Gay Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's known as 'institutional homosexuality'.

Another words, don't bend over to pick up the soap in the shower when you are in the big house. :giggle:

Not the same thing.

There is a difference between a religiously anctioned union and a legal union. What the GLBT community is demanding is a legal union. That does not interfere with anyone's religious beliefs, as religious belief does not enter into a legal union. If your own personal religious belifs prohibit same-sex partnerships, then don't engage in one. However, one's religious beliefs cannot be imposed on another. Personally, I don't see what the religious objection is, either. What is so immoral about love, committment, and fidelity?

Originally Posted by Chase:
Whether we agree or not laws are changing to allow same-sex unions, and the definition of "marriage" will change, too.

Yupp correct, but doesn't mean we can't definition the varies kinds of marriage around the world other than US which there is already same-sex marriage legalized in other countries. Also, what's more, the state of Massachuetts do allow the same-sex marriage in the USA! So it's more reasonable for us to put the definition of marriage to include the same-sex marriage.

Some anthropologist assert that when an environment becomes closed off or too crowded, many animal species (including humans) within develop same-sex affiliations as one means of natural population control.

Oh really? Doesn't we, the GLBT, did so great job to control the population ratherly than choosing those terrible smoking the cigarettes, aborting the babies, those terrible different ways of control the population, we would rather to have GLBT to take care of that instead of others. Even we can help reducing the numbers of children asking for adoption!

It's the term "gay" that puzzles me, as a "gay marriage" makes me think of an adventuresome couple having fun. Why limit that meaning to same-sex?

Well actually, I believe the governments tend to refer it as "Same-sex" marriage than the "Gay" or "Lesbian" or whatever else marriage as due to its properly word to definite the marriage.

Speaking only for myself, I know for certain you misunderstood nearly everything I wrote. As for others' posts, I suspect you are mostly arguing with yourself.

Speaking only for myself, I know for certain you misunderstood nearly everything I wrote. As for others' posts, I suspect you are mostly arguing with yourself.

What? I don't see any that I am against you in any of my post. Let me explain...

Whether we agree or not laws are changing to allow same-sex unions, and the definition of "marriage" will change, too.

What you just said the definition of "marriage" will change, too.

Yupp correct, but doesn't mean we can't definition the varies kinds of marriage around the world other than US which there is already same-sex marriage legalized in other countries. Also, what's more, the state of Massachuetts do allow the same-sex marriage in the USA! So it's more reasonable for us to put the definition of marriage to include the same-sex marriage.

I replied with the encourage the definition to include the same-sex marriage.

Some anthropologist assert that when an environment becomes closed off or too crowded, many animal species (including humans) within develop same-sex affiliations as one means of natural population control.

Now you are talking about why there is such thing as GLBT because they can be control the population.

Oh really? Doesn't we, the GLBT, did so great job to control the population ratherly than choosing those terrible smoking the cigarettes, aborting the babies, those terrible different ways of control the population, we would rather to have GLBT to take care of that instead of others. Even we can help reducing the numbers of children asking for adoption!

You see, I was impressed by the theory of GLBT as population control.

It's the term "gay" that puzzles me, as a "gay marriage" makes me think of an adventuresome couple having fun. Why limit that meaning to same-sex?

As you stated that calling it as "Gay" marriage puzzled to you.

Well actually, I believe the governments tend to refer it as "Same-sex" marriage than the "Gay" or "Lesbian" or whatever else marriage as due to its properly word to definite the marriage.

You see, I was just letting you know that government use "Same-sex" marriage more than "Gay" marriage.

Now go back to your last reply.

I don't mean to misunderstood, I mean to talk to you about it. What's more, I don't see anything that I was arguing with myself while I was agreeing with everything I just said.

Got it clear?

If you, Christians, won't allow the gay marriage to be legalized, then why do you allow others to believe in different religions?

Don't point your fingers at all Christians when you point fingers then four fingers will be point right back at you. Each Christians have their own mind of their own, I never said that people should allow to have their own religions, God gave us free will to do what we want in life doesn't make it right with God or with us. If you choose that life then that's your business, but don't expect everyone to bow down to your briefs or the choice you choose for your own life. The only person who can judge you is the person from above.

Don't point your fingers at all Christians when you point fingers then four fingers will be point right back at you. Each Christians have their own mind of their own, I never said that people should allow to have their own religions, God gave us free will to do what we want in life doesn't make it right with God or with us. If you choose that life then that's your business, but don't expect everyone to bow down to your briefs or the choice you choose for your own life. The only person who can judge you is the person from above.

Uh?

I don't see ANY of my reply was a judgemental, but asking question to the Christians.

*sigh*

If you, Christians, won't allow the gay marriage to be legalized, then why do you allow others to believe in different religions?

Even through I'm a Christian and I think people would like me if they knew me so well but unfortunately some fear of being rejected because of my beliefs. I do have few good friends that are lesbians/gay, and I happen to be very close to one of them, as she was a bridesmaid at my wedding. I respect my friends' lifestyle, and I do not judge nor criticism them. I love all my friends the same way, no matter what.

I hope this answered your question above PuyoPiyo :) ...

Uh?

I don't see ANY of my reply was a judgemental, but asking question to the Christians.

*sigh*

I did not say anything about you judging, I don't see how you could not understand my post. You claimed that Christians which meaning 'All Christians' accepts other people's religions, when for one I'm a Christian and have never stated that I 'accepted' all those who believes in other 'gods'. I've said I 'respect' those who do not share the same religion as me.

What if I say, Gays are harsh, would you then think I'm speaking of 'all gay people' ? I'm most sure you would.

Just watch what you say.

:)

Uhmm.....remember there are Gay Christians as well.

Yupp I do remember :)

Even through I'm a Christian and I think people would like me if they knew me so well but unfortunately some fear of being rejected because of my beliefs. I do have few good friends that are lesbians/gay, and I happen to be very close to one of them, as she was a bridesmaid at my wedding. I respect my friends' lifestyle, and I do not judge nor criticism them. I love all my friends the same way, no matter what.

I hope this answered your question above PuyoPiyo :) ...

Ahh thank you for the answer :) Now I understand clearly.

I did not say anything about you judging, I don't see how you could not understand my post. You claimed that Christians which meaning 'All Christians' accepts other people's religions, when for one I'm a Christian and have never stated that I 'accepted' all those who believes in other 'gods'. I've said I 'respect' those who do not share the same religion as me.

I see, respect is the important, but sometimes not easy to handle..

What if I say, Gays are harsh, would you then think I'm speaking of 'all gay people' ? I'm most sure you would.

Understandable, speechless. Sorry for my own word that cause misunderstanding.

Just watch what you say.

Allright I will.

I know I am christian and gay, too. DreamDeaf is different reglion and not same as me. We just show our love that we believes in. She is also christian, too.

I support same sex marriage, all about LOVE <33 :D:D

* = not real name

I still remembered, many times, I visited Heather's friend's, *Kim's, house and to see how two mommies raised their three wonderful kids. I learned some things about being open-minded parent, joy, love, and being funny. Dang, I already missed those mommies! I really like them, obviously, they are so cool parent. :D:D

I'm so glad that my best friend led me to meet them. Two mommies are the reason who changed my thought of gay marriage, inculding getting over of homsexuality culture.

It's just a love, not lust. <3

If two people of the same sex want to live together and do whatever it is they do thats fine but IMO same sex marriage should not be legal. That is not what the founders of this country was thinking about when they came over to America. Yes we wanted freedoms (freedom of religion, freedom of speach, freedom to bare arms, etc...) but I seriously doubt they had freedom to marry the same sex in their head when they founded this country. I may be talking old fashion but it's just not natural, if it were natural then God would have made it be possiblre to reproduce with the same sex. Same sex marriage???NO.

If two people of the same sex want to live together and do whatever it is they do thats fine but IMO same sex marriage should not be legal. That is not what the founders of this country was thinking about when they came over to America. Yes we wanted freedoms (freedom of religion, freedom of speach, freedom to bare arms, etc...) but I seriously doubt they had freedom to marry the same sex in their head when they founded this country. I may be talking old fashion but it's just not natural, if it were natural then God would have made it be possiblre to reproduce with the same sex. Same sex marriage???NO.

Then what's your avator is about?

Wildchild is a male. so I hope that clear it up. :giggle:

And...? I didn't see any of WildChild saying only lesbian, but just "same-sex", so I am sure he was talking about both maleXmale and femaleXfemale.

I didn't say that 2 men or 2 women couldn't be together. I just said that I don't believe in same sex marriage. I'm heterosexual but whatever turns you on behind closed doors is your business. But for two people of the same sex to get married, I don't agree.

I didn't say that 2 men or 2 women couldn't be together. I just said that I don't believe in same sex marriage. I'm heterosexual but whatever turns you on behind closed doors is your business. But for two people of the same sex to get married, I don't agree.

Ahh got it clear, thanks for the answer. :)

Why should 2 males or 2 females that have spent their entire adult lives together as partners be denied the benefits of insurance coverage and inheritance of property that a male and a female that have spent fewer years together have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back