Have the Jehovah Witness people come to your door?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES IS A CULT! END OF DISCUSSION! AND 6AM IS WHEN MOST PEOPLE SLEEP! IT IS RUDE!

It's sad how closed you keep your mind. :(

And who would know whether they were a cult better? Me: the person who's been one of Jehovah's Witnesses for 17 years, or You: the person who says to hit someone with a studded baseball bat? Just by the way you talk I can tell that there is so much prejudice in you towards what you choose not to accept that it is blinding you to reason.

It's sad how closed you keep your mind. :(

And who would know whether they were a cult better? Me: the person who's been one of Jehovah's Witnesses for 17 years, or You: the person who says to hit someone with a studded baseball bat? Just by the way you talk I can tell that there is so much prejudice in you towards what you choose not to accept that it is blinding you to reason.

1) Look, my family have had issues with cults which I do not wish to divulge.

2) It is fucking annoying when they keep coming to my door at 6 fucking am in the fucking morning when I am sleeping and having a nice pleasant dream. FUCKING RUDE! Come at a different time later in the day and maybe I'll be nice.

3) They need to respect our privacy and stop using the post office to get our addresses. IT IS HARRASMENT. I DO NOT LIKE WEIRDOS COMING TO MY DOOR.

4) You Jehovah's Witnesses are crazy not to accept blood or other blood products/byproducts. If my life hung in the balance and depended on blood or blood products or byproducts, I would accept it! Fuck, I have had several major surgeries and there's no knowing what could have happened in any of my surgeries, and no I am not talking about just my CI surgery, I am speaking of my other major surgeries too. What about those that need organ transplants in order to save their lives? Such as liver, kidney, or heart? I don't care what the so called good book or whatever the hell it is you use says. I DON'T CARE, period! If you do not accept blood, blood products, or byproducts, then you are neglecting yourself or your child. YES, I call that child neglect. If I was a doctor in a hospital and if my patient was a child that needed a new heart or a new kidney or a new liver, and his or her parents wouldn't allow it due to religious reasons, I WOULD CALL CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES and I would go to court and petition the judge to take the child out of the parents' custody for the duration of the treatment. I do not care if you don't want blood, blood products, or byproducts for yourself, but you SHOULD NOT DENY YOUR CHILD TREATMENT AND THE CHANCE TO SAVE HIS OR HER LIFE! END OF STORY.

5) Fuck off!

6) I know your preachers or whoever they are, they are in it for the money. PREACHERS IN ALL CULTS ARE.

7) You don't celebrate holidays. I feel sorry for your kids when they are singled out at school because they are not allowed to partake in xmas parties or birthday parties or other holiday parties. They feel left out and singled out. I remember when I was in elementary school, there was a classmate, Naomi, who was NEVER allowed to partake in such parties due to her family being JW's. She felt SO left out and she was ALWAYS sad, she felt singled out. She missed out on the fun. She always cried. What is SO wrong about those holiday parties? At least they aren't shooting up heroin or snorting coke. It's JUST A PARTY! Eventually it got to the point where all the teachers couldn't stand not letting her take part in any of the parties, and began letting her take part in the parties. Poor girl.

8) You do not accept divorce. What if there is spousal abuse? And divorce exists for very good reasons.

9) Your religion is overkill. Religion is overrated. Get over it and swallow your pride and stop being so fucking extreme.

And there's too many other things I have to say about your religion.

It is fucking annoying when they keep coming to my door at 6 fucking am in the fucking morning when I am sleeping and having a nice pleasant dream. FUCKING RUDE! Come at a different time later in the day and maybe I'll be nice.

Put up a sign "Need sleep, come back later in the day" I guarantee it will work.

They need to respect our privacy and stop using the post office to get our addresses. IT IS HARRASMENT. I DO NOT LIKE WEIRDOS COMING TO MY DOOR.

We do not use the post office, we go to every house, there is no need to be sneaky to find addresses when you cover them all.

You Jehovah's Witnesses are crazy not to accept blood or other blood products/byproducts. If my life hung in the balance and depended on blood or blood products or byproducts, I would accept it! Fuck, I have had several major surgeries and there's no knowing what could have happened in any of my surgeries, and no I am not talking about just my CI surgery, I am speaking of my other major surgeries too. What about those that need organ transplants in order to save their lives? Such as liver, kidney, or heart? I don't care what the so called good book or whatever the hell it is you use says. I DON'T CARE, period! If you do not accept blood, blood products, or byproducts, then you are neglecting yourself or your child. YES, I call that child neglect. If I was a doctor in a hospital and if my patient was a child that needed a new heart or a new kidney or a new liver, and his or her parents wouldn't allow it due to religious reasons, I WOULD CALL CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES and I would go to court and petition the judge to take the child out of the parents' custody for the duration of the treatment. I do not care if you don't want blood, blood products, or byproducts for yourself, but you SHOULD NOT DENY YOUR CHILD TREATMENT AND THE CHANCE TO SAVE HIS OR HER LIFE! END OF STORY.

Next time a JW comes around, instead of being hostile and rude, why don't you ask them to bring you these videos, they are FREE, and I'm sure being as you've had experience with cults, you don't have to worry about being "sucked in"

NO BLOOD - Medicine Meets the Challenge

Transfusion-Alternative Strategies- Simple, Safe, Effective

5 was uncalled for and childish.

I know your preachers or whoever they are, they are in it for the money. PREACHERS IN ALL CULTS ARE.

Of course, we must be in it for the money being as we give away literature, books and sign language dvd's for FREE... we just bathe in the wealth of money donated by generous people such as yourself. :giggle:

You don't celebrate holidays. I feel sorry for your kids when they are singled out at school because they are not allowed to partake in xmas parties or birthday parties or other holiday parties. They feel left out and singled out. I remember when I was in elementary school, there was a classmate, Naomi, who was NEVER allowed to partake in such parties due to her family being JW's. She felt SO left out and she was ALWAYS sad, she felt singled out. She missed out on the fun. She always cried. What is SO wrong about those holiday parties? At least they aren't shooting up heroin or snorting coke. It's JUST A PARTY! Eventually it got to the point where all the teachers couldn't stand not letting her take part in any of the parties, and began letting her take part in the parties. Poor girl.

Maybe she was crying because people who didn't understand the reason she wasn't celebrating those holidays were trying to convince her that she was missing out and rubbing it in her face all the time? We don't need a DAY to celebrate, we give gifts to our parents, children, and friends all year 'round just to show that we love them... we don't need a day set aside to love the important people in our lives. Why celebrate the birth of Jesus when he told us NOT to celebrate the birth of someone? Why not celebrate his death like he SAID TO, being as THAT is what gave mankind a chance to redeem themselves for being sinners? Why do we need a single day of "thanksgiving" when we give thanks every day, when we always pray before our meals, and we are always appreciative of what we have? END OF DISCUSSION.

You do not accept divorce. What if there is spousal abuse? And divorce exists for very good reasons.

We do allow divorces, maybe not over trivial things, but if someone cheats on you or if you are being abused, then you are allowed to divorce, it's your statements like this that let me know you don't actually know what you are talking about, if you know JW's and their religion so well you'd at least get their beliefs correct when you slander them.

Your religion is overkill. Religion is overrated. Get over it and swallow your pride and stop being so fucking extreme.

Overkill, huh? Extreme? What would you call threatening to release the dogs on people you are prejudice against? Or beating them with a studded baseball bat? That's not extreme in your eyes? I'll stop being so "extreme" when you accept that JW's aren't as bad as you WANT them to be.

Put up a sign "Need sleep, come back later in the day" I guarantee it will work.

Nah, my sign I currently have is much more effective. Effective enough that they will be TOO scared to come onto my property ever again. :D

We do not use the post office, we go to every house, there is no need to be sneaky to find addresses when you cover them all.

Oh really? Then why the hell did I get a letter in the MAIL 2 weeks ago from Jehovah's Witnesses? Obviously they got my address from the PO.

Next time a JW comes around, instead of being hostile and rude, why don't you ask them to bring you these videos, they are FREE, and I'm sure being as you've had experience with cults, you don't have to worry about being "sucked in"

NO BLOOD - Medicine Meets the Challenge

Transfusion-Alternative Strategies- Simple, Safe, Effective

More junk to take up space in my house? No thanks. Besides, they probably aren't captioned or subtitled. Most non-hollywood videos and dvds aren't.

5 was uncalled for and childish.

Well, bothering us at 6 am in the morning is ANNOYING and INAPPRORIATE and RUDE.

Of course, we must be in it for the money being as we give away literature, books and sign language dvd's for FREE... we just bathe in the wealth of money donated by generous people such as yourself. :giggle:

Well, why do JW's and other cult-like religions need huge fancy churches? Why do I hear stories of how some preachers have been busted for taking all the tithings in church, using them to cushion their income?

Maybe she was crying because people who didn't understand the reason she wasn't celebrating those holidays were trying to convince her that she was missing out and rubbing it in her face all the time? We don't need a DAY to celebrate, we give gifts to our parents, children, and friends all year 'round just to show that we love them... we don't need a day set aside to love the important people in our lives. Why celebrate the birth of Jesus when he told us NOT to celebrate the birth of someone? Why not celebrate his death like he SAID TO, being as THAT is what gave mankind a chance to redeem themselves for being sinners? Why do we need a single day of "thanksgiving" when we give thanks every day, when we always pray before our meals, and we are always appreciative of what we have? END OF DISCUSSION.

No, she was crying because she felt left out and lonely since she has to stay behind in an empty classroom while doing her schoolwork while the kids are in another classroom having a good time? Why is it so wrong to just have a good time?

And xmas doesn't neccessarily have to be celebration of the birth of "jesus"...for me it is not about that. To me xmas is just about being with family and loving one other and having a nice time and taking a break from the everyday grind of life. What is SO wrong about that?

Thankgiving, even if we give thanks everyday, still exists for a reason: family and relatives and extended family coming together to have a good time, especially when they live far away from each other and haven't seen each other for quite a while. It's also a nice break from the everyday grind of life. What is so wrong with celebrating seeing your family you see only 1 or 2 times a year due to distance?

We do allow divorces, maybe not over trivial things, but if someone cheats on you or if you are being abused, then you are allowed to divorce, it's your statements like this that let me know you don't actually know what you are talking about, if you know JW's and their religion so well you'd at least get their beliefs correct when you slander them.

Yeah, but you look down on divorce so severely, I read that if you get divorced you are not allowed to come back to the church or whatever it is that you call it, for 6 months or so, and that you cannot marry again. WTF? So we make mistakes, but that's LIFE. We grow and learn and we learn from our own mistakes. So, if you get divorced, you are a single person the rest of your life due to religious beliefs? Fuck that!

Overkill, huh? Extreme? What would you call threatening to release the dogs on people you are prejudice against? Or beating them with a studded baseball bat? That's not extreme in your eyes? I'll stop being so "extreme" when you accept that JW's aren't as bad as you WANT them to be.

Yes, you folks are extreme. You act like it is a elite religious club. You say crap like only a limited number of JW's will get into heaven. That's stupid. It makes a lot of people feel like shit when you say that.

Oh really? Then why the hell did I get a letter in the MAIL 2 weeks ago from Jehovah's Witnesses? Obviously they got my address from the PO.

Maybe they contact you via letter because there is a threatening sign on your door?

More junk to take up space in my house? No thanks. Besides, they probably aren't captioned or subtitled. Most non-hollywood videoes and dvds aren't.

OK fine, it's your choice, because 2 dvd's take up SO much space that it's just rediculus... and it's not like you can throw them out when you're done, right?

Well, bothering us at 6 am in the morning is ANNOYING and INAPPRORIATE and RUDE.

Maybe alot moreso if we came to your door calling you names and insulting you. (referring to how you've been treating us)

Well, why do JW's and other cult-like religions need huge fancy churches? Why do I hear stories of how some preachers have been busted for taking all the tithings in church, using them to cushion their income?

OH MY GOODNESS! Have you ever even been in a Kingdom Hall? It has to be one of the MOST modest places of worship you will ever come across! There isn't anything for the "preachers" to take if they WANTED to... unless they wanted to rip up carpet and steal lightbulbs. :eek3:

Why is it so wrong to just have a good time?

It isn't wrong to have a good time, we do all the time... but we serve god who we believe created us, and thus deserves our full focus... if you look at the origin of many holidays, they are pagan and many are very bad... time has blurred over these things and many people still celebrate in ignorance... why even take a chance at upsetting god? We have fun in our own ways.

Yeah, but you look down on divorce so severely, I read that if you get divorced you are not allowed to come back to the church or whatever it is that you call it, for 6 months or so, and that you cannot marry again. WTF? So we make mistakes, but that's LIFE. We grow and learn and we learn from our own mistakes. So, if you get divorced, you are a single person the rest of your life due to religious beliefs? Fuck that!

Oh yes... forgive our horrible religion for instilling family values and trying to discourage the act of breaking families apart... it's so horrible when people learn to OVERCOME their problems rather than just pack up and abandon ship. Where do you come up with this stuff? The only people we'd not allow in our kingdom hall would be someone with malicious intent to the property or the people there. Oh yeah, when you say vows "until DEATH do us part" you are kinda contracting yourself into a LIFELONG arrangement...

Yes, you folks are extreme. You act like it is a elite religious club. You say crap like only a limited number of JW's will get into heaven. That's stupid. It makes a lot of people feel like shit when you say that.

what would you rather, living in heaven as a spirit with no gender, who will never marry and who will never get to see your family and friends again, or living on a perfect earth as a perfect human enjoying life forever? We don't make up how many people get into heaven, it says right in the bible that god has chosen 144,000 people to serve as kings and priests in heaven.

Maybe they contact you via letter because there is a threatening sign on your door?

No, they didn't say anything about that.

Maybe alot moreso if we came to your door calling you names and insulting you. (referring to how you've been treating us)

I HATE to be woken up when I'm having such a good dream. And I need my sleep!

It isn't wrong to have a good time, we do all the time... but we serve god who we believe created us, and thus deserves our full focus... if you look at the origin of many holidays, they are pagan and many are very bad... time has blurred over these things and many people still celebrate in ignorance... why even take a chance at upsetting god? We have fun in our own ways.

I don't care about the origin and whether it's pagan or not. I DO NOT CARE. I just like to have a good time.

Oh yes... forgive our horrible religion for instilling family values and trying to discourage the act of breaking families apart... it's so horrible when people learn to OVERCOME their problems rather than just pack up and abandon ship. Where do you come up with this stuff? The only people we'd not allow in our kingdom hall would be someone with malicious intent to the property or the people there. Oh yeah, when you say vows "until DEATH do us part" you are kinda contracting yourself into a LIFELONG arrangement...

And suffer spousal abuse? No thanks! I can understand if you are saying you want a divorce because you're sick of your wife. That'd be wrong. But sometimes you marry someone who turns out not to be compatible down the road, and it's not good for your children if their parents are constantly fighting, with no end in sight. Even after trying marriage counseling, etc. Children don't need that. Oftentimes its better for the entire family if parents get a divorce. And then there's spousal abuse. I WILL NOT TOLERATE THAT. Parents fighting ALL the time with no end in sight have a very negative psychological effect on the children. I do not believe in staying together just for the kids' sake. I understand that when you say "I do" you are committing yourself to marriage for life, but there should be exceptions for extreme situations like I've mentioned above. My mom and dad should have divorced, but they didn't, solely because dad didn't want to have to pay child support while mom kept me and my sister. So, we had to endure their fighting all the time, it's even gotten violent at times. And guess what. She's dead now. I have a feeling that if they'd have divorced, our environment and childhood would have been so much more stable, and she'd be around a lot longer.

what would you rather, living in heaven as a spirit with no gender, who will never marry and who will never get to see your family and friends again, or living on a perfect earth as a perfect human enjoying life forever? We don't make up how many people get into heaven, it says right in the bible that god has chosen 144,000 people to serve as kings and priests in heaven.

Sorry, but I'm agnostic. I don't believe in any of that stuff.

And suffer spousal abuse? No thanks! I can understand if you are saying you want a divorce because you're sick of your wife. That'd be wrong. But sometimes you marry someone who turns out not to be compatible down the road, and it's not good for your children if their parents are constantly fighting, with no end in sight. Even after trying marriage counseling, etc. Children don't need that. Oftentimes its better for the entire family if parents get a divorce. And then there's spousal abuse. I WILL NOT TOLERATE THAT. Parents fighting ALL the time with no end in sight have a very negative psychological effect on the children. I do not believe in staying together just for the kids' sake. I understand that when you say "I do" you are committing yourself to marriage for life, but there should be exceptions for extreme situations like I've mentioned above. My mom and dad should have divorced, but they didn't, solely because dad didn't want to have to pay child support while mom kept me and my sister. So, we had to endure their fighting all the time, it's even gotten violent at times. And guess what. She's dead now. I have a feeling that if they'd have divorced, our environment would have been much more stable, and she'd be around a lot longer.

I couldn't agree with you more as to the effects a bad marriage has on children... let me clarify though... in our religion your ARE allowed to separate (without divorcing), but you can't live/sleep with someone else unless you're married to them, and you can't get married unless you are divorced to the first person... but there are only certain grounds for divorce such as abuse/cheating... so basically if you don't like somebody you can't get remarried (or at least we advise you not to), but if you have a REASON to be divorced then you CAN get remarried (we aren't cruel, obviously you can get remarried!)

Sorry, but I'm agnostic. I don't believe in any of that stuff.

Agnostic is the gray-zone, you either believe in something or not, saying there is no way to tell is taking the easy way out. If you are agnostic then why don't you just let the Christians live by their OWN religion based upon CHRIST? If you aren't even sure if god is real, than you have no right to bash other god-believing religions.

You really want one of those options?

Put studs on the bat, it'll do a hell of a lot of damage! And you can print out my sign and put that on your door! That'll scare the hell out of them!

HAHA... good idea.. i was told by other friends... JWs will stay away if you tell them you are JEW.. i dont know if it works... JWs are assholes... wont leave me alone.... i was very rude... they still comes... but since i had told them next time they come.. i will be with a bat.. i dont care if i will go to jail... they have been harassed me for fucking 4 yrs

HAHA... good idea.. i was told by other friends... JWs will stay away if you tell them you are JEW.. i dont know if it works... JWs are assholes... wont leave me alone.... i was very rude... they still comes... but since i had told them next time they come.. i will be with a bat.. i dont care if i will go to jail... they have been harassed me for fucking 4 yrs

We have nothing against Jews, obviously it's a different religion and so we have different beliefs, but we have nothing against them.

If you go to jail for attacking somebody who means no harm with a baseball bat then I'm glad you are getting put away, how do you think it feels to get hit with a bat? I go to peoples houses, I'm just a regular young man, I'm in love with a girl, I love books and writing, playing music and serving god, I love people with all of my heart and always want to help people, to teach people what I believe in (only if they are interested in learning it of course), I would never dream of hurting anyone... would you hit somebody like me with a baseball bat? If you say yes, that says something about YOU... and it's not a good thing.

...If you go to jail for attacking somebody who means no harm with a baseball bat then I'm glad you are getting put away, how do you think it feels to get hit with a bat?
She might not go to jail. The law is more likely to support someone protecting themselves in their own home, then someone who continues to knock at the door after having been repeatedly told to go away.

Also, I believe SxyPorkie is an older lady, and you are a young man. Who do you think the police will believe was more threatened or threatening?

... I would never dream of hurting anyone... would you hit somebody like me with a baseball bat? If you say yes, that says something about YOU... and it's not a good thing.
In these days and times, I wouldn't blame anyone for being defensive in their home when a stranger comes knocking. How would SxyPorkie know the person at her door is "safe"?

I've gone door-to-door visiting, and I never felt offended if someone didn''t answer the door or refused to talk to me. It's nothing personal, and I respect the concept of "a man's home is his castle." Also, I never knocked on a door early in the morning, or after dark, or if they have a "day sleeper" sign.

Ummm... why wouldn't I want to live in a paradise restored earth? Do you have any other options that are better?

There aren't but you're gonna be sorely disappointed to find that it won't happen.

We have nothing against Jews, obviously it's a different religion and so we have different beliefs, but we have nothing against them.

If you go to jail for attacking somebody who means no harm with a baseball bat then I'm glad you are getting put away, how do you think it feels to get hit with a bat? I go to peoples houses, I'm just a regular young man, I'm in love with a girl, I love books and writing, playing music and serving god, I love people with all of my heart and always want to help people, to teach people what I believe in (only if they are interested in learning it of course), I would never dream of hurting anyone... would you hit somebody like me with a baseball bat? If you say yes, that says something about YOU... and it's not a good thing.

Oh Yeah.. How do you feel if someone harasses you all the times??? JWx has been harassed me for fucking 4 yrs.... at first i was nice... they kept coming.... then i was rude... they still keep coming... I got fed up... THATS LAST STRAW..... how can you be patinece... harassing for 4 yrs... no more... i got fed up...They had no REPECT for me as senior citizens....

Also, I believe SxyPorkie is an older lady, and you are a young man. Who do you think the police will believe was more threatened or threatening?

So basically you are saying that if she attacks an innocent person possibly injuring them, and then lies in a courtroom saying that they threatened her (when they didn't) she will get away with it? It's great to think that's the kind of people many of you are.

In these days and times, I wouldn't blame anyone for being defensive in their home when a stranger comes knocking. How would SxyPorkie know the person at her door is "safe"?

You know what I do when I don't know if somebody is "safe"? I DON'T ANSWER THE DOOR... I don't just open up: "Hi how are you today? We're sharing a message of hope an..." WHAM, baseball bat to the face.

I've gone door-to-door visiting, and I never felt offended if someone didn''t answer the door or refused to talk to me. It's nothing personal, and I respect the concept of "a man's home is his castle." Also, I never knocked on a door early in the morning, or after dark, or if they have a "day sleeper" sign.

Hey, we don't feel offended when people reject our message either, trust me it happens alot... it is kinda offending when people hurl lies and insults and threaten your health and safety though. And just so you know, I don't knock on doors that have "day sleeper" signs either, and neither do many of my friends. The majority of JW's START preaching around 9-9:30am, which isn't THAT early, and VERY RARELY do they go door to door after dark, we have to look out for our OWN safety with angry people out to get us you know.

Oh Yeah.. How do you feel if someone harasses you all the times??? JWx has been harassed me for fucking 4 yrs.... at first i was nice... they kept coming.... then i was rude... they still keep coming... I got fed up... THATS LAST STRAW..... how can you be patinece... harassing for 4 yrs... no more... i got fed up...They had no REPECT for me as senior citizens....

PUT UP A SIGN IF YOU ARE SO ANGRY WITH THEM!!! If you have a NO TRESPASSING SIGN (which has YOUR SIGNATURE [it's only legal if you sign it] on it) they will stop coming to your door... how'd you like to get hit with a bat? It's doesn't sound very pleasant to me, have some decency and PUT UP A SIGN saying that you absolutely will NOT tolerate JW's knocking on your door. Hurting people is just not nice.

To each his own. It's not your place to try and ruin other peoples hopes and dreams.

Well, I would say that it's not your place to try to convince people to believe in fairy tales either.

PUT UP A SIGN IF YOU ARE SO ANGRY WITH THEM!!! If you have a NO TRESPASSING SIGN (which has YOUR SIGNATURE [it's only legal if you sign it] on it) they will stop coming to your door... how'd you like to get hit with a bat? It's doesn't sound very pleasant to me, have some decency and PUT UP A SIGN saying that you absolutely will NOT tolerate JW's knocking on your door. Hurting people is just not nice.

I guess you are IDIOT... I had told them many many times not to come.... if i hit them with a bat and get arrested... it will be on newspaper "Old deaf lady hit JW for harassing" and i will win.. then it mean BIG EMBARASSMENT FOR THEIR CHURCH.. what more i can sue them for harassment... i had warned them many times....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back