Have the Jehovah Witness people come to your door?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically you are saying that if she attacks an innocent person possibly injuring them, and then lies in a courtroom saying that they threatened her (when they didn't) she will get away with it? It's great to think that's the kind of people many of you are.
Depends on if the jury thinks the door knocker is "innocent" or a perceived threat.

Who said she would lie? Did you know that legally a "threat" doesn't always consist of a shaking fist or a verbal assault?

"That's the kind of people many of you are"--what does that mean?

You know what I do when I don't know if somebody is "safe"? I DON'T ANSWER THE DOOR... I don't just open up: "Hi how are you today? We're sharing a message of hope an..." WHAM, baseball bat to the face.
Sometimes the resident doesn't know whether or not someone is "safe" until they open the door. People can be deceptive in appearance.

... it is kinda offending when people hurl lies and insults and threaten your health and safety though.
So? If you're truly serving the Lord it shouldn't matter.

And just so you know, I don't knock on doors that have "day sleeper" signs either, and neither do many of my friends. The majority of JW's START preaching around 9-9:30am, which isn't THAT early, and VERY RARELY do they go door to door after dark...
"Many" and "majority" are not all, so that means some do. "Rarely" means some do go after dark. Those might be just enough to be the annoying ones.

...we have to look out for our OWN safety with angry people out to get us you know.
I hope you aren't including SxyPorkie in that category. She isn't "out to get" anyone. She just wants to enjoy the peace and safety of her home. If no one knocks on her door, she's not going to prowl the streets looking for you.

Depends on if the jury thinks the door knocker is "innocent" or a perceived threat.

Who said she would lie? Did you know that legally a "threat" doesn't always consist of a shaking fist or a verbal assault?

Sometimes the resident doesn't know whether or not someone is "safe" until they open the door. People can be deceptive in appearance.

"Many" and "majority" are not all, so that means some do. "Rarely" means some do go after dark. Those might be just enough to be the annoying ones.

I hope you aren't including SxyPorkie in that category. She isn't "out to get" anyone. She just wants to enjoy the peace and safety of her home. If no one knocks on her door, she's not going to prowl the streets looking for you.

Reba... thank you.... you are right.. i was not on prowl at all... for fucking 4 yrs JWs keep coming here..... NO RESPECT for me... i had enough of them... they even came here at 6 oclock in the morning.... i kept telling them to leave me alone and dont come here... they still come...
Three weeks ago i warned them i would be with a bat next time they come....

rabbit..... if you are one of JWs... then i have nothing to do with you.. you are bullhead.. no RESPECT for deafies who are not interested in joining with JWs....

PUT UP A SIGN IF YOU ARE SO ANGRY WITH THEM!!! If you have a NO TRESPASSING SIGN (which has YOUR SIGNATURE [it's only legal if you sign it] on it) they will stop coming to your door...
I hope you aren't depending on that signature loophole to protect you if you come to South Carolina. Pffft!

Legally binding or not, if someone puts up a sign that says, "NO TRESPASSING", why on earth would you want to aggrevate that person? Do you think they'll be receptive to your message if you don't respect their's?

... have some decency and PUT UP A SIGN saying that you absolutely will NOT tolerate JW's knocking on your door. ...
Why should the homeowner need to do that? No one invited you onto the property. Why should the homeowner have to play the bad guy with an ugly sign? (Apparently you don't pay attention to signs anyway, if they're not "signed" and "legal".)

SxyPorkie,

I don't think that is cool at all to make those kind of threats. I am even skeptical that JWs were harrassing you. I had JW's come to my door and I just say no thanks and they respected that. They don't endanger or vandalize your property. If you want no treaspassing, post a sign.

...Three weeks ago i warned them i would be with a bat next time they come....
There you go--you have legally put them on notice. That is, you have warned them. So, if they persist in showing up, too bad for them. (Personally, I suggest you call the cops rather than batting them.)

It almost seems like you have been "targeted" or put on a "hit" list.

Please take care, and don't let them raise your blood pressure. :hug:

Netro.. thats fine.... i am in california.... other4 religions had come here.. they never returned when i said no thanks.. BUT.. JW had not stopped... they keep coming here for past 4 yrs.... last visit.. i was very angry and told them i was fucking tired of their harrasments.. and i WARNED them that i would be with a bat if they returns.... it has been three weeks now.. i am still waiting....

The majority of JW's START preaching around 9-9:30am, which isn't THAT early, and VERY RARELY do they go door to door after dark, we have to look out for our OWN safety with angry people out to get us you know.

9-9:30 am is still too fucking early.

Humm...

I'm not going to moderate this thread just yet, but it's getting there...

I'm an excommunicated Mormon, and no, I've not gone door to door visiting - nor do I have the inclination to do so... HOWEVER, I do know that the stakes around here do keep a list of addresses that have requested that no missionaries come visiting at - and many of the missionaries have complied with those wishes. We do occasionally get the overzealous missionary that may ignore the "do not visit" list, and they do get called upon the rug in the Bishop's office when they're caught doing so.

As for the JWs, I do know that our local JW church keeps a list too - and I'm rather surprised that there are several JW churchs that do not do so. It could be considered as harassment - especially if the tenant has requested to be put on the list, and if not done so, they can call the police and file a trespassing report against that particular church. Then a copy of the report is sent to the church from where the unwanted visitor is from, and kept on record along with the addition to the "do not visit" list. If this continues, the tenant has the right to file a complaint with the local court system and the church sued for harassment.

However, you MUST inform the missionary that you do not want them to come around anymore, and to be put on the "do not visit" list, and if they come back, call the church where they are from and ask to be put on the list.

THEN you can call the police if they still continue to come and file the trespassing complaint.

I know it's rather lengthy and a wee bit complicated, but I've seen this work.

Well, I would say that it's not your place to try to convince people to believe in fairy tales either.

I'm am not trying to CONVINCE anyone of anything... It's your choice whether you CHOOSE believe what I do or not.

Rabbit: I'm not modest when I say that I am one sweet piece of man candy

That sounded dirty. :giggle: I bet your church won't be pleased to hear of this signature you have.

You left this out "It's great to think that's the kind of people many of you are"... it was sarcasm.

So next time I guess you'll just have to attack the girl scouts as well.

The insults and threats haven't stopped me yet... and I will never stop standing up for what I believe in.

With ANY religion there are certain individuals who can be a bit extreme, you can't blame the religion, it's that INDIVIDUAL that may not be doing things the correct way. We have training on proper edicate when it comes to preaching (or "witnessing" as we call it), they teach us NOT to bother people (on purpose at least) and to obey things such as "no trespassing" signs. Oh and BTW, I don't "believe in that loophole" when it comes to signing the sign... I was just saying that in case they wanted to make it COMPLETELY legal, I obey the signs whether they have a name on them or not.

Of course I don't, I live in a big city, you can get shot or mugged after dark... the "church" (kingdom hall) asks us to be careful.

rabbit..... if you are one of JWs... then i have nothing to do with you.. you are bullhead.. no RESPECT for deafies who are not interested in joining with JWs....

I don't think you have the right to speak for EVERYONE.

That sounded dirty. :giggle: I bet your church won't be pleased to hear of this signature you have.

No believe it or not, JW's are NOT as amazingly strict as many people think, we ARE allowed to have a sense of humor.

Iam surprised that Skyportie and Lucia are having problems with JW people.

When I was living in AZ, they did come to my door and I politely told them I wasnt interested. They never came back.

Same thing happened here in MD too. They were always respectful about my wishes so I dont know what is happening over there in CA and Texas. Maybe it is certain individuals that are not doing it in the right way?

Hitting JW with a bat is not a good idea. Better to call the police instead and have them handle it.

I agree with some of yall abouit JW my family always sick when they come to our homes.. one time , my grandpa(a real southern gentleman) had a shotgun by the door from the nite before skunk hunting, and jw came and my grandpa was leaning on the shotgun and JW left a nd also they come ot my dads place many times .. since my dad is a deaf preacher at local church here and they wld agure agure and my dad will say GET OUTTA OF HERE !

HEY, what ever happened to the notice on this boards DESCRIPTION?

Please keep in mind to RESPECT the various types of beliefs and ways each beholds or adheres to.

I think that enough BASHING of Jehovah's Witnesses has gone on in THIS and other threads... I would like to ask the MODS: please lock this thread before even more insults, threats, stereotypes and prejudices get flung.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back