Explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why the media needs to back off. They're not reporting anything new and the 20 year old they had turned out to have nothing. At this point, everyone is feeding off the hype, including the person/s responsible.

Totally agree with this, the media is just a circus right now trying to get many viewers as possible. They're trying to turn pain into ratings. This type of reporting goes back to the Gulf War when CNN made a name for itself. Nobody is policing journalism...

I understand that everyone wants info, myself included, but you can't solve something like this overnight.

If you look back, the news was never this intense.

I agree. I think I read that he's a member of a support group, so I hope they get in contact with him.

I remember that story about the van. I didn't realize he was the same guy! :shock:

I don't know. A peace activist carrying a bloody flag away from the scene and holding it up to the media.

I think they have enough blood. What the victims really need is long-term support, such as peer counseling, medical treatments, physical and occupational therapy, pain management, and lots of money. They need their extended family and friends help them adjust to their new lives.

All of the hospitals in Boston has ran out of blood and they're asking for other cites to help them. This was on the new tonight.

unconfirmed source
Here's some input from an EOD guy I know: "My opinion, because you have to be part sadistic fuck to be a good tech and because I am studying emergency management is that Boston dodged a giant bullet. Ill be interested to see what comes of the investigation. Casualties were pretty light all things considered. Explosives seemed super low grade and of minimal quantity. I am guessing they were too heavily cased for what was used and that most of the blast went to rupturing the container."

pix of bomb - EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Boston Marathon bomb - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/...nvestigating-photo-that-shows-bag/#?hpt=hp_t2

I believe the mayor said they don't need blood donations this week, but will be asking for donations next week & maybe the following week.
They probably have enough but will need to replenish their supplies later.

The globe has released the name of a second victim, but there is some confusion over her residence. The Globe says Arlington, but Medford has her listed as a native:

"Also today the name of a second person who died in the blast was identified. Krystle Campbell, 29, of Arlington was killed, her grandmother said."

Investigation of Boston Marathon bombings continues - Boston.com

I don't know her personally, but I think Medford is correct as the Arlington paper has not mentioned her and that would certainly be front page news.

There was mix up with 2 women names , Krystle Campbell parents where told it was their daughter's friend at dies and it was their daughter who had dies .
:(

I believe the mayor said they don't need blood donations this week, but will be asking for donations next week & maybe the following week.
They probably have enough but will need to replenish their supplies later.

That is correct. Boston need to replenish their supplies ,but it now .

OK. Go for it.

I will have to find out if I can give my blood as it was rejected the last time.
We had a Red Cross office in my city but is has closed down. There is no blood drive going on right now , there was on the April 15 , and it was for another cause.

Last edited:
It was on the news tonight. I think was it channel 7 or 5 , I have no idea what that would be where you live.

it doesn't matter where I live. I'm still not seeing it in any feeds including Red Cross about them needing blood today or now. only that they'll need blood donation next week or so.

Red Cross responds in Boston

The Red Cross has sent approximately 450 additional units of blood, platelets and plasma to area hospitals. Thanks to generous volunteer blood donors, there is currently enough blood on the shelves to meet patient need. The Red Cross has the ability to move blood around the country to where it is needed most and we stand ready to assist with any additional requests of blood and blood products. The need for blood is constant, and it’s the blood on the shelves that helps save lives when a tragedy occurs. Eligible blood donors are strongly encouraged to schedule an appointment to give in the days and weeks ahead, especially Type O donors. Type O negative blood is often used during emergencies, when there is no time to determine the patient’s blood type.
American Red Cross - Give blood

http://www.redcross.org/news/press-release/Red-Cross-Response-to-the-Boston-Marathon-Explosions

Do backpack and bag are banned in marathon?

I found out that they used pressure cooker covered in bag.

We have banned so many things, still criminals find way around the ban.

Criminals will always do anything to get whatever to get somebody killed or injury. This part I am not sure why many don't get it.

So, question is, has gun control prevents incidents like this? The answer is with crystal clear... NOPE!

Do backpack and bag are banned in marathon?

I found out that they used pressure cooker covered in bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back