For us, old timers

Movies:

Breakfast Club - I saw it twice on TV last week! I could not believe how much Molly Ringwad, Emilio Estevez, Judd Nelson, Ally Sheedy and Anthony Hall haver changed

Sixteen Candles

Rambo

Top Gun

Aliens

Star Trek: Wrath of Khan

Star Wars: The Empire Strike Back

Also had the bell bottoms, the cordoroy (sp) pants. Converse sneakers that always ripped with pencils due to boredom in school. If you got detention you feared going home because the parents got the report before you even had to serve it on the same day.

It was safe to drink out of the water hose. I was taught to drive an old pickup truck at 6 in the orange groves where we lived and it was a great pleasure to pick fresh oranges, grapefruit, lemons, limes and kumquats fresh out of your yard.

Walking barefoot down the highway to the local swimming hole 2 miles away. Getting a spanking with a belt from the neighbors if I screwed up before parents came home.

Having street dances with "Dr. Paul Bearer" from "Creature Feature" each summer in town.

Had posters of Leif Garret, Donny Osmond, and David Cassidy. Thought Donny Osmond's "Puppy Love" was the best!! (at the time.)

Lake Tahoe - I do! <Metallica, Cabbage Patch, My Little Pony, Transformers, Gi Joe.....>

"who shot JR?...."

and yeah, I had leg warmers. Red ones.

I must have watched the Top Gun, Breakfast Club and Footloose movies tons of times; remember when my mom took me to see Footloose in the theater!

i love dynasty tv.

dynasty546x20_small.jpg

Oh yes. I have not forgotten Dynasty. I loved watching Joan Collins play Alexis and thinking that if I were powerful and rich, I'd dress like her.

Every Wednesday, the whole dorm (Dorm E) at MSSD would turn out to see Dynasty. Dunno about other dorms.

Computer:
Commodore C64
Apple Mac+, LC III and PowerPC

Movie:
Star Wars
Back to the Future
Indiana Jones

that Commodore64 was I think my husband's first - or one of his first- computers, he was so excited!

leg warmers - and there was a certain "style" - at least in my area or my school - to how they were to be worn. At that time I was especially shy and bullied extensively so I did my best to try to "fit in", including following this "style".
does she remember what color they were, stefan?
:)

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.89 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106)

I wore my leg warmers and danced to Olivia Newton John! "Let's get physical".

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.89 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106)

That's cute :lol:

OMG, Bitchfights, I miss them!

Alexis, who could ever forget her and her brown cigarettes!

She poured sex every Thursday night and I would go to school so tired every Friday am. My teacher would ask me why I was tired, I'd say Dynasty and she'd be shocked because I was only like 9 years old! :lol:

I love john carriginton he is too sexy

Oceanblue7 said:

That's cute :lol:

I would say I was about 12 years old! :lol:

32 cents a gallon for gas, I was too young to pay for gas and drive at that time.

Coca~Cola was 15 cents for 12 oz bottle, 10 cents for a bar of Hershey!

blast time roller skating, we don't see much Roller skate rink nowadays

Drive in restaurant, known as Eat N' Park. That restaurant chains still exist but no more drive in.

Drive in Theatre was very popular back then.

Carefree days! Fun Fun Fun!

Lol, gas was a quarter a gallon in my senior year in high school.

I would say I was about 12 years old! :lol:

I do remember wearing the leg warmers as well at the gym and fashionable accessory with my jeans :giggle:

Scratch n sniff stickers
Friendship beads on your shoes
plastic bracelets
feather clips on your hair
wearing a large sweatshirt with one shoulder exposed
Camaros!!

Oh I hate Dynasty! I was frown when everybody got their eyes glued to Dynasty!

Smokey and the Bandit, Dukes of Hazzard

Three's company, too bad John Ritter passed away at young age, sure miss him being in show.

"Our gang".... Little Rascals

The Munster

I like Hart to Hart with cute dog named Freeway. (The orignal version)

Back then many toys are made out of steel, not anymore! I can't believe most toys nowadays are made of plastic!

Oh I hate Dynasty! I was frown when everybody got their eyes glued to Dynasty!

Smokey and the Bandit, Dukes of Hazzard

Three's company, too bad John Ritter passed away at young age, sure miss him being in show.

"Our gang".... Little Rascals

I like Hart to Hart with cute dog named Freeway. (The orignal version)

Back then many toys are made out of steel, not anymore! I can't believe most toys nowadays are made of plastic!

And made in China no doubt. Sighhhh....

In 70's "Made in china" was not even exist. HOWEVER, in 70's I have witness sad event. Unions at steel mills has successfully forced Steel companies oursourcing their jobs to China, now China is steel supplier.

SAD, I blame on unions!

And made in China no doubt. Sighhhh....

In 70's "Made in china" was not even exist. HOWEVER, in 70's I have witness sad event. Unions at steel mills has successfully forced Steel companies oursourcing their jobs to China, now China is steel supplier.

SAD, I blame on unions!

I respectfully disagree. I blame it on the managements' greed, pure and simple.

There are some fashion trends from the 80's that I'd rather forget.. Cropped tank tops that showed at the midriff for one :P I'm long waisted but I'm also very busty so this look was a diaster on me. You weren't supposed to wear it in layers.

Back