with care.

hello everyone,

I know that I am a user here on AD and I respect the mods and other users. We all share points, opinions, ideas, and pics. I want to ask this question, "Have you been struck with reality on here?" I have been struck with it before I came here, I mean really when I came here I was like this is a community? We bash, flame, and more. Wake up please!! Look we dont have to do this just because we dont agree all the time. The community I see here is like a world war 3, we do so much fighting on points, opinions and more that I dont see a big community at all. I thought as a deaf community we are suppose to look at each other's points and opinions in respect and look at maybe that is where a person grew up from with their points and opinions. We all have our own and we all bash and flame because we think they are false or misleading in some form. Each of us has our own thoughts, ideas and more. Why bash them, when we do it like people always end up getting banned, but the nasty replies are also something we shouldn't do, it makes the mods here probably think we are in need of a banning or that we should be taught a lesson. I think its time we look at this community as a family with smaller arguing, and sharing opinions and ideas and more should be considerate of what others think. Maybe we should wonder what Alex's reasoning was for this forum. We are a community and we should not battle each other, its like we are drunk and unable to agree because of some form of hatred. Where is our beloved community, we should share points, ideas, questions that we want people to think about and point out to ask for help answering, share a story to get feedback, and not bash each other because we don't agree. Look at us this community needs to straighten up I think. But then again this post is my feelings and reactions to what I see, does anyone agree? If you don't please don't respond nasty or not even if you can't do it without bashing.

A note to mods: I want this as an act of feelings to make life better for all of us here on this forum, I wish that this will help show a little truth to some here and I wanted to share in order to see how the members reacted, your reactions are welcome too. Please don't lock this thread either because I typed my heart out to all of you and even every member here too. Thanks

Thank you for reading!!

Deaflinuxgeek

Yea, I agree. I don't leaving when AD is gonna more mistake but some members are act like stupid, rude, attack, insult and other making mistake.

It wasn't worse as last year.

^Angel^ said:
I agree in reality it would be really nice if we all got along but here? I dunno, I still have mix feelings with some members here... :hyper:

i think that it's completely okay to not really like certain members, but it's important that you remain civil, yanno? instead of letting personal feelings get in the way.

anyway, you made a lot of good points, deaflinuxgeek. excellent letter.

Whenever I hear a member bitch and whine about something, I don't care. It's not my problem. I'm not going to get involved. The best I can do is share my sympathy. If that person is looking for sympathy, I don't care. It's better to sympathize than to say, "Jeez... here we go again!"

If I think of something horrible that I could say, I just keep it to myself and laugh about it. I've got lots of friends who have constant problems. There's nothing I can do to help them except say, "Sorry about that. Hope it works out for you."

In my opinion, the more people snap back with something negative... the more likely they will do it more often. The more positive you are, the more likely you'll be positive more often. :)

*applauds*

I really, truley think everyone here needed to read that, and i completely agree. this agruing is just a waste of our time and pointless as well. *which is why i dont get involved in it*
thanks for taking time to post this ^^

suicidegirl said:
i think that it's completely okay to not really like certain members, but it's important that you remain civil, yanno? instead of letting personal feelings get in the way.

I agree, mostly I ignore them :)

Im still new here and see this place as one big dysfunctional family--not perfect family with faults, fighting, etc. I do ignore some threads when there is too much controversity cuz I get bored after while....it just goes on and on without end and I dont learn too much...:blah:

It would be nice to have debate lessons by a debator master so we all know how to debate/argue in correct way--like lawyers do in court for example. But dont know how to solve this problem. :dunno:

gnulinuxman said:
Excellent post, sweetie. I couldn't have said it better myself. :thumb: :kiss:

I agreed..
but its more likely I made thread couple months ago.. my thread

You are not only one.. tried to tell others..
Just hang in there and help others..

thank you for making this thread! :D

Aloha all i just got off work... and i saw this post and i was like OH YES exactly my sentiments, yah i have had my share of bad postings, but some of you really take the cake, name callings, insiulting and degrading others and most of all NOT thinking of other poeple's feelings, sure this is internet but remember those who are typing in these postings ALSO HAS FEELINGS. some of u tell us to grow a thick skin... thats not how it works here. RESPECT goes 2 ways! use it!!!!

Good posting DLG :)

I hope some of you could think about that.. why do we need the constant reminders to others???? this is like hello! We're here to support not bitch!

^Angel^ said:
I hear you sis, and all of you guys

me too angel

and i ignored them not need to bash them

i know how you feel dlg

Xalem said:
I really, truley think everyone here needed to read that, and i completely agree. this agruing is just a waste of our time and pointless as well. *which is why i dont get involved in it*
thanks for taking time to post this ^^
But you have some very good arguments, Sam!

javapride said:
Aloha all i just got off work... and i saw this post and i was like OH YES exactly my sentiments, yah i have had my share of bad postings, but some of you really take the cake, name callings, insiulting and degrading others and most of all NOT thinking of other poeple's feelings, sure this is internet but remember those who are typing in these postings ALSO HAS FEELINGS. some of u tell us to grow a thick skin... thats not how it works here. RESPECT goes 2 ways! use it!!!!

Good posting DLG :)

I hope some of you could think about that.. why do we need the constant reminders to others???? this is like hello! We're here to support not bitch!
Yeah, you have a very good point here. Respect does go both ways. Why am I considered a liar? Why don't people actually read what I say instead of assuming I am against anyone with a CI? I don't have an either/or mentality--I am willing to try a little of everything. Then if I tell one of these people that I partially agree with them, they say "You must be smoking something exotic.".... But I digress...

My point is that most of these arguments are coming from misunderstandings, and the misunderstanders won't admit they're wrong about what the people they misunderstood actually said, and they take it as far as name-calling and other forms of personal attacks.

Back