Got a question about appliances

My grandmother had a really long shag in most of the house on top of all this....It was green,yellow and blue. She loved it. She stayed with the colors for at least 20 years.

I think your grandmother and my parents would have liked each other's homes. My parents got shag carpeting also ... :)

Both of our bathrooms will be totally white in tile, paint, sink and toilet. Even the cabinet will be off-white. I will bring in color with the shower curtain, towels and accessories. I will even use removable stickers on the tiles and be able to change the themes.

Sounds nice and I didn't know there were stickers for bathrooms. Sounds like an easy way to make interesting changes whenever you want them. :)

That reminds me of the old Tupperware. Burnt Orange, Avacodo Green and Mustard Yellow. I still have a few pieces. I do enjoy the new stuff though. It's amazing how many changes there have been in my lifetime. Only can imagine what it will be like for our children.

I'm a little confused now about what kind of sink and cook top I want to get. There's so much good and different information on this site. I love reading it all. Now seeing everyone's different opinions I don't know what to get, whatever it is I have to live with it forever. My husband doesn't like changes very much. Took a lot to convince him to get a new kitchen. Hasn't happened yet, but I'm hopping.

That reminds me of the old Tupperware. Burnt Orange, Avacodo Green and Mustard Yellow. I still have a few pieces. I do enjoy the new stuff though. It's amazing how many changes there have been in my lifetime. Only can imagine what it will be like for our children.

I'm a little confused now about what kind of sink and cook top I want to get. There's so much good and different information on this site. I love reading it all. Now seeing everyone's different opinions I don't know what to get, whatever it is I have to live with it forever. My husband doesn't like changes very much. Took a lot to convince him to get a new kitchen. Hasn't happened yet, but I'm hopping.

If you can possibly get a gas stove, that's the best (IMHO, of course). Immediate response, you can control the heat to exactly what you want, and when you turn it off, it's off! Mine is a 4-burner GE, with one burner for low heat for simmer, and one burner on high to bring things to a boil quickly. The other two burners are "normal."

We have a smooth-top at the beach house, and it's ok, but I only got it because gas was not an option. It is easy to keep clean, that is definitely a plus, but it's slower to bring water to a boil, and when you turn the burners off, there is still heat there for several minutes, so there is the possibility of burning or over-cooking something. Doesn't matter for soups or stews, but it does matter for rice or things like that.

Sink: stainless steel. We have a white porcelain sink in VA, and it discolors very quickly. If I had to do it again, I'd definitely go with stainless for my sink.

I'm leaning towards stainless steel sink as our other appliances are the same The new glass electric cook tops (I have to have electric) are said to have made major improvements. The one I'm looking at has a "fast boil" option as well as automatic heat off when turned off. I will look and study consumer reports before I purchase. My husband swears by that magazine. So far, it's never lead us wrong. Right now the only thibg i have to worry about in the kitchen is to get the remodel started.

Both of our bathrooms will be totally white in tile, paint, sink and toilet. Even the cabinet will be off-white. I will bring in color with the shower curtain, towels and accessories. I will even use removable stickers on the tiles and be able to change the themes.

The gal that lived under me in the apartment house I mentioned with some pink bathrooms used stickers back in the 1980's. She didn't care for pink and they kiinda broke it up. I moved down after she took a job in another state and moved out and I did take them off. They cleaned up just fine.

Sounds nice and I didn't know there were stickers for bathrooms. Sounds like an easy way to make interesting changes whenever you want them. :)

I have seen some removable vinyl stickers that are designed for kitchens and baths. Those are what I will be using. First off, mother & son's bath will have black accents and I am not sure what motif. It's son's choice. The bathroom daughter, hubby & I will share will start our with aqua and tan and have a beach motif.

I've not seen these stickers before. They sound cute. I can't use them here at my house ( textured tile here) but I'm curious to see what they look like. What are they called?

W13623.jpg

KristinaB, what kind of countertop and backsplash will you have?

Tile

Yes I'd like to know also.
We are in that process of picking out counters and back splash.
Hard to decide. Whatever it is I'll have to like it forever...........

Yes I'd like to know also.
We are in that process of picking out counters and back splash.
Hard to decide. Whatever it is I'll have to like it forever...........

Have not chosen yet. I do know that I will have a tile backsplash. We are still up in the air about some things since we just got the loan check today and had to know exactly how much it was. They kept changing the amount. Now that we have that, the contractor can order the windows and I think he said they will be about $850 a piece this next week. (airport regulations and hurricane safe up to Category 4) I know he wants to do something special, but we will be able to talk about it in a few weeks. I will let you know just as soon as I know. I do know they will not be granite and I don't think it will be quartz. HE has also said no to laminate (not that I wanted it, but I was willing to do that if we had to).

I have Silestone quartz countertops, and glass mosaic tile backsplash. I'm very happy with both. Silestone wasn't a DIY project but the backsplash was. TCS is pretty experienced with tile work, and he had a professional mentor he could turn to for questions.

I have Silestone quartz countertops, and glass mosaic tile backsplash. I'm very happy with both. Silestone wasn't a DIY project but the backsplash was. TCS is pretty experienced with tile work, and he had a professional mentor he could turn to for questions.

GREAT product! I have installed many. I have it as well.

Back