Finals headaches, anyone?

Vance

Reaction score
There is a big plan (group kayaking) this weekend, I would LOVE to go with them but I can't because of the damnedest finals. Only 8 weekdays left for me to drop off my three projects at university. I finished two projects but still working on third project, 18 pages on cell structure and functions such as mitochondria and ribosomes. Once I am finish with these, I have to review these projects.. plus other homeworks. Hooray. I usually love to read any medical or health-related articles but not this time...

I must admit that I love college, no question about it... but homeworks and finals. Ugh. What about you? the finals? Any rant to share?

Last edited:
I have a chem final I'm really not looking forward to. It is over everything this semester, so I have to try to remember all that stuff. And it is at 8am in the morning! Other than that I have an ASL final, but that is easy. For biology, just a case study that is in a small group (easyish) and finish lab project. The lab project will be the hardest. :ugh:

Got to drive 40miles to take a phsyical Anthropology final (a big mistake to take an online class when the professor is not exactly a computer whiz so he requires the off-campus students to come on-campus to take exams. The whole point of "online class" have lost its meaning at this college.)

I am more concerned about my math class. I am very educated but for unexplained reasons I am unable to comphrend the simple structures of math or even to MEMORIZE for that matter so I finally started a college-level mathematic course this semester (ever since I was taking remedial classes. how embarassing). I need to ace next two exams for this math class in order to get a C for my grade. So my panic button has been hit a while ago. Did take the third exam two days ago and on Tuesday I will find out if my attempts have been futile or a step closer to the glorifying grade of "C"!

My women's studies class is really fanscainating. Regretting that I am leaving this class... but I hear this professor is teaching another class next semester so I will take her class again for women's studies history. If I manage to keep my grade above B, I don't need to take the final. So far it looks good for me- one less final to cram for.

One more final-- for my history class which covered western civilizations from 1600 to present. The professor is anal retentive but he covered all bases so the students have no excuses to flunk the exmas if they never crank their textbooks. I got an A in this class so far but my grade is not high enough to be in top 5% to be waivered from taking the final. Arggh. Multiple-Choices exams are the best. ;)

My art courses have their finals earlier. Which reminds me, I need to finish my sketchbook and come up wtih a final project for my presenation.. YIKES.

I am not worried about my finals for most courses but like I said, I am more concerned about my math final more than anything else in my life. THis is vital to me, because if i pass this math class, NO MORE MATHEMATICS FOR ME! I mean, I don't mind learning mathematics et cetera but it is difficult for me to memorize the steps of applying the formulas and unfortunately I am not very good wiht my multiplication tables. I only can get up to 7x3=21... and beyond that-- PFFT, went over my head. Calcuator is one of the great inventions!

I stress a lot over my regular work, but nothing is as bad in my graduate program as it was in undergrad. I have no finals, and my particular program issues no grades -- only "evaluations". I don't know how that will play out when if I try for a doctorate, but it sure makes it easier now. I only have to wrestle with my own perfectionism -- and not the professor's!

<~~~No Finals, No homework, No headaches. :nana:

you know that John Merrick aka "elephant man" NEVER had a single headache in his life?

no homework.. Yes headaches...

Kids homework ?? no.. they do at boys and girls club from now on.. Such a relief for me... But I still get headaches.. Oh it's not relate to final sorry LOL It's just a stupid migraine/Tension Argh..

Wendy

No homework here either, but I do have alot of headaches through....

I have three children, bills, dealing with my ex and taking care of things around here, going shopping for Christmas gifts etc....

There's alot of things that cause you to have a headache beside having too much homework is being on a forum where SOME people drives you nuts << that's a fact LOL....

Does anyone have any asprin?...;)

Finals? The word makes me go ::eek::... and dive for cover. I have an Accounting final coming up next Monday, and we have to read 13 chapters since its all multiple choice...argh. I prefer working on problems!!

Addition, anyone?

Ah.... College sounds lovely! Rightttt.. Well i have finals coming up soon after christmas break.. Im not excited about that... I do have a history paper to write about Utopia by Sir Thomas More and The Prince by Niccolo Machvelli... NOOO! I dont want to do it... I'm getting a headache just thinking about it... Got aleve? LOL..

I have headaches all the time so what? Finals headache? ;P

I have one final.. Math, it should be moderately hard, but I have a whole week to study for it. School ends on Friday the 10th, then the final is on Friday ther 17th. Ugh, in a way. I'd rather it be right after the review, ya know? I had another class that had a final but because it was a 1 credit class, it ended in November. My grade for the final for that was a B, but my overall grade was an A (92%) YAY!! I get to keep my 4.0. :)

Also, my math final will be my first final (although it is my 2nd semester at college.) Last semester math was p/f grading, and the teacher LOVED me, she let me skip the final. The other class I had last semester had a "show up, grab your last paper and final grade, good bye good life" kinda thing, ya know. :) Lucky me.

Finals

My finals are done monday and hopefully my headaches will go away too. Till then its excederin migraine and hot amaretto cocoa....Yummy :thumb:

Have an exam for my course tomorrow eek!

I have to watch a video of a person signing and write down what they are saying exactly! Sounds easy but its not!

Back