Father Held Daughter in Cellar for 24 Years

Austrian Govt shouldn't have purged Fritzl's criminal record for sex crimes or any others after 15 years. Where's the logic in that?

For a person who committed a sex crime's file should be open indefinitely.
Oh, wow, I missed that information. They purged his record? That's awful. He should have been on a permanent public sex offender list so people could be wary of him.

Thanks for pointing out that information.

Oh, wow, I missed that information. They purged his record? That's awful. He should have been on a permanent public sex offender list so people could be wary of him.

Thanks for pointing out that information.

Austria purges all criminal records after a specific period of time.

This asshole is just batshit INSANE!!!!! You can SO tell that he thinks that he didn't do anything wrong. I saw this, a few weeks ago when he said "Yes, I had sex with her, but I haven't for many months now" I did read on his Wikkipedia entry that his sister claimed he'd been severely beaten by his mother.

I wouldnt trust Wikimedia at this point in the investigation, Wiki entries come from 'random' sources meaning anyone can type that in and say it true.

Stick with AP sites, thats where the majority of your legitimate news is going to come from.

I cannot believe how fucking horrific this case is. When I think its reached its zenith, even more disturbing details come out. He is just......words can't even describe how batshit this is!
It's really weird, but I had this vibe that he was gonna claim that it was the Nazi's influence.
Yes, I know not to trust Wikkipedia (although it is fun reading it) However the linkies have said that some reports have said that his mother was violent. There's also the insistution that he may have been sexually abused by his mother. Maybe that's how he became the way he was. Not excusing his behavoir.....just thinking out loud about what could have caused this bizarre fixtations. Maybe he had such severe PSTD that he went nuts.
Reading how he thought of the cellar as his kingdom.......and I mean he's really really strange. I remember other cases like this, and there weren't all these details about what happened early on.

Death Penalty For Him!!!! :mad2::pissed: or just send him to Siberian prison!

It's obvious that the sicko is trying to come up with all kinds of justifications in order to save his own bacon. If any judge or jury buys that baloney they're just as warped as he is.

If you do the math, he was about 10 years old at the end of WWII, so I don't know what kind of influence Hitler had on him. :dunno:

I get the same mentally ill feeling from looking at his eyes, and his expression in the photos published. I also get a decided aura of superiority from him. He is indeed psychopathic and sociopathic. That is what has allowed him to get away with his crimes for so long. Sociopaths are extremely maniulative and charming. They can convince you that the sun is shining when it is pouring down rain. And you are correct. His mental illness is such that he doesn't see that he has done anything wrong. He firmly believes that his actions are justified, and that the rest of society is wrong in judging him.

but... mental illness? He does it wrong under your standard (and Westerner's standard)? What about stoning woman for honor killing just because she was looking at other man or touching a man. Is that not a sign of mental illness? I just read this funny quote - "Rocks are for gardens, not to hurt women." I don't know why but I kinda laughed :ugh:

In my opinion, I don't think it's mental illness. Just that he's twisted sociopath whose logic/reasoning is wrong. :confused:

If you think this is horrible, try Afghanistan or countries like it. The young girls were sold to men or forced to marry and live under his house for remainder of his life as his wives... (aka sex slaves)

Siberia is in Russia, not Austria.

yea I know. Siberia Prison is probably the worst prison in the world. cold, lonely, isolated.... brutal gimps!! That should be an appropriate punishment for him! :pissed:

Well sociopathy is a personality disorder listed under the DSM. And yes, stoning a woman just b/c she looked at a male wrong IS fucked up. Then again, we had the same sort of thing happen in the '60's with whites lynching blacks. We're not that far removed from that sort of stuff.

but... mental illness? He does it wrong under your standard (and Westerner's standard)? What about stoning woman for honor killing just because she was looking at other man or touching a man. Is that not a sign of mental illness? I just read this funny quote - "Rocks are for gardens, not to hurt women." I don't know why but I kinda laughed :ugh:

In my opinion, I don't think it's mental illness. Just that he's twisted sociopath whose logic/reasoning is wrong. :confused:

If you think this is horrible, try Afghanistan or countries like it. The young girls were sold to men or forced to marry and live under his house for remainder of his life as his wives... (aka sex slaves)

What exactly, do you think a sociopath is? Austrian culture does not condone the acts perpetrated by this man, so your reference to cultural differences in norms has no bearing. He didn't stone someone. Stoning isperfectly acceptable in the countries you have mentioned, so no, it is not asign of mental illness. It is not outside the accepted behavior of the majority of members of that culture.

Did you learn anything about deviant behavoir in that 101 class of yours? Andjsut so you keep it in mind, incest is taboo in virtually all cultures of the world.

In your opinion? Try checking the DSM_IV (TR). You will find that it most certainly is a diagnosable mental illness.

What exactly, do you think a sociopath is? Austrian culture does not condone the acts perpetrated by this man, so your reference to cultural differences in norms has no bearing. He didn't stone someone. Stoning isperfectly acceptable in the countries you have mentioned, so no, it is not asign of mental illness. It is not outside the accepted behavior of the majority of members of that culture.

interesting what you just said. good point. Austria's culture is also part of Westerner culture. After all - Americans are European descendants. It was said that "Westerner" is a loosely-used term to describe modern Anglo-Saxon culture covering both American and European.

Did you learn anything about deviant behavoir in that 101 class of yours? In your opinion? Try checking the DSM_IV (TR). You will find that it most certainly is a diagnosable mental illness.
A person of high intelligence and normal life with normal behavior in public but enjoys killing/torturing person... like Hannibal Lecter. is that mental illness too? :Ohno: I'm just asking you for clarification.

Andjsut so you keep it in mind, incest is taboo in virtually all cultures of the world.
It wasn't incest at first. He raped the child and then that child became a woman, gave births, and then raped them too... sick.... sick.... vile... I'm gona vomit and then I'm gona pay him a visit.

In our culture and Europe - having sex with a little girl is a heinous crime but not in "third world country" or countries like Afghanistan. It's a common practice. but still sick.....

Back