Father Held Daughter in Cellar for 24 Years

There is a chance that they will never fully recover, but they can always improve.

That's true. I've heard of people improving after a severe trauma but this kind of trauma is far beyond repairs. My heart goes out to the victims of this horrid but yet, a bloodcurdling, hair-raising crime.

She was forced to build her own prison and the ceilings are so low I dont think even I could stand up straight and Im 5'4". UGH

Yes, Elisabeth built spare rooms in cellar... Yes, most basements in old building sites do have low ceiling. That's why 18 years old son Stefan is too tall and walk and crawling like monkey. Stefan's joints and muscles did not develop properly. It's not just Stefan but Felix as well. No wonder why Felix look at Stefan's role and do like monkeys. They are going to train to walk upright.

Leib, yes its horrible that he'd escape jail, but don't they have mental insistutions for the criminally insane in Europe? If so, it wouldn't be like a regular mental insistuion. It would be a jail.

Well, we do have several separate secure psychiatric units for severe mentally illness, etc., drug/alochol addcition or depression, etc.

That's one of secure psychiatric units, the lawyer suggest to put that monster is severe mentally illness one which mean is it's impossible for the people who suffers severe mentally illness get out of psychiatric unit.

Few another secure psychiatric units for severe drug/alchol addiction. If it work on them successful then send them to Spa/rehab to positive themselves.

I personally consider him as tyrant due description from many articles and TV medias. Yes, he is a psychopath but he knew very well what and how he did because he did not kill anyone don't he? I know many serial killers suffers mentally illness and often say the voice tell them to kill innoncent one... and then next day they don't know why they did that... which is total different as that monster what and how he did for 24 YEARS. I hope the Prosecutor will see the difference. What that monster did belongs to jail, not secure psychiatric unit.

Almost same what some of links, Sara provided to. Accord TV, they suspect that Kretsin is also being sexually abuse, too because that monster can't sex with his wife thru her weight and then use Elisabeth for sex until Elisabeth look old with white hair... then tired of her... then Kretsin??? They can't examine her yet.

To my opinion, they should examine her during her coma either she was being sex abuse or not.

What Sara provided the links is good enough to match what new TV says.

Well, we do have several separate secure psychiatric units for severe mentally illness, etc., drug/alochol addcition or depression, etc.

That's one of secure psychiatric units, the lawyer suggest to put that monster is severe mentally illness one which mean is it's impossible for the people who suffers severe mentally illness get out of psychiatric unit.

Few another secure psychiatric units for severe drug/alchol addiction. If it work on them successful then send them to Spa/rehab to positive themselves.

I personally consider him as tyrant due description from many articles and TV medias. Yes, he is a psychopath but he knew very well what and how he did because he did not kill anyone don't he? I know many serial killers suffers mentally illness and often say the voice tell them to kill innoncent one... and then next day they don't know why they did that... which is total different as that monster what and how he did for 24 YEARS. I hope the Prosecutor will see the difference. What that monster did belongs to jail, not secure psychiatric unit.

I do agree with you that he needs to be put away for life. Whether that will be in a secure psychiatric facility or a prison is for the law to decide.

Concerning the subject of whether or not he is mentally ill, I have to say, "Yes, this man is mentally ill." Whether or not what he did was deliberate is not the deciding factor. Yes, he was deliberate in his actions. What qualifies him as mentally ill is that his thought processes were so disturbed that he not only came up with a plan that sane people would not devise, but also that he feels it was proper and right. Sane people don't think the way this man thinks. Those cognitive disturbances are what make him mentally ill.

Leib,I know they have mental insistutions for severely mentally ill people. The question is whether Europe has them for criminally insane people. Criminally insane people are people who commit crimes b/c they are insane.
jillo, he's mentally ill yes, but that's just really putting it mildly. He makes almost anyone else with a mental illness look SANE!

Leib,I know they have mental insistutions for severely mentally ill people. The question is whether Europe has them for criminally insane people. Criminally insane people are people who commit crimes b/c they are insane.
jillo, he's mentally ill yes, but that's just really putting it mildly. He makes almost anyone else with a mental illness look SANE!

Oh, absolutely! He is a super severe case!

perhaps when he dies they will save his brain for scientific study into a psychopath in the future?????? Im sure several people would like to know whats going on inside that head of his.

I really do think that he might have been on drugs or something. I mean.....most psycho and sociopaths have empathy for their family. I don't quite understand how someone could get so severe that they decide to hurt their family members.
That is so horrifying that he built the basement early on. He's worse then Hitler!

I really do think that he might have been on drugs or something. I mean.....most psycho and sociopaths have empathy for their family. I don't quite understand how someone could get so severe that they decide to hurt their family members.
That is so horrifying that he built the basement early on. He's worse then Hitler!

I'm no exert on sociopaths but isn't an inabliity to feel empathy for anyone a hallmark of of sociopathy?

:thumbd: What's up with imprisoning people?

Belgian held for locking up boyfriend for 5 months | World | Reuters
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - A Belgian woman who kept her former boyfriend barricaded in her home for nearly 5 months was arrested and charged with false imprisonment, prosecutors said on Wednesday.

The woman locked the man in her home in the town of Lessines, about 50 km (30 miles) west of Brussels, after breaking off their relationship in December.

Officials said her brother and new boyfriend, who had moved into the house, were also charged. All three face potential jail terms of one to five years.

"The former partner was mistreated and he was not well fed," a court official in the town of Tournai said, adding he had been allowed to move around within the house.

The woman's father informed police after a family argument. The police moved in on Monday.

The 29-year-old man was being sought by police at the time of his imprisonment as he had been convicted of drug dealing and appeared to have absconded. He is now in jail.

I do agree with you that he needs to be put away for life. Whether that will be in a secure psychiatric facility or a prison is for the law to decide.

Concerning the subject of whether or not he is mentally ill, I have to say, "Yes, this man is mentally ill." Whether or not what he did was deliberate is not the deciding factor. Yes, he was deliberate in his actions. What qualifies him as mentally ill is that his thought processes were so disturbed that he not only came up with a plan that sane people would not devise, but also that he feels it was proper and right. Sane people don't think the way this man thinks. Those cognitive disturbances are what make him mentally ill.

Yeah, true. I agree totally that he was deliberate in his actions.

I just got a news about him few minutes ago. He said in cynically way that he do wish kill them instead of plan to get them out of cellar.

You suspect in previous posts that it could be something do incest genes to cause Krestin´s health. Yes, the doctors suspect the same what you said in previous post. All of upstair children are healthy and normal like us... and also cellar boys as well... but poor health...

Incest dad upset at media 'monster' image - CNN.com

This article from CNN confirms what I said earlier. Pay attention to his reaction. He is attempting to manipulate the opinions of others by focusing on the fact that Kerstin would not be alive without him rather than the fact that she would not be almost dead because of him. This is just more evidence that this man is so pathological that he still feels his actions were all justified. Text book case of extreme anti-social personality disorder.

Incest dad upset at media 'monster' image - CNN.com

This article from CNN confirms what I said earlier. Pay attention to his reaction. He is attempting to manipulate the opinions of others by focusing on the fact that Kerstin would not be alive without him rather than the fact that she would not be almost dead because of him. This is just more evidence that this man is so pathological that he still feels his actions were all justified. Text book case of extreme anti-social personality disorder.

Yes I see that... What a pathetic... :roll: I remember one of TV medias said that he claimed that he did nothing wrong and said that he feed them well... and care well... and make sure that they won´t hungry... :roll:

yeah but didnt they like have to go without food while he was away on holiday in Thailand? That had to be at least a week. I dont think he would leave them enough food for a week of meals given there was no refridgerator and not alot of space. Not only that if he only came down every two or three days to rape his daughter wouldnt that mean that at most they were fed only every two or three days??? Maybe the Cellar family is emaciated?

Austrian Govt shouldn't have purged Fritzl's criminal record for sex crimes or any others after 15 years. Where's the logic in that?

For a person who committed a sex crime's file should be open indefinitely.

Yes I agree. I really do think that if someone committs a sex crime they need to be put in a mental insistution for life. I'm sorry, bleeding hearts but the gross majority of real rapists (ie not a date rape misunderstanding. Not to minimize what date rape victims have gone through, but there is a HUGE difference between rape and date rape) will never reform.
OMG he's upset that the media has portrayed him as a monster? He's worse then a Nazi!!! I can't WAIT til he gets in jail or even a psychiatirc ward.....he is SO going to be beaten up every single day. I really honestly hope that any guards turn a blind eye to any violence comitted against that fucker.
I really wanna hear his justification for raping his daughter. It's so clear that he's BEYOND extremely mentally ill. It's just.........why did he fixtate on his daughter?
Well maybe one good thing about this case..........maybe it will help things like increase prison sentences for unrepentant rapists. Also hopefully Fritzel will be very severely punished. I'm not all "bring back the chain gangs"........Most criminals can be rehabed. Quite a few people in the prisons just made a big mistake. However, there IS a subpopulation of profound sociopaths who can't even be called HUMAN any more. One of the definitions of being human is the abilty to feel empathy. Sociopaths don't feel empathy. Therefore, they are not human. Therefore they don't deserve any human rights whatsoever!

Yes I agree. I really do think that if someone committs a sex crime they need to be put in a mental insistution for life. I'm sorry, bleeding hearts but the gross majority of real rapists (ie not a date rape misunderstanding. Not to minimize what date rape victims have gone through, but there is a HUGE difference between rape and date rape) will never reform.
OMG he's upset that the media has portrayed him as a monster? He's worse then a Nazi!!! I can't WAIT til he gets in jail or even a psychiatirc ward.....he is SO going to be beaten up every single day. I really honestly hope that any guards turn a blind eye to any violence comitted against that fucker.
I really wanna hear his justification for raping his daughter. It's so clear that he's BEYOND extremely mentally ill. It's just.........why did he fixtate on his daughter?
Well maybe one good thing about this case..........maybe it will help things like increase prison sentences for unrepentant rapists. Also hopefully Fritzel will be very severely punished. I'm not all "bring back the chain gangs"........Most criminals can be rehabed. Quite a few people in the prisons just made a big mistake. However, there IS a subpopulation of profound sociopaths who can't even be called HUMAN any more. One of the definitions of being human is the abilty to feel empathy. Sociopaths don't feel empathy. Therefore, they are not human. Therefore they don't deserve any human rights whatsoever!

I don't think anyone with half a brain is going buy his story that Kerstin is still alive because of him; given the facts, they'll think Kerstin almost died because of him. Since Fritzel has no empathy for others, he can't understand that others would be outraged over this precisely because they have empathy toward others. He won't be able to understand why they'd be outraged at the fact he's trying to spin this. He utterly fails at PR for himself.

Let's hope he get thrown in a prison alone with no guard present... Most prisoners don't take kindly to perps like him.

Back