For us, old timers

I miss the old TV sitcom. "Punky Brewster".

I basically miss the 80's in general!

Even the mischievous things! :giggle:

Yep, I still have fun, but I pay my mortgage, raise my kids, volunteer, work and do all the "I am a good human being" things. Still go see a few bands now and then.

Shel, if we ever meet, I have a feeling we would kick ass! LOL!

Yep, I still have fun, but I pay my mortgage, raise my kids, volunteer, work and do all the "I am a good human being" things. Still go see a few bands now and then.

Shel, if we ever meet, I have a feeling we would kick ass! LOL!

Yea, especially with the mood I am in now. I am in a angry mood and I feel like being bad. I have always done everything right and did my best but I am getting "punished" so why be a good girl all the time? :roll:

Anger, angst, punk rock baby! Got your old black leather still? (I am gonna pretend mine still fits) Let's go slam and show em hows it done, haha.

Yea, especially with the mood I am in now. I am in a angry mood and I feel like being bad. I have always done everything right and did my best but I am getting "punished" so why be a good girl all the time? :roll:

We used to jump the fence at the neighborhood pool and skinny dip....Miss that......miss toilet papering houses and "knock and dash" and playing quarters

Be bad Shel, be bad! :naughty:

It feels good, believe me!

We used to jump the fence at the neighborhood pool and skinny dip....Miss that......miss toilet papering houses and "knock and dash" and playing quarters

I used to do that..jump the fence to go swimming in a community pool with my friends. lol

During the most formative period of my life- soccer and baseball ruled everything. Every Saturday AM I would get my soccer uniform on by 7 AM and watch cartoons until time to go to the game. During the week- it was get the baseball uniform on the very SECOND I get home from school.

I simply loved MJ's music and dance skills. We got that first PC which my little brother and I constantly fought over game time on it. And lastly out Nintendo game boys got the most value for the buck for me and my brother compared to any game we ever owned.

I have vague memories of the Jackson 5. I remember MJ more than the others and he was an awesome dancer even when he was little. God, I'm OLD.

I have vague memories of the Jackson 5. I remember MJ more than the others and he was an awesome dancer even when he was little. God, I'm OLD.

Do you remember the variety show that Sonny & Cher had and they introduced their daughter Chasity? They always sang "I got you Babe" at the end of the show.

I also remember the Mickey Mouse Club with Annette Funicello and Cubby.

The Fuller Brush man knocking on your door. "Ding Song, Avon's calling" or the Tupperware lady coming to your house. How about the Stanley Home Products? Or even, Mary Kay?

Man, those were the days!!

Do you remember the variety show that Sonny & Cher had and they introduced their daughter Chasity? They always sang "I got you Babe" at the end of the show.

I also remember the Mickey Mouse Club with Annette Funicello and Cubby.

The Fuller Brush man knocking on your door. "Ding Song, Avon's calling" or the Tupperware lady coming to your house. How about the Stanley Home Products? Or even, Mary Kay?

Man, those were the days!!

I remember the Mickey Mouse club for sure. It was a rerun in the 1970s so I remember them from the 70s. I was born in 1966 so I don't remember the other stuff. I think I saw a Jackson 5 rerun in the early 70s.

I don't remember hearing about Cher till the 4th grade.

I remember the Mickey Mouse club for sure. It was a rerun in the 1970s so I remember them from the 70s. I was born in 1966 so I don't remember the other stuff. I think I saw a Jackson 5 rerun in the early 70s.

I don't remember hearing about Cher till the 4th grade.

Now I feel old. I was born in 1963. Yes, I know there are others older than us.

Well, that would be me as I was born in 1945. Yes, I remembered the Mickey Mouse Club with Annette Funicellio and other casts. I remembered Jackson 5 too. So are the commericals. That was a long time ago. That is what really make me old. (sigh) Where did the times have gone so fast? :naughty:

Wirelessly posted (Sidekick LX: Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Yep. You must be lucky cos 80's and older were much better than 90's and younger. :P But this thread just made me missing my 90's childhood... :aw:

Well, that would be me as I was born in 1945. Yes, I remembered the Mickey Mouse Club with Annette Funicellio and other casts. I remembered Jackson 5 too. So are the commericals. That was a long time ago. That is what really make me old. (sigh) Where did the times have gone so fast? :naughty:
A true Baby Boomer!

I'm only a few years behind you (1951). :lol:

you were born the same year as my dad.

The Mickey Mouse Club, Howdy Doodie, Sky Kind, Captain Kangaroo, ad nauseam...They weren't captioned but were spellbinding to a little deaf fool like me. :lol:

I miss the Rainbow Brite doll. I had the doll, the toys, and the matching Rainbow Brite sheets and bedspread.

I miss the old Disney movies too. I don't care for the current Disney movies.

I've been watching the Simpsons since the late 1980s (I began watching at 8 years old) and still have been watching the Simpsons ever since. I am a loyal Simpsons fan.

Doogie Howser, MD was awesome too. Miss it.

Back