God Versus Satan

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha...everyone create God or Satan in their mind..... no such thing like that..... Bible were made by Man,,, therefore Satan is created by Man...to put people in fear...
Yep!

Often, "supernatural beings" are created to put the population under control.

It's like the Greek and Romany gods. Without those gods, the people are out of control. If a person was smart enough to understand how Earth worked, they could create believable mythology.

*thinking* "Oh, a solar eclipse is about to happen!"

*yelling* "Hey everyone, if you don't stop fighting... the sun god is going to leave!"

*solar eclipse happens; sky goes dark*

*everyone stops fighting and panics*

*solar eclipse goes away*

*everyone calms down*

"Okay everyone, let's be friends."

And... peace came throughout the land. :)

So you're saying we do need religion to keep the population under control? I mean... imagine the Atheists going crazy when the gods leave. ;)

So, if I warned you to move cuz God told me that He was going to send a tornado and destroy your whole town... would you listen to me?

If you told me the weatherman said a tornado was coming, I'd consider moving!:run:

My God can beat up your God. He has suber powarz!!! He can fart and wipe a country off the map!!!

God: oops, there went another 3 thounsand people. Shouldn't have ate those chirtos for lunch...

:roll: @ this thread

God and Satan : Truth and Life vs. Lies and Murder

Jesus says of Satan----" the the prince of the world " --
that " he hath nothing in me " ( John 14:30 KJV ). The Scriptures draw
sharp contrasts between God and Satan that help us better understand
the profound differences between their character, motivations, goals and
actions.

Much of what we learn about Satan is summed up in his name,
which means adversary. Peter calls him " your adversary ( enemy ) the devil " ( 1 Peter 5:8 KJV ). Satan's actions and motivations are those of an enemy. God's character, in contrast, is summarized by the word love. " God is love, " John tells us ( 1 John 4:8, 16 KJV ).

In John 8:43-44 Christ says Satan is a murderer and liar. Jesus says of
Himself that He is " the way, the truth, and the life " ( John 14:6 KJV ).
As a liar and murderer, Satan is the exact opposite of " the truth and the life " ( John 14:6 KJV ). Christ is the truth, Satan is a liar. Christ is the life, Satan is a murderer ---one who takes away life.

As we can see, the Scriptures show that Satan is the exact opposite of God
and Jesus Christ in his intents, motivation and character.

Emphasizin' that they are opposites, in 2 Corinthians 6:14-15 Paul asks a
series of questions : .... " for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity ? or what communion hath light with darkness ? And what concord hath Christ with Belial ? " He emphasizes that the ways of Christ and Satan are as opposite as day and night, light and darkness ( compare John 3:19-21; 8:12; Ephesians 6:12 ).

The essence of Christ's character is revealed in His prayer in the Garden of
Gethsemane : " Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me, never-
theless not My will, but Yours, be done " ( Luke 22:42 ). Satan's attitude is diametrically opposite. Rather than submittin' to God's perfect will, he became self-willed and determined to have his way at any cost. That attitude led to his initial rebellion against his Creator as described in Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28. Regrettably, Satan has been remarkably successful at infusin' a me-first, self-willed attitude among all human beings, with the one exception of Jesus, who perfectly resisted him.

We see another stark contrast in Revelation 9:11. Here we read of a
powerful force of attackers that goes forth like scorpions to torment mankind.
" They have over them as king the angel of the abyss: his name in Hebrew is
Abaddon, and in the Greek [tongue] he hath the name Apollyon " ---names
meanin' " destruction " and " destroyer, " respectively.

We might say that Destroyer is his name and destruction is his game. These titles sum up Satan's character, goals and purpose. They summarize the end result of everythin' he strives for --- absolute destruction. If the devil can't have it all, as he is beginnin' to realize at the point in history described here, his intent is to destroy it all.

Again we see a major contrast. Compare Satan, the destroyer, with God, whose greatest attribute is that He is the great Creator. God is the one who creates, builds, makes and gives us so many beautiful and wonderful things. Satan, on the other hand, is the ultimate destroyer.

What does he destroy ? He ruins basically everythin' he can get his hands on.
Read Revelation 9 and Revelation 12:7-12. Everywhere he is mentioned,
Satan is destroyin' -- tryin' to murder God's people, fightin' Jesus Christ,
lashin' out in anger because he knows his time is almost up.

Even after losin' the war, and bein' restrained for 1,000 years, has he learned
his lesson ? Far from it. In Revelation 20:7-10 we read that when he is released he will go out to deceive the nations again and bring them to battle against Jerusalem. But he and those who follow him are defeated. Finally he is permanently constrained and can no longer influence mankind. All his efforts are brought to nothin'.

Eventually every destructive thing Satan has tried to achieve throughout history will be reversed and defeated, and all that God has set out to achieve will be accomplished.This is made clear in the Scriptures. God has complete control over His creation, and Satan can do no more than God allows. :)

God and Satan : Truth and Life vs. Lies and Murder

Since you copy/pasted this directly from the booklet "Is there really a devil?" (source)

I'll do some copying/pasting as well:

Who has killed more, Satan or God?

I counted the number of people that were killed by God in the Bible. I came up with 2,270,365, which, of course, greatly underestimates God's total death toll, since it only includes those killings for which specific numbers are given. No attempt was made to include the victims of Noah's flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, or the many plagues, famines, fiery serpents, etc., with which the good book is filled. Still, 2 million is a respectable number even for world class killers.

But how does this compare with Satan? How many did he kill in the Bible?

Well I can only find ten, and even these he shares with God, since God allowed him to do it as a part of a bet.

killings
God 2,270,365+
Satan 10

Source

For a detailed breakdown of all the people that God killed compared to Satan where Satan still only killed 10 compared to the 'estimated' 32.9 million check this out.

This thread remind me of JW people where I went school with and involve with them in the past.

They often said:

It's Satan who get the people to kill each other and expose them into criminal, etc.

I asked:

Why can't God stop Satan to destory the people's soul and mind?

They answer:

God want to test people either they faith God or not that's why he let Satan rule the earth.

I said "Oh" and said:

It could be that Satan influence Religion authors to write the bibles to expose the people to become different beliefs like this?

They answer:

Unfortunlately yes, :( and said that it's sad that the people worship different beliefs which is not right after beleive what the bible says.

I said:

Also JW too?

They said:

No, their bible is true and other bibles are false...

What's this?

Since you copy/pasted this directly from the booklet "Is there really a devil?" (source)

I'll do some copying/pasting as well:

Who has killed more, Satan or God?

I counted the number of people that were killed by God in the Bible. I came up with 2,270,365, which, of course, greatly underestimates God's total death toll, since it only includes those killings for which specific numbers are given. No attempt was made to include the victims of Noah's flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, or the many plagues, famines, fiery serpents, etc., with which the good book is filled. Still, 2 million is a respectable number even for world class killers.

But how does this compare with Satan? How many did he kill in the Bible?

Well I can only find ten, and even these he shares with God, since God allowed him to do it as a part of a bet.

killings
God 2,270,365+
Satan 10

Source

For a detailed breakdown of all the people that God killed compared to Satan where Satan still only killed 10 compared to the 'estimated' 32.9 million check this out.

I have a book that I typed here. It's easier to explain this way, because I believe that Satan is killin' ALOT more and I don't believe that God is the killer or murderer.
When Mary was conceived with Jesus in her womb, the angel told her and Joseph to move to another town - know why ? Because of King Herod commanded his soliders to kill all the first born sons under the age of 2. It wasn't God's doin'. It was Satan's doin' of killin' them. How many were the first born sons killed ?

Not just only that, Satan destroyed Job's family and farm as well. How many of them did Satan destroyed ? Lots of them.

Not just only that, either -- Satan killed Abel thru Abel's brother Cain.

There are many more that will tell history about how Satan have destroyed God's people and His creation. Satan HATES God's creation - His Own Image of His people and this world.

I am sooo sure that Satan is the worse murderer than all mankind in history !

Simple question:

Why God let Satan rule the earth?

Simple question:

Simple answers : God created mankind to be like Him to rule - have dominion - over His creation. To learn to properly exercise such a level of responsibility, man/and woman must first learn how to discern right from wrong, good from bad and the wise from the foolish. Learnin' real wisdom involves learnin' how to make wise choices. From the beginnin' God pointed out the right way, but He allowed humans to be exposed to and make foolish choices.
God allowed Satan, the epitome of evil, to enter the Garden of Eden and discuss his view of life with Adam and Eve. They then had to make a choice. They chose to follow Satan rather than God. Satan's tragic delusion of mankind has been the result.
However, when Jesus Christ returns to earth, God will remove the delusion of Satan. God then will begin, on a grand scale, the process of reversin' the damage Satan has done. Eventually none of the devil's influence will remain.
God is in control, but He has allowed Satan to dominate humanity for 2 basic reasons. First, Adam and Eve, our first parents, chose Satan's domination over them. Second, God wants all of humanity to learn that " the way of man is not in himself, it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. " ( Jeremiah 10:23 KJV )

Simple question:

:werd:

If God is so powerful, why can't he destroy Satan? Why does he let Satan ruin the hearts and minds of the humans on Earth?

No... "He is testing us." is not an appropriate answer.

By testing us, God is gambling with our lives. :nono:

:werd:

If God is so powerful, why can't he destroy Satan? Why does he let Satan ruin the hearts and minds of the humans on Earth?

By testing us, God is gambling with our lives. :nono:

*nodding agreement* you find good word... gambling with us & our lives... test either we faith him or not... gambling......mmmhhh :hmm:

VamPyroX said:

By testing us, God is gambling with our lives.

However, Maybe God's plan is not to destroy Satan, maybe imprison Satan forever, God did banishes Satan to the place of eternal torment (hell) Bible does NOT specifically say why Satan wasn't destroy maybe saving that for later?

You could say God is testing our daily life, because in the bible it stated that God already knew what our life would be like, it was up to us, to turn our back on the sins, and follow God, or stay the same person and sins from time to time or daily, and follow Satan. We will face judgment for our life that we lead. It's up to us to choose which life we want to lead.

We have control over our own physical bodies, our minds, our hearts, God created mankind and gave us free will to choose good or bad. You could say that God is testing us to see how weak we are, if we take in Satan's temptation, or turn the other cheek.

God provided a way for us to be forgiven by praying to repent our sins. That drove Satan nuts. Satan wants our soul, our body, he doesn't care about us, You have no idea how bad hell is gonna be for you until you enter it.

This description is an exactly what I received from JW people where I was involved in the past.

Liebling said:

What do you think Liebling? God did created Lucifer (an angel) but then Lucifer wants to change things he became an enemy to God. Before Lucifer was sent to the lake of fire, his name was change to Satan, There's a struggle there between the two kingdoms (God's and Satan's.) When God created Adam his first image of man human, Adam had to choose between good (ever lasting life on earth, good health, love, sinless) or bad (sin, evil, and death) Satan's desire is to ruin every human being on the face of earth. Adam and Eve who was tricked by Satan choose Satan's temptation. God did gave Adam and Eve free will, they choose the bad instead of the good. After Adam and Eve's screwed up the whole world became in chaos.

We have two kingdoms, either enter God's world or enter Satan's world the choice is yours. ;)

However, Maybe God's plan is not to destroy Satan, maybe imprison Satan forever, God did banishes Satan to the place of eternal torment (hell) Bible does NOT specifically say why Satan wasn't destroy maybe saving that for later?

You could say God is testing our daily life, because in the bible it stated that God already knew what our life would be like, it was up to us, to turn our back on the sins, and follow God, or stay the same person and sins from time to time or daily, and follow Satan. We will face judgment for our life that we lead. It's up to us to choose which life we want to lead.

We have control over our own physical bodies, our minds, our hearts, God created mankind and gave us free will to choose good or bad. You could say that God is testing us to see how weak we are, if we take in Satan's temptation, or turn the other cheek.

God provided a way for us to be forgiven by praying to repent our sins. That drove Satan nuts. Satan wants our soul, our body, he doesn't care about us, You have no idea how bad hell is gonna be for you until you enter it.
God never really imprisoned Satan forever. Satan still roams the He still gets people to sin. That's what the Bible says.

If God knows what our life will be like, then why fight it. If we're meant to go to Heaven, then we don't have to be Bible thumpers. If we're meant to go to Hell, then what's the point of Bible thumping... we're going to Hell.

No, we don't have control over our bodies, minds, and hearts. God controls them. He decides who goes to Heaven and Hell.

Therefore, He is gambling with our lives.

V,

You are just like Thomas. :lol: A doubter without a faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back