Gay Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrdie714

Reaction score
To split the circumcision thread, I went ahead and started this thread.

Yes or No for Gay Marriage?

I am for it, no matter what. Those people who think Gay Marriage is wrong and should be illegal are really OBSIVIOUSLY have NO respect for each other.

I am for it, no matter what. Those people who think Gay Marriage is wrong and should be illegal are really OBSIVIOUSLY have NO respect for each other.

Here is definition of marriage:

American Psychological Association (APA):
marriage. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Retrieved January 08, 2008, from Dictionary.com website: marriage - Definitions from Dictionary.com

mar·riage /ˈmærɪdʒ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mar-ij] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.
2. the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock: a happy marriage.
3. the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of a man and woman to live as husband and wife, including the accompanying social festivities: to officiate at a marriage.
4. a relationship in which two people have pledged themselves to each other in the manner of a husband and wife, without legal sanction: trial marriage; homosexual marriage.
5. any close or intimate association or union: the marriage of words and music in a hit song.
6. a formal agreement between two companies or enterprises to combine operations, resources, etc., for mutual benefit; merger.
7. a blending or matching of different elements or components: The new lipstick is a beautiful marriage of fragrance and texture.
8. Cards. a meld of the king and queen of a suit, as in pinochle. Compare royal marriage.
9. a piece of antique furniture assembled from components of two or more authentic pieces.
10. Obsolete. the formal declaration or contract by which act a man and a woman join in wedlock.

No where does it say that it is a union of man and man or woman and woman.

If two men or women wants to live together, by all means go live together. However marriage as described above only says man and woman.

Here is definition of marriage:

American Psychological Association (APA):
marriage. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Retrieved January 08, 2008, from Dictionary.com website: marriage - Definitions from Dictionary.com

mar·riage /ˈmærɪdʒ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mar-ij] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.
2. the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock: a happy marriage.
3. the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of a man and woman to live as husband and wife, including the accompanying social festivities: to officiate at a marriage.
4. a relationship in which two people have pledged themselves to each other in the manner of a husband and wife, without legal sanction: trial marriage; homosexual marriage.
5. any close or intimate association or union: the marriage of words and music in a hit song.
6. a formal agreement between two companies or enterprises to combine operations, resources, etc., for mutual benefit; merger.
7. a blending or matching of different elements or components: The new lipstick is a beautiful marriage of fragrance and texture.
8. Cards. a meld of the king and queen of a suit, as in pinochle. Compare royal marriage.
9. a piece of antique furniture assembled from components of two or more authentic pieces.
10. Obsolete. the formal declaration or contract by which act a man and a woman join in wedlock.

No where does it say that it is a union of man and man or woman and woman.

If two men or women wants to live together, by all means go live together. However marriage as described above only says man and woman.

I am sorry, but those definitions are too old now. Everyone knows that same-sex can share the love too just like a man and a woman.

I am sorry, but those definitions are too old now. Everyone knows that same-sex can share the love too just like a man and a woman.

Too old? go look, I just got it few min ago. How is that too old?

I didn't say your word is old, I say that the definition whatever you find that from is too old.

I'm with you, this definition is so old but I found other updated one from Merriam-Webster.

mar·riage
1 a (1): the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2): the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage> b: the mutual relation of married persons : wedlock c: the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage
2: an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; especially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities
3: an intimate or close union <the marriage of painting and poetry — J. T. Shawcross>

marriage - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

you all three didn't look very careful after I click the link that SecretBlend provide it. And he may not realize he miss another one. So I found it which it is on the second results of that page.

Shame on all of you. :) Make me want to shot you. heh.

otherwise, marriage not for same-sex, because of the math in my point of view.

Cock fit pussy. ta-da!*

*only one gender's special organic fit to gender's that need to be fitable.

Whether we agree or not laws are changing to allow same-sex unions, and the definition of "marriage" will change, too.

Some anthropologist assert that when an environment becomes closed off or too crowded, many animal species (including humans) within develop same-sex affiliations as one means of natural population control.

It's the term "gay" that puzzles me, as a "gay marriage" makes me think of an adventuresome couple having fun. Why limit that meaning to same-sex?

you all three didn't look very careful after I click the link that SecretBlend provide it. And he may not realize he miss another one. So I found it which it is on the second results of that page.

Shame on all of you. :) Make me want to shot you. heh.

What? gay marriage already EXISTED and I wouldn't believe in the dictionary which only explain for the opposite-sex.

otherwise, marriage not for same-sex, because of the math in my point of view.

Cock fit pussy. ta-da!*

So do the mouth? Do the butthole? Do the fingering? Many ways to do the sex.

*only one gender's special organic fit to gender's that need to be fitable.

Isn't limiting only pussy 'n' cock boring? How about more?

I'm with you, this definition is so old but I found other updated one from Merriam-Webster.

mar·riage
1 a (1): the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2): the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage> b: the mutual relation of married persons : wedlock c: the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage
2: an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; especially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities
3: an intimate or close union <the marriage of painting and poetry — J. T. Shawcross>

marriage - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

That's better! :) Thanks for sharing! ;)

What? gay marriage already EXISTED and I wouldn't believe in the dictionary which only explain for the opposite-sex.

whoa.... you're piss off. You need to be chill out and check the second results which it did mention same-sex. tsk tsk. Shame on you. I should blast the rocket to your house.

So do the mouth? Do the butthole? Do the fingering? Many ways to do the sex.

does mouth make you pregnant? butthole, too? finger?

Isn't limiting only pussy 'n' cock boring? How about more?

I give the specific correct how gender's special to use properly. ta-da

whoa.... you're piss off. You need to be chill out and check the second results which it did mention same-sex. tsk tsk. Shame on you. I should blast the rocket to your house.

How can you explain that as I was pissed off?

does mouth make you pregnant? butthole, too? finger?

Umm haven't you met any of lesbian or gay couples that have children? I have a lesbian woman friend and a gay man friend, they are both best friends and decide to have baby together, the lesbian woman is now pregnanted and still look for a new girlfriend and so do that gay man looking for new boyfriend too. Isn't a two daddies, two mommies a great experience for the children?

I give the specific correct how gender's special to use properly. ta-da

How about that sexual resassignment surgery? Isn't that fantastic?

I'm an advocate for same-sex marriage. I'm straight myself but I have a lot of friends who are in relationships with others of the same-sex and I can see that they're happy. As long as you're happy with whoever you are with, a male or female, then you're entitled to marriage - a lifelong commitment to each other. I'm not going to let a book or a religion, or any thing like that tell me what I should think. Everyone's entitled to the pursuit of happiness like what the Declaration of Independance says.

How can you explain that as I was pissed off?

well, it seem you were incorrect to SecretBend as I understand that person didn't realize on the second result after copy on the first result.

Umm haven't you met any of lesbian or gay couples that have children? I have a lesbian woman friend and a gay man friend, they are both best friends and decide to have baby together, the lesbian woman is now pregnanted and still look for a new girlfriend and so do that gay man looking for new boyfriend too. Isn't a two daddies, two mommies a great experience for the children?

yes, I did. some good and some bad.

How about that sexual resassignment surgery? Isn't that fantastic?

maybe they should turn head to backward to make look like if penis is their tail as it wail happy?

Of course. Call it marriage or civil partnership. Whatever - as long as each group has the same rights. Why not?

GEEZ!!! I will *raise my hand* for YES.

I do believe in man and woman marriage... I am female in man's body and I see my future wife as a woman.

Is that good ?? I have gender to enjoy her.

*sorry I am bad for today*

The problem with marriage is that we allowed the State to dictate who can or can not get married.

Marriage is a religious institution and therefore it should be sanctioned by the church, not the State.

The State should issue civil licenses for both, heterosexual and homosexual couples.

Let the churches decide who should get married and who shouldn't.

At least no one's religious beliefs are being trampled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back