God Versus Satan

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is debative issues. Bec we are sooo human of thinking, it is not God's way of gambling. If He gambling our lives, then He is not Holy. Remember, the final days. Hell suppose to be for Satan and demons. We have our choices. This world is not holy, but evil and those who are in Christ will cross over "Jordan River". Christ is our Rock which set in the middle of the river to divide the river for us to cross over to God's Promise Land. Many people chose the other way. Correct, the devil is like a roaring lion to seek to devour. What is the point of the cross? To defeat power of death (spiritual death), hell and sin (that stained us). God left us a choice, either accept His precious gift or rejecting and follow their own way either disbelief or self righteousness. Compare how many people rejected the Lord Jesus Christ, those who have rejecting Christ and died, is already been murder by Satan. Count how many generations since creation. Think about it for a moment.

I have a book that I typed here. It's easier to explain this way, because I believe that Satan is killin' ALOT more and I don't believe that God is the killer or murderer.
When Mary was conceived with Jesus in her womb, the angel told her and Joseph to move to another town - know why ? Because of King Herod commanded his soliders to kill all the first born sons under the age of 2. It wasn't God's doin'. It was Satan's doin' of killin' them. How many were the first born sons killed ?
Satan got nothing on God.
God kills all the firstborn Egyptian children. 500,000
At midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon. Exodus 12:29

Taking the Egyptian population as 3 million with an average family size of six, that would mean about a half million first born children were killed by God (or the angel sent to do his dirty work).

Not just only that, Satan destroyed Job's family and farm as well. How many of them did Satan destroyed ? Lots of them.
Did you not even read the link I provided? Here I'll copy/paste:
Well I can only find ten, and even these he shares with God, since God allowed him to do it as a part of a bet. I'm talking about the seven sons and three daughters of Job.
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job ... And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters.
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? Then Satan answered the LORD ... put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.
And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house...And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. -- Job 1:1-19

So it seems that both Satan and God share the blame (or the credit) for these killings. (10 people)

CyberRed said:
Not just only that, either -- Satan killed Abel thru Abel's brother Cain.
Scripture please. You know, I can't just take your word for it, I need proof.

There are many more that will tell history about how Satan have destroyed God's people and His creation. Satan HATES God's creation - His Own Image of His people and this world.

I am sooo sure that Satan is the worse murderer than all mankind in history !

God drowns everyone on earth. 30,000,000

And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth. Genesis 7:23

God supposedly drowned the entire human population (except for Noah and his family) in a flood, somewhere around 2400 BCE. Wikipedia estimates the human population in the third millineum BCE to be around 30 million.

More at: here

....and he's supposedly going to do it.. again! Pop quiz, ask yourself how many people are currently alive on this planet. Now ask yourself if god's judgment were to come right now, how many people would die.

The dead would form a line that reaches the moon. Three times over. (Do yourself a favor and calculate the distance from the earth to the moon)

Yes, that's a lot of people to kill. A world class murderer if you ask me. ;)

God never really imprisoned Satan forever. Satan still roams the He still gets people to sin. That's what the Bible says.

If God knows what our life will be like, then why fight it. If we're meant to go to Heaven, then we don't have to be Bible thumpers. If we're meant to go to Hell, then what's the point of Bible thumping... we're going to Hell.

No, we don't have control over our bodies, minds, and hearts. God controls them. He decides who goes to Heaven and Hell.

Therefore, He is gambling with our lives.

You are showing lack of knowledge when it comes to religion.

I already explained this earlier about good action and free will. Search the forum.

However, Maybe God's plan is not to destroy Satan, maybe imprison Satan forever, God did banishes Satan to the place of eternal torment (hell) Bible does NOT specifically say why Satan wasn't destroy maybe saving that for later?

You could say God is testing our daily life, because in the bible it stated that God already knew what our life would be like, it was up to us, to turn our back on the sins, and follow God, or stay the same person and sins from time to time or daily, and follow Satan. We will face judgment for our life that we lead. It's up to us to choose which life we want to lead.

We have control over our own physical bodies, our minds, our hearts, God created mankind and gave us free will to choose good or bad. You could say that God is testing us to see how weak we are, if we take in Satan's temptation, or turn the other cheek.

God provided a way for us to be forgiven by praying to repent our sins. That drove Satan nuts. Satan wants our soul, our body, he doesn't care about us, You have no idea how bad hell is gonna be for you until you enter it.

I couldn't help but notice even you aren't sure what God's plan is. That is just "God" working in mysterious ways.

And you know, if "God"'' worked logically, then he would be easily proven, and then needing "Faith" is meaningless, since all one would need is "Reason" to believe in the existence of God, and to gain entrance into Heaven.

Just think of the consequences of a easily provable "God." Everybody would be going to Heaven, and who wants to go to a non-exclusive Heaven? Wouldn't a crowded eternal Heaven really be Hell? Hell, why have this mortal existence at all, if God was logical, then why not just begin our existence in Heaven?

Therefore God is illogical, and created Man in his own illogical image.

Blessed are the illogical, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

*I* couldn't help but noticed that you don't know a thing or two about God or the Bible....He speaks to us through Scripture, I suggest you to re-read the Bible if you want to know more about God or His plans, you would be surprised to find some answers to your illogical questions Sir...

Have a heavenly day, and keep smiling :)

God never really imprisoned Satan forever. Satan still roams the He still gets people to sin. That's what the Bible says.

If God knows what our life will be like, then why fight it. If we're meant to go to Heaven, then we don't have to be Bible thumpers. If we're meant to go to Hell, then what's the point of Bible thumping... we're going to Hell.

No, we don't have control over our bodies, minds, and hearts. God controls them. He decides who goes to Heaven and Hell.

Therefore, He is gambling with our lives.
Vamp, I do actually agree with your theory about between God and Satan issues. God never did put Satan and demons into hell for million's million's million years as rest! why God allowed Satan and devils ruined the world that way History repeat itself since Adam till now?? that is obviously God never put them into hell. He never will put Satan into hell for entire! what christians's their point??

Like I said, simple that God is Satan, and Satan is God.. becasuse they are same light as for instance God is "light". Satan is an angel of "Light". God is an angel. Satan is an angel. Lucifer is son of morning. Jesus is son of morning.. if christians who saw light of angel, they can't tell which one of angel from satan or God.. I bet you that one of them who jump and annonce that I SAW AN ANGEL OR JESUS LIKE FORM OF LIGHT in public... JESUS might be an angel of LIGHT. Satan can transformed into form of jesus like Jesus christ of man.. but it can't tell it from God or satan.. christians believe God and Satan are spirits, that is their choice.. as for me, I believed God is a man and Satan is a man too without questions nor doubt! an angel is the man since Jesus shew people he was the man among them, not spirit HELLO!

*I* couldn't help but noticed that you don't know a thing or two about God or the Bible....He speaks to us through Scripture, I suggest you to re-read the Bible if you want to know more about God or His plans, you would be surprised to find some answers to your illogical questions Sir...

Have a heavenly day, and keep smiling :)

Your bible is an overwhelming array of hypocrisy and immorality... and you, a christian don't even know your own bible half as well as an average atheist... I can quote bible passages to you all day. I know your own dogma ten times better than you... and you think you have some clue to the "truth?"

When you keep your god delusions to yourself, we won't talk about them. When you make them public, it's fair game to be exposed for the farce that it is. Plain and simple.

And I typed this up while smiling!

Your bible is an overwhelming array of hypocrisy and immorality... and you, a christian don't even know your own bible half as well as an average atheist... I can quote bible passages to you all day. I know your own dogma ten times better than you... and you think you have some clue to the "truth?"

When you keep your god delusions to yourself, we won't talk about them. When you make them public, it's fair game to be exposed for the farce that it is. Plain and simple.

And I typed this up while smiling!

And I'm laughing....;)

And I'm laughing....;)

Ah, women aren't complicated; they're just so completely illogical that they seem complicated.

Well, you fail to bring anything new to the table here, you failed to provide any new insights into the topic and all you can do is laugh?

God must be proud of you.

This is argumentive. Correct, Satan and demon is not in hell now, but will be later, whether believe it or not. Many "philosophers" think they know the Bible, but yet, do not understand the point of the Scriptures. Even think it's contradicitons, like on other threads as those claiming so we point out what it meant of the scriptures, yet still looking for more and say, ok, what about this, and we point out again, oh, see, how stubborn christians are, the question is, are we? we are stubborn to stick with our faith and not fall into human philosphies and thinking it is a facts, which is not. It's been going on for thousands of years.Spirit of God will enlighten those who honestly seek His ways and He will reveal to those who honestly seek Him, not how we live, but how we have desire for Him to show what went wrong of "my" life, not others. God dealing personal life first. Many, many, include alot of christians hasn't.

This is argumentive. Correct, Satan and demon is not in hell now, but will be later, whether believe it or not. Many "philosophers" think they know the Bible, but yet, do not understand the point of the Scriptures. Even think it's contradicitons, like on other threads as those claiming so we point out what it meant of the scriptures, yet still looking for more and say, ok, what about this, and we point out again, oh, see, how stubborn christians are, the question is, are we? we are stubborn to stick with our faith and not fall into human philosphies and thinking it is a facts, which is not. It's been going on for thousands of years.Spirit of God will enlighten those who honestly seek His ways and He will reveal to those who honestly seek Him, not how we live, but how we have desire for Him to show what went wrong of "my" life, not others. God dealing personal life first. Many, many, include alot of christians hasn't.

People who accept religion as a matter of faith are conditioned to accepting words as truth without having to examine any form of proof. Critical thinking isn’t part of the evaluation process. They are conditioned to believe in people, particularly authority figures real or imagined, NOT in evidence or facts. Once they’ve put their trust into the person delivering the words they will believe anything that comes out of that person’s mouth no matter how ridiculous, contradictory, or illogical it sounds. These people who are trusted by religious people wield a great deal of personal power.

Accepting religion DEMANDS that you BELIEVE certain things to be true that you wouldn’t under other conditions. Once a person is comfortable foregoing common sense, they become susceptible to anyone who can identify and exploit that one little flaw in that person’s logic.

Most people were raised religious so the saddest thing is you CANNOT reason those people OUT of position that they did not REASON themselves into.

No, God does not control us, he gave us free will to decide which path we follow the good or bad, he decide our fate when we DIE/ON JUDGMENT DAY not during the time we are living life on earth.

Supposedly you want to murder someone, You think God controlled your body, your mind to have you murder someone? No, your mind, your physical body told you to murder someone, and If you done the deed that means you choose to do bad period.

christlovedeaf said:
Correct, Satan and demon is not in hell now, but will be later

What do you mean Satan is not in hell now? From what I've been reading, it stated that God threw Satan in eternal torment, the lake of fire, while Satan still roam on earth, trying to tempted us to do bad. Show me where it stated that Satan is not in hell or was never thrown in the lake of fire?

xentar said:
People who accept religion as a matter of faith are conditioned to accepting words as truth without having to examine any form of proof.

What proof do you have? Have you ever seen hell and heaven? Have you ever seen Jesus or God? You don't have no proof, You only examine based on what you think, and what your mind is telling you. ;)

Well, you fail to bring anything new to the table here, you failed to provide any new insights into the topic and all you can do is laugh?

And you failed to provide facts too, You only told us what you think, Why should I trust you? You could be evil for all I know. I rather to follow someone who die for me, than following someone who has a running mouth like yourself. ;)

What proof do you have? Have you ever seen hell and heaven? Have you ever seen Jesus or God? You don't have no proof,
God doesn't exist, but science does. ;)

Just because something can't be proven to exist doesn't mean it has to exist in the first place. No one's been able to disprove The Flying Spaghetti Monster either. What proof do you have for this? None. ;)

You only examine based on what you think, and what your mind is telling you. ;)
In my view if a person substitutes the "inner voice of God" for rational thought and logical understanding then they are likely to make less than optimal decisions. In short the person is saying, "I won't take the time to educate myself, or think through this decision, I am going to place it in God's hands".

When that applies only to themselves I don't have a problem with it. Whom am I to say what is optimal and sub-optimal for them.

But when they have influence or power in my community and society and their sub-optimal decisions affect me directly, I have a big problem with it.

How do you have a rational argument with someone who has made a deicision based on God speaking to them? I rather trust my mind based on rational thinking. ;)

And you failed to provide facts too, You only told us what you think, Why should I trust you? You could be evil for all I know. I rather to follow someone who die for me, than following someone who has a running mouth like yourself. ;)
And I have faith that there are multi-tentacled purple people on Pluto...no proof is necessary, right? ;)

God doesn't exist, but ..........

What proof do you have ON this?..:ugh3:

Just because something can't be proven to exist doesn't mean it has to exist in the first place.

Maybe you're not looking in the right place..

I rather trust my mind based on rational thinking.

You suppose to look in your heart not your mind...

And I have faith that there are multi-tentacled purple people on Pluto...no proof is necessary, right? ;)

hmmm you must be watching too much Barney on TV :dunno:

God doesn't exist, but science does. ;)

Just because something can't be proven to exist doesn't mean it has to exist in the first place. No one's been able to disprove The Flying Spaghetti Monster either. What proof do you have for this? None. ;)

What proof do I have? It's an easy question, my answer would be the holy bible. ;) Those writers lived centuries time ago would know what happened during those times, we don't. Sure, science does exist but they're not always right, but how can science prove that super-natural such as God with so much powers do not exist? Science statements does not always get to be labeled “the truth.” You should know that. ;)

How do you have a rational argument with someone who has made a deicision based on God speaking to them? I rather trust my mind based on rational thinking. ;)

Well, God never spoke to me, it doesn't mean I shouldn't have faith in God, I supposed some Christians had heard God's voice, because I supposed the more they study and memorized the scriptures, I guess they will get that gift. :dunno: As I read that some people have heard the voice of God. I never had that chance or experienced it, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't trust the bible and it's history as the truth or the fact of life. ;)

What proof do you have ON this?..:ugh3:
Maybe you're not looking in the right place..
You suppose to look in your heart not your mind...
hmmm you must be watching too much Barney on TV :dunno:

Try thinking for yourself. Just because some clown wears a red beanie doesn't mean he knows any more about God than you do. Organized religion is for those who want others to do their thinking for them.

Belief in God is merely the agnostic belief there is something else out there. Religion is when you take that idea and make it six thousand pages long and full of man made holy laws.

In a few hundred years, these wil be looked back as the christian mythology era. Look at the greeks..everyone was so sure there were gods for everything.

What proof do I have? It's an easy question, my answer would be the holy bible. ;) Those writers lived centuries time ago would know what happened during those times, we don't.
The Bible is a collection of parables passed down through generations. It is a book, written by human beings.

Ever play that game where you have a bunch of people in line, and whisper a story to one person on one end and let that person whisper it down the line? God may've been that first person, but the rest have been human beings. Each with their own human qualities, interests, agendas. Imagine how warped the "word of God" has become. Relying on the Bible as the written word of a "god" is fallacy.

Sure, science does exist but they're not always right, but how can science prove that super-natural such as God with so much powers do not exist? Science statements does not always get to be labeled “the truth.” You should know that. ;)
Science exists, but it doesn't manifest itself into a "this is science, we're right, and you're wrong" Hell, you might want to figure out what a theory actually is in a scientific context.

Theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In scientific usage, a theory does not mean an unsubstantiated guess or hunch, as it often does in other contexts. A theory is a logically self-consistent model or framework for describing the behavior of a related set of natural or social phenomena..."

Crazy Person said:
Well, The Flying Pink Elephant never spoke to me, it doesn't mean I shouldn't have faith in The Flying Pink Elephant, I supposed some dumbo had heard The Flying Pink Elephant's voice, because I supposed the more they study and memorized the scriptures, I guess they will get that gift. :dunno: As I read that some people have heard the voice of The Flying Pink Elephant. I never had that chance or experienced it, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't trust the bible and it's history as the truth or the fact of life. ;)
That sounds crazy doesn't it? Now replace Flying Pink Elephant with God and you see what I see. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back