GRRR!! @#$**!@&*!! gotta vent..

Defee said:
Gooood idea! Im gonna go shopping tomorrow and buy 12 gallons of water for emergency like that!! but ugh..it will be C O L D..YIKES! lol! but better than have soap and shampoo on body and head, haha...thanks for the tip, TOF!

Ya can heat the water up on the stove and pour it on you to get soap off of you! :wiggle:

that has never happened to me before but have run out of hot water during the winter time.. ended up taking a cold shower.. it sucked..

Defee i know how you feel in a way...I recently move in new apt unit from old one due to cheap rent to save money. I find out that toliet and shower was out of order so i called and inform them that they need to fix it soon as possible but they never send any until week after they got toliet fixed and manage to get water run in the shower but I couldnt turn it off completely due to water leak also has no cold water in shower. We have been calling everyday they never come in to fix it. They say they need to turn water off in whole apt unit to fix the shower. few weeks passed by I came home from work ask my brother if they ever fix it which they never have came. I drop my things on floor and march in the office told them off big time that we have not get them to fix the shower and told them the shower dont have any cold water and it goddamn HOT WATER that I couldnt handle it. They told me that they will send guy in tonight to fix which they did send guy allright but that guy say will come in tomorrow to fix it even promise us which they didnt (muttering) then 2 days ago i realize that they turn water off without notice I went to check see if shower is fixed and no it hasnt. I went in office again talk to them. they say they will find out to see if they were working on it or not until yesterday. I came home from work to find out water is working so i went in to check shower. GODDAMN THEY FIX IT after almost whole month of bitching and waiting for them to fix the shower. Boy what a lousy management this apt have.

I know how you feel, Defee! We moved to new house near Tulsa two months ago. Last month my husband was mixing cement powder with water from water hose to pour into holes for posts because he was building fence in backyard. Well, the water company shut off the WHOLE neighborhood water supply in the middle of mixing cement with water! My husband had to get rid of cement out of cement mixer machine and take the cement mixer machine to the car wash 10 minutes drive away to get it washed before it becomes hard. He rented the machine for nothing and had to take it back to the rental. He took day off work that day for nothing. Sure was frustrating!!! We were without water for 6 hours. Defee, how long were you without water?

CODAchild said:
Defee? How is the water situtation now? Did your water come back on finally?
Well, it is ok for NOW, but i had to wait two whole freakin hours before it finally came on but it was a weak stream at first, then i thought id wait a few minutes to make sure, just in case the miserable azzholes decided to turn it off again..but not, it finally came on full force then i jumped in! lol! it felt real good, haha...
but this is not the first time it happened! it has happened several times, i dont understand why..really..this is the first time ive been caught in shower like this. Im gonna go get some jugs of water and have it on hand!

Peachy Lady said:
I know how you feel, Defee! We moved to new house near Tulsa two months ago. Last month my husband was mixing cement powder with water from water hose to pour into holes for posts because he was building fence in backyard. Well, the water company shut off the WHOLE neighborhood water supply in the middle of mixing cement with water! My husband had to get rid of cement out of cement mixer machine and take the cement mixer machine to the car wash 10 minutes drive away to get it washed before it becomes hard. He rented the machine for nothing and had to take it back to the rental. He took day off work that day for nothing. Sure was frustrating!!! We were without water for 6 hours. Defee, how long were you without water?
Oh good Lord almighty, thats terrible, Peachylady...I can imagine your husband getting so mad about that! If my husband was doing that, he would fly off the handle, whoo heee! LOL! what a bad timing, man!! They should have the courtesy to warn the neighborhood off the water shutoff, but i guess they dont have that notion of it, geez! I didnt have the water for 2 hours this time...before that, it was longer than that so i was lucky this time, heh! If it was longer than that, id like that pizzy azzed hen LOL!
didnt know that you moved to Tulsa! Is it a job related move or something?
Hope this water situation wont happen to you again!

ravensteve1961 said:
Wanna get even with utily companies?When your bill comes wait until date due says on your bill but if they shut down your neighborhood get everynone together and tell em wait until your bill says date due and mail it the day before date due and that will make bill collectors work harder.
How does that make them work harder? It's the same amount of work, no matter when you pay.

I remember once when we moved from our old house to our new house. We had moved everything out, but had a few things to clean up. I came home and used the toilet. What I didn't realize that as soon as we moved out, the water was shut off. I took a big shit and realized it wouldn't flush. Before I used the bathroom, my brother used it and he used the water that was in the toilet. Since I didn't hear the flush, I went ahead and put soap on my hands to rinse them off. Wait, no water there either! Argh! So, I went out with a bucket and came back to fill the toilet tank with water. When it was full, I was able to flush the toilet. I used what was left in the bucket to rinse off my hands. Whew!

VamPyroX said:
I remember once when we moved from our old house to our new house. We had moved everything out, but had a few things to clean up. I came home and used the toilet. What I didn't realize that as soon as we moved out, the water was shut off. I took a big shit and realized it wouldn't flush. Before I used the bathroom, my brother used it and he used the water that was in the toilet. Since I didn't hear the flush, I went ahead and put soap on my hands to rinse them off. Wait, no water there either! Argh! So, I went out with a bucket and came back to fill the toilet tank with water. When it was full, I was able to flush the toilet. I used what was left in the bucket to rinse off my hands. Whew!
Ohhh holy shyt! excuse the pun! LOL!.....

Defee said:
Nooooo, I did pay my freakin water bill ON time! They just shut the water off without any damn notice! thats not fair! I had to wait two freakin hours before they finally turned the water back on!
Yeah, Babyangel...if you see them guys doin some work, dont take any baths at all! But we had no warning at all and i never saw any guys down the road or nuthin...we live out in the country anyways..
Yeah, Katzie...IF i saw any of those guys, I would have shot them! :devil: LOL!
This is not the first time either...grrrrr!
RAvensteve...Im fixin to call the freakin water people my piece of mind about not warning us of water shut off, for crying out loud.....
my husband came home, i was ranting about it and he just laughed...i told him it was not funny...told him if it happened to him, he wont like it, with soap still on his body and shampoo on his head..heh! he just shrugged.. :squint:

Oh that gotta suck for you, I have gotten noticed when the city had to shut off our water due to repair, But I am so surprised that they didn't even bother to give you a note by the door to let you know. I don't blame you for being upset. :hug: You poor thing. :(

Cheri said:
Oh that gotta suck for you, I have gotten noticed when the city had to shut off our water due to repair, But I am so surprised that they didn't even bother to give you a note by the door to let you know. I don't blame you for being upset. :hug: You poor thing. :(
You are so lucky that your city gives you NOTICE that your water would be shut off! not here!! dumb azz rural water district people...grrr! they never do that..they just do it without notice every time! Today i bought 8 jugs of water so i will have some water just in case! thanks for feeling sorry for me hahaha...just kidding...

My gosh! Every1 here have plms with water off...geez I had that same but very small one in fact so was not very bad one tho! But gosh, that dang, stupid and idiots did not even warn u with some notices at all!! That was very rude and bad manner! Unless, as I was reading all u said.... no one have said abt one thing I was wonder, what if that pipes for water might have broken and caused the whole thing off?? Know I mean? Did anyone ever tell u that at all? If not then that stupid company for not warning u all....gosh!! Can't believe that!

Oh my gosh Tie!!! "Tie," which I call her lol, just silly, aka Tika... gosh!! Can't belive they doing lousy job, man! Can't believe that.... seem that now everything have gone crazy and lousy workers in which I have noticed anywhere and been hearing a lot lately!! Geez.... Defee.... if that happened do this way like Tie did, march in the office and tell them off how u exactly feel in which u were so vent out on us which I can undy that and dont blame u at all!! Yes, it was very bad timing.... ouchie gosh, PeachyLady... that was terrbile alright! Hope ur husband calm down?

Defee said:
You are so lucky that your city gives you NOTICE that your water would be shut off! not here!! dumb azz rural water district people...grrr! they never do that..they just do it without notice every time! Today i bought 8 jugs of water so i will have some water just in case! thanks for feeling sorry for me hahaha...just kidding...

That's great you have some back-up plans for in case it happen again. :thumb: But, I still think they should still notify you about shutting-off water and until when it will be back on because I just think it is more polite that way. Ever think about taking up your complains to your city? I think you should because those people who turnoff the water has no respect for the residents.

Defee said:
Oh good Lord almighty, thats terrible, Peachylady...I can imagine your husband getting so mad about that! If my husband was doing that, he would fly off the handle, whoo heee! LOL! what a bad timing, man!! They should have the courtesy to warn the neighborhood off the water shutoff, but i guess they dont have that notion of it, geez! I didnt have the water for 2 hours this time...before that, it was longer than that so i was lucky this time, heh! If it was longer than that, id like that pizzy azzed hen LOL!
didnt know that you moved to Tulsa! Is it a job related move or something?
Hope this water situation wont happen to you again!

Nope, the water company never told us they were going to shut off water and they didn't tell our neighbor either! When we called water company, they said yeah they knew they were going to shut it off for awhile to fix something. Geez! My family and I moved to a town near Tulsa. We like living near big city, but still in a small, quiet town. The new house we live in now is much nicer than the old one. Pls PM me when you are ready to come visit me...smile!

~AngelWolf~ said:
My gosh! Every1 here have plms with water off...geez I had that same but very small one in fact so was not very bad one tho! But gosh, that dang, stupid and idiots did not even warn u with some notices at all!! That was very rude and bad manner! Unless, as I was reading all u said.... no one have said abt one thing I was wonder, what if that pipes for water might have broken and caused the whole thing off?? Know I mean? Did anyone ever tell u that at all? If not then that stupid company for not warning u all....gosh!! Can't believe that!

Oh my gosh Tie!!! "Tie," which I call her lol, just silly, aka Tika... gosh!! Can't belive they doing lousy job, man! Can't believe that.... seem that now everything have gone crazy and lousy workers in which I have noticed anywhere and been hearing a lot lately!! Geez.... Defee.... if that happened do this way like Tie did, march in the office and tell them off how u exactly feel in which u were so vent out on us which I can undy that and dont blame u at all!! Yes, it was very bad timing.... ouchie gosh, PeachyLady... that was terrbile alright! Hope ur husband calm down?

Yeah thanks. My husband was upset and frustrated. But he's not the type to blow off the handle. He just wished that the water company let us know before renting that cement mixer machine. Oh well. I think I'm going to call water company again to ask them to let us know next time the water is going to be shut off so that I wud not be doing laundry, etc during that time. Maybe that's just Oklahoma? Any other states have same problems, anyone?

Peachy Lady said:
Nope, the water company never told us they were going to shut off water and they didn't tell our neighbor either! When we called water company, they said yeah they knew they were going to shut it off for awhile to fix something. Geez! My family and I moved to a town near Tulsa. We like living near big city, but still in a small, quiet town. The new house we live in now is much nicer than the old one. Pls PM me when you are ready to come visit me...smile!
Crikey...i guess Oklahoma got bad manners, no respect! I wonder if other states have the same problem? I talked to the lady down the road and she told me one time, she was COLORING HER HAIR and they TURNED THE WATER OFF IN THE MIDDLE OF HER HAIR COLORING!!!! OH she was soooo pissed off!! now thats WORSE!! i asked what did she have to do since she couldnt rinse it off, she said she had to go in town which is 8 miles from here to her daugter's house to finish the job but it kinda mess up her color process, it made her hair color a little darker than she liked it....what a freakin bad luck, poor thing. Her situation was worse than mine..heh!
Ok peachylady, I will PM you when i get ready to go visit you since now im officially retired. ;)

Sorry for going off-topic (Forgive me please) ;)

Defee, Do you live in Oklahoma?

Geeze, I can't believe they didn't give you any notice before turning the water off, you should be able to get a discount on your bill for that, I've had no problem with my water since they did given me a notice to let me know if they were going to turn off the water due to some sort of repairing....I don't blame you one bit for being upset, I think I would have too heh....

Kick their butts :booty: Defee, maybe they wouldn't mess with you again! :thumb:

Back