Forgot to turn off the water?

dang.. smthg is missing forgot to add for the clock should be clockwise.

Sometimes bathroom has overflow in tub, I have found some hair in the stopper cause clogged and overflow. Yikes.

It happened ot my friend... she flooded her second-floor bedroom from her bathroom sink. She went to bed at 1am and woke up at 5am to a wet carpet, two-inchs flood on a tiled bathroom floor and she ran to downstairs to discover her first-floor ceiling to be covered in brown spots and dripping onto her television, computer, and everything.

She rented a "room" from an attached house... and the landlord got angry at her for "neglecting".. and shit hit the fan. A lawsuit was almost brought to the court but the landlord backed off when he found out that he has been illegally renting out that extended room where my friend had been lived for past two years.

The damages were in 10,000$... the lawsuit was the landlord demanding my friend to pay for it (she HAS no money.. she barely can afford the 600$ rent!) while my friend planned on a counterlawsuit for illegal renting, mishandling of tenant, et cetera (the landlord walked in her apt any time which made her nervous). My friend has no renter's insurance. TIP: GET A RENTER'S INSURANCE. They averages 16bucks a month.

Also she was kicked out the second the landlord found out about the damages... She had no chance to move her stuff out. SO she was locked out of her apartment wiht no stuff-- just clothes and several shoes. For FOUR weeks (during the heated battle of lawsuits)... She lived with me during that period.

It was crazy. The damages were horrible. They had to replace the carpet and padding, and stripped down th walls to replace the insulation (it is soaking wet)...

She was pissed at her dog (hearing service dog) as well-- he did nothing. He is 14 years old and is long out of his training :thumbd: lazy-ass dog. :) But we all love him!

Everybody should make a habit of checking the running water.
I usually forgot to shut off completely... my husband's family will tell me, "the water is still running!" and I will og "oops"... It never runs at full force but nonetheless the running water apparently put hearing people on alert. "Who leaves the faceut running?!" while they run all over the house, figuring out which facuet it was.

:)

Well-- Something that set us different from everybody-- the insurance companies loathe and fear us and our prone to flooding. :giggle:

Reba said:
My house was built in 1990, and the bathroom sinks and tubs have overflow drains. Kitchen sinks don't. Is that what you mean?

Well, I looked into it a little bit last night. It turns out that a lot of bathroom sinks are still manufactured with overflow holes, but not all. So deaf people should shop for bathroom sinks that have overflow holes. Bathtubs seem to all have them. Kitchen sinks don’t. According to Kohler, there are two reasons for this: in a kitchen sink the secondary basin serves as the overflow, and overflow drain lines harbor potentially dangerous bacteria.

My kitchen sink have 2 sinks in case one is overflow and will flow into the second one. My bathroom dont have overflow at all but planning on buying a new sink in the near future.

Yea I have done it and now I am always staying where the water is flowing. The only time I leave my water running is in the kitchen sink a very little flow for my cat to drink water. If I put the water in the bowl then my cats will make a biggggggggggg mess. :pissed:

Anyway I havent had a flood in my home but I did have flooded back in the late 80 that about it.

Good thread here Nancy! :thumb: ..

It happened to me twice when I was trying to wash the dishes, and I left the water running while I was busy doing something else and the next thing I forgot what I was doing earlier, until my little one came up to me and said MOMMY water!! I was like eh?....then I just knew it was the sink in the kitchen, look like I got there a bit too late.... :o

I alway forget to turn off the water all the times. Sometimes I check on the water to turn off when I go out somewhere.

HiBluE01

It was happened to me twice......... :mrgreen:

That's time my hubby and I were not married. He came to visit to see me in London for vacation. I turn the water on to fill the water for bath and go back to kitchen where my fiance (now husband) sat. We spend our time is love and affection to forget bathroom...... My head was like explosive when I finish with my business with him then rush back to bathroom... The water was flood over to hallway. :-o It took us 5 hours to clean the water off... all the carpet are total soak..... We collect newspapers to twist the water out from the carpet.

After we married.....

My hubby forget to turn garden water off after finish water our garden..... He was busy to catch the sons around.... (lucky is the water is not running in our house but garden...) The water was running for hours.... shit........

Liebling:-))) said:
That's time my hubby and I were not married. He came to visit to see me in London for vacation. I turn the water on to fill the water for bath and go back to kitchen where my fiance (now husband) sat. We spend our time is love and affection to forget bathroom......

Too much:wackit: :sure:??

My hubby pointed out to me something about the overflow drains in tubs and sinks. Although they have overflow drains, the tub or sink water can still pour onto the floor. Reason? The overflow hole is smaller than the faucet. That is, the water is flowing in faster than it can drain out. So the water can still spill over the top edge.

There are some faucets now that use motion sensors to turn on. If your hand moves away from the sink, the water shuts off. That is one option.

:fu: LOL :gpost: ha Ha ha ha.. :asshole: I'm not laffing at that nouns :ty: as I tho it was a verb but it was wrong. :ily: oh, chit.. I have too many grammatical errors. :pissed:( c that's how I dont like about asl, it makes me confuse.) :gives:

Back