GRRR!! @#$**!@&*!! gotta vent..

Cheri said:
Sorry for going off-topic (Forgive me please) ;)

Defee, Do you live in Oklahoma?
Yes, i live in dusty ole Oklahoma...lol!

^Angel^ said:
Geeze, I can't believe they didn't give you any notice before turning the water off, you should be able to get a discount on your bill for that, I've had no problem with my water since they did given me a notice to let me know if they were going to turn off the water due to some sort of repairing....I don't blame you one bit for being upset, I think I would have too heh....

Kick their butts :booty: Defee, maybe they wouldn't mess with you again! :thumb:
No, If i could find them stupid country hicks, Id shoot their sorry azzes!! :rl:

Defee said:
Yes, i live in dusty ole Oklahoma...lol!

Awwww Darn it! We could have met already, I was in Oklahoma in June, and met Peachlady, her family and Tekkmortal. ;) Hope I get to meet you next time. :dance2:

Cheri said:
Awwww Darn it! We could have met already, I was in Oklahoma in June, and met Peachlady, her family and Tekkmortal. ;) Hope I get to meet you next time. :dance2:
Awww rats! missed you in June! well, thats ok, we will try again ok..
we are still gonna move to New York but still unknown when though...cuz of
my husband has not retired yet from Federal Government.

Poor Defee! Hope you don't get caught by surprise like that again! :shock:

Cheri said:
Oh that gotta suck for you, I have gotten noticed when the city had to shut off our water due to repair, But I am so surprised that they didn't even bother to give you a note by the door to let you know. I don't blame you for being upset. :hug: You poor thing. :(

True, I was surprised after read the whole thread here because the company must inform people before they shut the water off due repair. I say nothing because I thought US culture is different as Germany until you post here for a first time. Yes, it would be nicer to inform Defee before they turn the water off.

We received a letter from Utility company once let us know when they will turn the water off due repair for all the day from 7.30 am. We prepared to get plenty of water into 3 bucket one day before the water has to shut. We added water from bucket into electricity kettle to boil for the wash our faces & body and wash dishes, make coffee, etc. etc. We get up 7.am for go to toilet before they shut the water off... It was once at 10 years ago.

Defee, I would suggest you to check with Utility company where they turn the water off to find out the reason why they didn't inform you before. I would do that when I were you because I don't like "unexpect" (see the example of Peachy Lady's post over cement mixer machine and also other posts, too... I think it's pain wrong to turn water off without inform you. I can image how upset you are. I would do the same when I were you.. :(

The other day I was watching TV and the next thing I knew the cable was shut off. HUH?? I look out the door yea sure enough the guys were working on something with the cable. But it didnt last long about 2 minutes and it came back on. Oh brother

Well to be honest.... Defee.. you are lucky to have your water back on.. and some of you guys have something turn back on after they fixed.. without notice... but turn back on in couple hours..

well, since my man have no income .. was on medical leave for nearly 3 months.. I went to public assistance to see if they could help some with bills and have our electric/gas shut off warning.. they processed the case.. (june 20, 2005)... I waited and waited.. one month passed.. Umm.. I called back and they said they have not reviewed our case yet... I said, what about our elec/gas.. they said they are working on it.. *sigh*... I put all my best to think positive and faith..

days and days.. till last monday July 25... it was so hot and humid... around at 4pm... elec/gas went off... I saw the man walked away and got in the car.. I tried to catch him but he just went off.. (its normal to avoid angry or frustrated resident)... I said myself.. why now? at this time at 4 pm.. most places are close around 5pm.. so I went some place to see if i could get some help.. no luck.. I came home.. in tears... it was so hot and humid.. my man left with upset.. we didnt talk at all at this point... (that time he have new job only 1 1/2 week)... I looked up.. I said.. Oh God.. what should I do.. its so hot.. will be nice to send some *cool*.. in about 20 min later.. cool swept through then cold.. I looked up.. OH ok, You are really watching down here.. but I didnt ask for COLD.. lol.. somehow i felt something funny that i should call... so I decided to call landlord .. asked him to see if i could take out our depoist money and cover the bill.. the landlord was upset..& said hey next time if you have disconnect notice or something please let me know.. and no problem.. he called the elec/gas to turn back on and paid the bill.. wow... very nice but.. they wont turn it back on till next day around 3pm..
i lit candles very carefully.. and tried to stay outside till pitch dark.. kids worn out and went bed without hassle.. its so nice!!... I took out the scrapbookings.. and set candles around on the table.. to work on.. with so peaceful!..
I thought, we should leave that elec/gas shut off... LOL.. hehe..
I know its sucks.. some companies are really boardhead or rude..
but they do their jobs.. *sigh*...

MsGiglz,

*Speechless* That was so kind and sweet what your landlord done for you. It shows that he has a good heart. Lucky you really because I have a careless landlord. He wouldn't go a mile to help me out at any rate as possible. I do know this.

It does look nice with candles when there is no electricity. I have done that before when we had our power lines down due from thundering. It was down for at least a week and we were out of electricity for a week. Even at that time it was humid outside and we were so darn hot, the fire department had came over and open the hydrant so the children from the city limit can play in the water to keep themselves cool. It was nice of them to do that.

MsGiglz said:
Well to be honest.... Defee.. you are lucky to have your water back on.. and some of you guys have something turn back on after they fixed.. without notice... but turn back on in couple hours..

well, since my man have no income .. was on medical leave for nearly 3 months.. I went to public assistance to see if they could help some with bills and have our electric/gas shut off warning.. they processed the case.. (june 20, 2005)... I waited and waited.. one month passed.. Umm.. I called back and they said they have not reviewed our case yet... I said, what about our elec/gas.. they said they are working on it.. *sigh*... I put all my best to think positive and faith..

days and days.. till last monday July 25... it was so hot and humid... around at 4pm... elec/gas went off... I saw the man walked away and got in the car.. I tried to catch him but he just went off.. (its normal to avoid angry or frustrated resident)... I said myself.. why now? at this time at 4 pm.. most places are close around 5pm.. so I went some place to see if i could get some help.. no luck.. I came home.. in tears... it was so hot and humid.. my man left with upset.. we didnt talk at all at this point... (that time he have new job only 1 1/2 week)... I looked up.. I said.. Oh God.. what should I do.. its so hot.. will be nice to send some *cool*.. in about 20 min later.. cool swept through then cold.. I looked up.. OH ok, You are really watching down here.. but I didnt ask for COLD.. lol.. somehow i felt something funny that i should call... so I decided to call landlord .. asked him to see if i could take out our depoist money and cover the bill.. the landlord was upset..& said hey next time if you have disconnect notice or something please let me know.. and no problem.. he called the elec/gas to turn back on and paid the bill.. wow... very nice but.. they wont turn it back on till next day around 3pm..
i lit candles very carefully.. and tried to stay outside till pitch dark.. kids worn out and went bed without hassle.. its so nice!!... I took out the scrapbookings.. and set candles around on the table.. to work on.. with so peaceful!..
Oh MsGiglz....I feel so bad for you that my situation was nothing compared to your situation! I know mine was nuthin and i should not complain since i had water come back on after 2 hours, and I had electricity too. You had no gas/elec! I ought to be ashamed of myself! *slapping myself* God does listen and answers our prayers cuz i have done the same thing when i get into situations like that and things do get better...I hope you got your gas and electricity back on and things are turning around for you. Does your husband have a new job, right? If he does, Thank God for that too!
Let us know how you and your family doing ok? :hug:

Liebling:-))) said:
True, I was surprised after read the whole thread here because the company must inform people before they shut the water off due repair. I say nothing because I thought US culture is different as Germany until you post here for a first time. Yes, it would be nicer to inform Defee before they turn the water off.

We received a letter from Utility company once let us know when they will turn the water off due repair for all the day from 7.30 am. We prepared to get plenty of water into 3 bucket one day before the water has to shut. We added water from bucket into electricity kettle to boil for the wash our faces & body and wash dishes, make coffee, etc. etc. We get up 7.am for go to toilet before they shut the water off... It was once at 10 years ago.

Defee, I would suggest you to check with Utility company where they turn the water off to find out the reason why they didn't inform you before. I would do that when I were you because I don't like "unexpect" (see the example of Peachy Lady's post over cement mixer machine and also other posts, too... I think it's pain wrong to turn water off without inform you. I can image how upset you are. I would do the same when I were you.. :(
HOly CoW!! Lucky you!! Germany must be a very courteous Country!! they even send you a LETTER to inform you of a water shut off??? NOT FAIR!! LOL!! Wish they would do that here! grrrrrrrr!!
Yeah, Poor peachlady's husband!! that was bad enough..mixing cement then no water!! oooohhh! if my husband was doing that, he would go berserk!! cuz he has temper!! LOL!

RebelGirl said:
Ya can heat the water up on the stove and pour it on you to get soap off of you! :wiggle:

that has never happened to me before but have run out of hot water during the winter time.. ended up taking a cold shower.. it sucked..
yea.. same here i did ..

MsGiglz said:

I can understand how you feel after read this whole thread here after your bad experience with elec./gas shut off for 3 months. Oh dear.. I can image it must be awful/terrible for you. :hug:

For Defee and others, it would be nicer to be inform before they shut utilities off. I also understand them, too.

Oh dear, I can't beleive that Public Assistance do their job tooo slowly to support you & your family... They must have known that your children need water & gas to keep survive.

You're very lucky to have a good Landlord who help you & your children. Public Assistance should be amshamed themselves!!! :mad2:

Interesting, it's very common of Germans lit candles instead of use electricity. We lit the candles everyday for watch on TV relax... We prefer to lit candles than use table or wall lamp because it's romantic atmosphere. (we have table/wall lamps but we didn't use them very much for watch on TV but reading). We cut some electricity budget off bit since new law over electricity tax last year 2004. :( :mad2:

Anyway, how could you & your family survive without use electricity/gas for 3 months? I mean is need water to wash your face or bath to be clean and gas to cook the dinner...

Defee said:
HOly CoW!! Lucky you!! Germany must be a very courteous Country!! they even send you a LETTER to inform you of a water shut off??? NOT FAIR!! LOL!! Wish they would do that here! grrrrrrrr!!
Yeah, Poor peachlady's husband!! that was bad enough..mixing cement then no water!! oooohhh! if my husband was doing that, he would go berserk!! cuz he has temper!! LOL!

Yeah, we have many legal system here in Germany. Germans don't like to be unexpect... example mixing cement etc. They can take Utility company to court to demand the claim for the damages. It's not just Utitity company but more things, that's why we have many legal system that we can follow and respect.

I would suggest you to write a letter to Utility company in friendly way telling them to inform you before they shut the utilities off in the future.

Back