Global Warming

Reba said:
I guess the Martians need to down-size those gas-guzzling SUVs they use.

LOL :)

Reba said:
I guess the Martians need to down-size those gas-guzzling SUVs they use.
Reba is right. Thats another thing,,,I support taxes on SUVs why dont they pay for road and bridges repairs? Like i support anyone buys a small ecomincal car would get a tax break that must weigh under 3500 LBS. Anything more over 3500 LBS you pay taxes on it. And Small Cars are exception from emissions so that way that would encourage people buy small cars.

ravensteve1961 said:
Reba is right. Thats another thing,,,I support taxes on SUVs why dont they pay for road and bridges repairs?
Sorry, but I don't support extra taxes on SUVs. I need my SUV. The small economy cars can't carry the people and supplies that I transport. I already pay about $250/year taxes on my SUV.

Well pay an extra $250 reba. SUVs are gas guzzlers wasting gas cause gas prices to go up. Even heard supply and demand? The more you keep on gassing up those SUVs the more they keep on raising prices. So i id like to see a total $750 a year you pay in SUV tax, Then When you buy one thats $2,500 extra in sales tax on SUVs. That would go towards roads and bridges. And Cut the gas tax down 20 cents a gallon. And ordinary people can afford to gas up their ordinary cars again.

ravensteve1961 said:
Well pay an extra $250 reba. SUVs are gas guzzlers wasting gas cause gas prices to go up. Even heard supply and demand? The more you keep on gassing up those SUVs the more they keep on raising prices. So i id like to see a total $750 a year you pay in SUV tax, Then When you buy one thats $2,500 extra in sales tax on SUVs. That would go towards roads and bridges. And Cut the gas tax down 20 cents a gallon. And ordinary people can afford to gas up their ordinary cars again.
I am an "ordinary" person myself.

Do some math. If a gas-guzzler uses more gallons of gas, the SUV owner actually already pays more gas taxes than the economy car driver. The gas taxes pay for the roads.

Small cars are a nice idea. I like small cars. In the past I owned small cars (VW Beetle, 914 Porsche, Chevy Vega GT, Opal Kadette) but right now I need a large car. We used to have a truck and a car. We downsized to one vehicle, the SUV, so it can do the job of a truck and a car. I would love to have a Mini Cooper, but it just is not adequate for our personal and business needs.

You remember when Reagan said trees give off more pollution than our factories?

Beowulf said:
You remember when Reagan said trees give off more pollution than our factories?
ravensteve will believe anything what republican-presidents said. If one of them said that we can sue God, ravensteve would believe him/her.

Seriously, Reagan is a incredible dumbass when he said that. Trees were always here for many, many years... far older than humans, our world would be more pollution than nowaday if trees does 'pollute' our air. Good thing that majority of world don't believe Reagan and his retarded statement. Like what Albert Einstein said: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." That quote is perfect for people like Reagan.

And for me too. I am trying not to get disheartened by the seeming lack of interest in our lives.
There is so much going on around us that raises alarms bells in my mind.
Perhaps I am going about this the wrong way.
Just relax, be happy, and all that jazz.
But the thing is, I CANNOT do that.
No doubt I will be branded a paranoid conspiracist for that, chuckle.

I am not afraid of buzzwords like those.
What I am afraid of is that we ACTUALLY won't care any more.
Do not let that happen.

Beowulf said:
And for me too. I am trying not to get disheartened by the seeming lack of interest in our lives.
There is so much going on around us that raises alarms bells in my mind.
Perhaps I am going about this the wrong way.
Just relax, be happy, and all that jazz.
But the thing is, I CANNOT do that.
No doubt I will be branded a paranoid conspiracist for that, chuckle.
Yeah. I know what you mean.

Beowulf said:
What I am afraid of is that we ACTUALLY won't care any more.
Do not let that happen.
It won't. Evidence everywhere show that there are an increasing number of organizations, clubs, groups, associations, coalitions, etc, that related to environment all around the world which fights and/or rally against Religious Right/Neoconservatives. There is also an increasing number of people who seek free-thinking philosophy joining these organizations and such. The effect is right there, I already sent you a pm sometimes ago about one magazine, it mentioned several things about that. These numbers of organizations and people are actucally growing. In one of my topics, there will be New Europe which will goes against everything what America (only under Neoconservatives' control) stands. Example, boosting the human rights, restricts these polluters, alternative fuel rules, etc etc... New Europe are starting to do that ever since 2000. When Bush visited Blair sometimes ago and at least 80% of europeans were very angry and rally against him included threatened to assassinate him. That is not only New Europe but other countries are starting to follow New Europe's step as well. That said all. It will not happen period.

I think you need to look into these magazine a bit that I recommended you a while ago... the effect is right there. There are several articles that published by europeans. Check this topic: How the U.S. Became the World's Dispensable Nation. Approx 150,000,000 of americans someday will follow New Europe's steps, it is just a matter of time. All they need to do is: stop disagreeing with each others' beliefs & opinions and work together or unite, once they did... Neoconservatives will be out of power permanently since our numbers are more vast than them. Unity is the key.

Why did I mentioned about New Europe and neoconservatives in this topic because of Tony Blair and his stubborn about Kyoto Treaty. I believe he is the chairman of Kyoto Protocol... He knows something wrong with climate based on large numbers of evidences. Just that Bush and his oil pals refused to take the action about Climate issues. These people can alter the statistics to support their 'actions' but they cannot hide the reality -- side effects of these oil industries and such.

I will pm you about other magazines which mentioned lot about environment and such. Again, unity is the key. Their numbers are very small when compared to us. As long as we did not become passive when they did that to environment... All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Cheers. People are starting to unite about environment issues lately.

Last edited:
And liberal morons will belive whatever hillary says is true. God,,,If she ever pledges that she will cut taxes you belive her too huh???

ravensteve, as my friend said to some people in the past... there is a water-based engine which can outdrive or on oil-based engine's speed & power (read the article in Popular Science magazine)... however she made a choice for anti-environment people like you... A glass of 8 oz of oil and one other glass of 8 oz of water... which you would pick to drink?

Think about it.

No. Hillary Clinton has zero involvement in this topic. Please stop throwing out her name like it means anything to people who don't vote on party lines. Try again, ravensteve.

Stick to the topic.

All cars that use gas pay the gas tax that goes towards road maintenence and pollution enforcement. SUV's, pickup trucks, and other low MPG rating vehicles pay a lot more tax because they use more gas. Smart move, ravensteve, to have a smaller car for yourself. Save yourself a buck or two.

It doesn't mean that everyone else should have to pay more registration fees. The only thing registration does for us is to make sure your car is in compliance with the law. It's not illegal to have an SUV, so there's no sense in paying more to register it.

Dennis, I hate SUV so my information can be somewhat biased but I would think that SUV industries ditched some taxes that related to pollution enforcement due to loopholes that they found and 'abused' it?

Edit: I am not sure where I found this information.. probably from one of posts at different community, not remember where I got this from.

Magatsu said:
ravensteve, as my friend said to some people in the past... there is a water-based engine which can outdrive or on oil-based engine's speed & power (read the article in Popular Science magazine)... however she made a choice for anti-environment people like you... A glass of 8 oz of oil and one other glass of 8 oz of water... which you would pick to drink?

Think about it.
I rather have 8.oz of pure water,,,But why should i have to pay extra taxes on it? I say start making the wealthy pay and i wont make a big deal out of it. But the wealthy arent paying their fair share and its the poor and the middle class being overtaxed.

Magatsu said:
Dennis, I hate SUV

Hate the driver, not the vehicle. An SUV driven by a competent driver is much better to share the road with than an economy or sports car driven by a maniac.

Vehicles that are often purchased as "status symbols" by their drivers to compensate for something really aren't the fault of the cars -- if people wouldn't buy them, people wouldn't make them.

When I moved out here, I wanted to buy a car that would be big enough to carry around the ton of presentation and booth materials I have:

A sedan isn't big enough.
A pickup truck would leave my goods exposed to the elements and theft.
A station wagon wouldn't be safe to drive in areas when it's muddy or snowy.

Therefore an SUV makes complete sense for me to purchase, AND as long as I remember that people may have a hard time seeing around me. I'm a courteous driver, I like it when people respect the road.

Now, regarding taxes that the car manufacturers may have gotten around via loopholes: it's possible. It's also possible that every single vehicle out there has found SOME kind of loophole that fits them to reduce taxes. Some laws say that the H2 (my GOSH I hate that car!) qualifies as a commerical vehicle because it weighs over 2 1/2 tons. I don't know all of them, and I will see if there are any infamous loopholes that were exploited for SUV's in particular RELATED TO THE ENVIRONMENT.

I rather have 8.oz of pure water,,,But why should i have to pay extra taxes on it?

Hey, sure! You don't have to pay ANY MONEY to get your water. You can drink the "pure water" from the streams and the rivers in your area! Of course, you may want to boil it first, maybe chlorinate it, or perhaps some reverse osmosis, you know, to kind of get rid of any nasties in it.

Your gracious city of Baltimore has provided you with the SERVICE to get tap water directly to your home. That's what you pay for. What you don't pay for in your monthly bill is the fact that they've cleaned it up for you. The water has to be clean before ANYONE can use it, then you pay for the convenience of it being delivered to you. The public bathrooms, water fountains, sprinklers, etc, are all paid by your tax dollars. Thank you for paying the IRS, ravensteve! Be a proud American!

I say start making the wealthy pay and i wont make a big deal out of it. But the wealthy arent paying their fair share and its the poor and the middle class being overtaxed.

And you call yourself a Republican? Republicans are notorious for wanting the wealthy to be LESS TAXED. Come on, stop flip flopping, Mr. Kerry -- I mean ravensteve!

Yes Im a republican because the democrats arent in my side. Heres what a true democrat should do.
Say youre gonna tax the wealthy AND MEAN IT!!
Say youre gonna pass evoinment responsibilities to the wealthy AND MEAN IT!
Say youre gonna cut taxes for people who are making $50,000 or less AND MEAN IT!
Say youre gonna cut the federal gas tax by 15 cents a gallon AND MEAN IT!

Dont say it doing your election promises and when youre in office to forget about it. Thats why i vote republican because all the dishonesty the democrats do.

Magatsu said:
Dennis, I hate SUV so my information can be somewhat biased but I would think that SUV industries ditched some taxes that related to pollution enforcement due to loopholes that they found and 'abused' it?
I am curious. Since you hate SUVs, if you had to frequently transport six passengers comfortably, and lots of large equipment and supplies (and sometimes tow a trailer) for long distances in heavy traffic, what would YOU drive?

Reba said:
I am curious. Since you hate SUVs, if you had to frequently transport six passengers comfortably, and lots of large equipment and supplies (and sometimes tow a trailer) for long distances in heavy traffic, what would YOU drive?
This Car.
99_1big.jpg

Back