Gallaudet President Announced!!

Mookie said:
Nope, Once she raised as an oralist, she still ignores ASL deafies....

So what? What's wrong with her raised as an oralist? Didn't she evenuntally learn how to sign later? What is wrong with those deaf people who happen to learn how to sign at late age? It's not their fault and I'm sorry if they aren't a big D. It seems like you aren't open minded thats why I called you a bigot.

How do you know if she ignores deaf people who sign in ASL? Let me tell you, you don't know her 100% and I don't either. I'm not here to support her, but I think you need to look in a bigger picture than a small one. I went to England last semester. Not so many british people care much for ASL, they sign in BSL. I had to learn their language in order to communicate with them. ASL is not a universal language and it is not a number one language either. I met a several deaf Europeans who kept telling me that ASL's a gencoide. Even though we are very much similar in deaf pride, but they do not like when their language are being influenced by ASL. They are not happy with it. They called it a genocide because ASL is destorying their naive language and their culture. There was a big convention in Denmark about ASL gencoide. I will find the link for you if you are interested.

Cane Corso said:
So what? What's wrong with her raised as an oralist? Didn't she evenuntally learn how to sign later? What is wrong with those deaf people who happen to learn how to sign at late age? It's not their fault and I'm sorry if they aren't a big D. It seems like you aren't open minded thats why I called you a bigot.

How do you know if she ignores deaf people who sign in ASL? Let me tell you, you don't know her 100% and I don't either. I'm not here to support her, but I think you need to look in a bigger picture than a small one. I went to England last semester. Not so many british people care much for ASL, they sign in BSL. I had to learn their language in order to communicate with them. ASL is not a universal language and it is not a number one language either. I met a several deaf Europeans who kept telling me that ASL's a gencoide. Even though we are very much similar in deaf pride, but they do not like when their language are being influenced by ASL. They are not happy with it. They called it a genocide because ASL is destorying their naive language and their culture. There was a big convention in Denmark about ASL gencoide. I will find the link for you if you are interested.

Cane Corso,

Ready to listen my speech.

hawllo, kale

hew rat yewww? a imm phucked...

Cane Corso said:
What a beautiful speech! You can kiss my ass because I can't.

Sorry, I am married. I am sure that you will find a good gentleman to kiss your ass...

Very recently... I had a good conversation with deaf friend of mine who knew Jane's mother very well..she is deaf but strong oralist image this..Jane's father is judge in Cape Cod in Massachusetts. Jane's mother speak very hassle against of using sign language...it is very bad news! And in additional to make matter much worse..Jane's mother wrote opposing DPN (Deaf President Now) in 1988 insulting this deaf people arent ready to become equality toward hearing people's level in their higher position...Jane's mother had no idea this she is inviting chaos from Deaf Community....Jane's mother will not be hid anymore she will be found and be blame for bring Omen child to Gallaudet Univeristy...it is no gimmick it is no jokes.

:pissed:

BigSpike said:
Very recently... I had a good conversation with deaf friend of mine who knew Jane's mother very well..she is deaf but strong oralist image this..Jane's father is judge in Cape Cod in Massachusetts. Jane's mother speak very hassle against of using sign language...it is very bad news! And in additional to make matter much worse..Jane's mother wrote opposing DPN (Deaf President Now) in 1988 insulting this deaf people arent ready to become equality toward hearing people's level in their higher position...Jane's mother had no idea this she is inviting chaos from Deaf Community....Jane's mother will not be hid anymore she will be found and be blame for bring Omen child to Gallaudet Univeristy...it is no gimmick it is no jokes.

Thanks for updated news....

Hey Cane Corse, Am I right?

How comes you are not at Gally instead of at UA?

BigSpike said:

Thats pretty suck for her! I'm sick of this battle over what language is quite more acceptable than others. Why can't we be happy if there is a language where we can communicate from one person to another? May it be either cued speech, sign lanuage, or oralism.

Mookie said:
Thanks for updated news....

Hey Cane Corse, Am I right?

How comes you are not at Gally instead of at UA?

Why are you interested in that? I already explained my reason in one of those posts. You may search it up if you care enough.

Cane Corso said:
I met a several deaf Europeans who kept telling me that ASL's a gencoide. Even though we are very much similar in deaf pride, but they do not like when their language are being influenced by ASL. They are not happy with it. They called it a genocide because ASL is destorying their naive language and their culture. There was a big convention in Denmark about ASL gencoide. I will find the link for you if you are interested.
Sorry to admit this, but ASL appears well on its way in being the 'lingua franca' of the worldwide Deaf community. A shame, as many SL in other countries are just as deserving and worthy of preservation and continued usage.

BigSpike said:

Is there any sort of documentation showing any of this? Until I see something stating this is fact, I'll write it off as rumours. Not that it would change my opinion of JK either way; I don't think we can blame her for her mother's actions. My family has had their share of conflicts in the past, and I'd hate to think any of that would be used against me in the future.

Eyeth said:
Sorry to admit this, but ASL appears well on its way in being the 'lingua franca' of the worldwide Deaf community. A shame, as many SL in other countries are just as deserving and worthy of preservation and continued usage.

Well don't apology. Deaf Europeans aren't happy to see their SL disappearing. I don't think it is going to be 100% gone. I like some BSL signs better than ASL. I hate the sign for "people" in ASL, it seems to me it follows the SEE sign. In BSL, the sign for people is using your thumb and first finger and make it look like C. Sign it as a person in ASL, but can use either one hand or two hands together. I have nothing to say about that since I already know that ASL is on the way to be the "lingua franca" just like English.

BigSpike said:

This is without a doubt one of the most ridiculous comments I've read !!!!!

I visited Gallaudet during their DPN protest in 1988 and then
I just visited this another protest again today
for a few hours to observe during the protest
discovering that these students will use their tents
for overnights on the campus front gate
to keep their eyes open 24 hours They said anyone
is welcome on the campus except Jane.
They mentioned that they will continue the protest
for another week as long as possible

Not much violence going on.

Their protest seem to be very calm today.

Additionally, Gallaudet will celebrate
their graduation this coming weekend (May 12-13)
This does seem like a wrong time to put the
protest together at the same time
with their Graduation event.
What do you think ?

I asked myself why not just give Jane a chance
and why not ?

For dear god, I hope she is deaf. Please save us for our deaf culture from anti-ASL, worst Galluadet president ever! I love ASL, and I am deaf, too. Anyhow, I don't think she will be best President of Gallaudet.
I think she is an average level that between good to great. I think we will be fine. But if she is hearing, what I do? I don't have to find a job, lack of
an opportunity, lack of deaf culture that is NOT GOOD!
I want keep deaf culture for ours! We are in DEAFWORLD.
I am just kidding, about that-- "Deafworld". I would like to say it. [laughs]

I will wait and see what it happens-- will be good or gone bad? :dunno:

I don't like to see at protests will be crazy, but it's not. They are very calmly.
I hope she will be supporting with deaf and hard-of-hearing people whose are
having the fairly culture for those individuals.

Because theyre too busy with finals and starting their internships to be blowing the horns at the risk of screwing their careers over smoky winds of change. Perhaps it was the announcement cleverly planned to be at the time the students will be too busy with something else than make any time to blow their horns.

Richard

Last edited:
Oh really ? But, I was there talking to someone else
one of the staff members she told me that
Gallaudet President Jordan actually was planning
to send the announcement about the
new President AFTER the graduation, but
these students (SBG) wanted to know
BEFORE the graduation.

That's correct, Y. The students were planning to set up a rally to wait out the committee's announcement after graduation -- that way, they would have NOTHING to do except either celebrate or protest. In this case, the BOT seems to have gambled that having them protest BEFORE finals would be much better than to have an angry, dedicated horde with nothing to lose AFTER finals and commencement.

From what I gather of the whole situation, nothing will happen, Dr. Fernandes will not step down, and students and staff may face backlash from instigating this protest. From what I hear of her reputation, Jane will remember this and will leverage it to make people's lives miserable for the next, oh, I would say, 5 years.

There is NO Wrong between Day School/Residental School for the Deaf between Mainsteam. I think Gallaudet Student are begin stupid and going protest before see how Dr. Jane K. Fernandes can make success for Gallaudet University. Maybe Dr. Jane K. Fernandes can change and begin more social with Gallaudet students. there is no perfect.

I am used to be student at Phoenix Day School for the deaf since 1991 to 2005. i leave PDSD to transfer to Sequoia School for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing on same campus of Arizona Conservatory for the Arts and Academics i am currently mainstream student. there is NONE Wrong with mainsteaming.

If I win the Gallaudet University they protest me i will NOT GOING STEP DOWN like Elisabeth Zinser. I will stay and keep strong in my mind and make it change for gallaudet university.

my options is Dr. Jane K. Fernandes is going to be 9 th president of Gallaudet University PERIOD. i want to see Dr. Jane K. Fernandes' experience with Gallaudet student and more interact.

Back