Explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have banned so many things, still criminals find way around the ban.

Criminals will always do anything to get whatever to get somebody killed or injury. This part I am not sure why many don't get it.

So, question is, has gun control prevents incidents like this? The answer is with crystal clear... NOPE!

Why are you mix those with gun discussion?

If bags and backpacks are banned so anyone with backpacks/bags or on street will raise the suspicious because bags and backpacks already shown and anyone can see.

NYC already banned on backpacks during New Year event.

Last edited:
fill up with metal balls and nails into pressure cooker is deadly shrapnel wound than bullet wound

shrapnel.jpg

fill up with metal balls and nails into pressure cooker is deadly shrapnel wound than bullet wound

shrapnel.jpg

Yes, the gun bullet wound that break the bone can be treated with cast but bomb wound only treat with amputation.

This is to remind that the gun isn't the only weapon used in mass killing. Like this one that gun wasn't even used and happens as if guns has eliminated.

I was hoping that society start to understand that trying to control isn't going to help and explore better way to improve and reduce incidents like this from happening again.

Why are you mix those with gun discussion?

If bags and backpacks are banned so anyone with backpacks/bags or on street will raise the suspicious because bags and backpacks already shown and anyone can see.

NYC already banned on backpacks during New Year event.

Yeah bombs with shrapnel is very dangerous and more lethal. If it got 100 shrapnels then the chance of killing 100 people instantly. Scary!

Size of shrapnel sometimes matters. One could be killed with tiny shrapnel. We won't know exact number of people killed there for next 6 months.

Yes, the gun bullet wound that break the bone can be treated with cast but bomb wound only treat with amputation.

This is to remind that the gun isn't the only weapon used in mass killing. Like this one that gun wasn't even used and happens as if guns has eliminated.

I was hoping that society start to understand that trying to control isn't going to help and explore better way to improve and reduce incidents like this from happening again.

I'm talking about bags and backpacks.

Ban on bags and backpacks will reduce the risk of mass killing - that's not control and some events already ban on backpacks/bags as security measurement.

Look at most sport arenas you go to. They ban backpacks and check all packages before you go in to see a game. Looks like they will have to put that ban on any large public gathering. Gonna make you thing twice when you see someone with a backpack now

I hope O- supply is plentiful in case I need it because my blood type is bit rare. A-neg and O-neg is not very common.

I'm not positive, but I think I'm O+.

Can be used for anyone with a positive blood type, I think.

My blood type is A+, I think it is very common, along with O+.

My blood type is A+, I think it is very common, along with O+.

Only 7% of the population has O negative blood as I do. We are the universal donors but if we need blood we can only use O negative in return,

Only 7% of the population has O negative blood as I do. We are the universal donors but if we need blood we can only use O negative in return,

Scientists are trying to figure out how to strip the unique parts of blood away so that "universal" blood can be made from any donor's blood. I'm not sure how much progress they have made. If they figure it out, it would dramatically increase the supply of universal blood.

I'm not positive, but I think I'm O+.
nice pun :lol: but yea... you really need to know for sure... it's important

Can be used for anyone with a positive blood type, I think.
yes. O+ can be used for A+, AB+, and B+

that's why O- is "universal donor". sux that it's not as common as O+

Scientists are trying to figure out how to strip the unique parts of blood away so that "universal" blood can be made from any donor's blood. I'm not sure how much progress they have made. If they figure it out, it would dramatically increase the supply of universal blood.

and also they're experimenting with pig's blood to make it compatible with human. yike.

what? you have gone way off the tangent. this is not about a "control law". this is a security protocol. London Marathon will most likely require that nobody can get into perimeter with a backpack.

Yeah bombs with shrapnel is very dangerous and more lethal. If it got 100 shrapnels then the chance of killing 100 people instantly. Scary!
no not really.

Size of shrapnel sometimes matters. One could be killed with tiny shrapnel. We won't know exact number of people killed there for next 6 months.
biggest factors in determining lethality of IED are:

1. the amount of explosion used
2. type of explosion
3. the proximity of targets
4. closed environment or open environment
5. direction of explosion

you should be more scared of a shockwave than shrapnels. a strong shockwave from the bomb can damage your internal body so much that you just die slowly and painfully from internal bleeding or collapsed lungs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/17/us/officials-investigate-boston-explosions.html?hp&_r=0
The pressure cookers were filled with nails, ball bearings and black powder, and the devices were triggered by “kitchen-type” egg timers, one official said.

Boston Marathon bombs similar to 'lone wolf' devices, experts say - CNN.com
(CNN) -- The devices used in the Boston Marathon attack Monday are typical of the "lone wolf:" the solo terrorist who builds a bomb on his own by following a widely available formula.

In this case, the formula seems very similar to one that al Qaeda has recommended to its supporters around the world as both crudely effective and difficult to trace. But it is also a recipe that has been adopted by extreme right-wing individuals in the United States.
The threat of the "lone wolf" alarms the intelligence community.

"This is what you worry about the most," a source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN's Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger. "No trail, no intelligence."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back