• No

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 42 80.8%

• Total voters

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
Do you want to remove this emoticon... :mynigga:?

I'm doing this for BBNT.

I don't see anything wrong with the emoticon. Also, it's not what you think it is. It's more of a catch phrase similar to "my man!"

VamPyroX said:
Do you want to remove this emoticon... :mynigga:?

I'm doing this for BBNT.

Like to see BBNT's propose for why do we get rid of this emoticon. Pretty please, thanks!

I Voted yes. Why? well because maybe some Black people might felt offended. Just my opinion.:ily:

Poll

I say yes unless someone comes up with one that is equally as derogatory for white people so it can be posted too. Like "My Honky" Or how about "My Cracker!" The point being is no matter the reasoning behind the emoticon even if it is meant to be like saying My Guy, or My Gal, it is a descrimatory remark based on a person's color and has for some very negative conification. Why can't there just be an emoticon of a black smiley with a sign that says "My friend?" Wouldn't that have been more appropriate, and less racial and deteramental to people of dark skin pigmentation?

The original reason it was put in was not descrimatory but with that said I still think it's in poor taste. While I do understand what it means I still disagree with its usage in this forum

I voted to remove

Thankyou VamPyroX for your help with this thread

There seems to be a confussion with the word "nigga". The word that is considered offensive is... "******". No, I'm not saying this in an offensive way. I'm simply stating the fact between the two words. The second word is what blacks consider offensive. The first word is what blacks do not consider offensive. This emoticion has been here since AllDeaf was set up and it has been used in the past between all races. It's even used here on campus... even by my friends, who are white. Are you sure you have the right word?

Vamp no offense to u, but its about respect and i think it should be removed!

i respect no matter what i never used any degradgorty remarks to anyone of any race, i have asked how they would like being call u my nigga, they didnt like it sounds to them saying my pimp, my bitch my ho, so its really degrading in all aspect so i respect members and i have never used that emtioncons SO therefore it's untasteful.

Removal of that would show respect of other poeple of all colors and creed.

I agree with BBNT... I vote "yes" and I'd like for that icon to be removed.

I never EVER use this icon, nor have I seen anyone use it.........so why is it there........there are plenty of other icon to have :) like sex icons LOL, what other icon we should replace the "my nigga" with???

I voted yes, would like that emoticon removed.

i voted yes... my option it should be removed... theres no sense using that emotion.

*scratching my head*....

I have already post something here before ....

I still vote yes to have it removed!

its funny, the people who voted no (besides Vamp) is not saying why they voted no......

I voted "YES" to remove this emoticon. My reason for voting yes is that although it might not be discriminatory in nature, it still evokes some uneasy feelings inside me because it seems to be, like bbnt said, "in bad taste." It just does't make sense to me at all. I have not seen anyone use it here in AD, and I never hear nor see it in my everyday talk with the deafies and the hearies.

Let me reword this:
What if this emoticon had yellow face and the word "my hearie!" on it. It just doesn't make sense at all.

KingCobra said:
It is time to remove this emoticon since it got alot of YES votes IMHO.

Yeah, that is true. It needs to be removal. Nigga sounds offense to the black people.

I vote YES to remove it.

^Angel^ said:
*scratching my head*....

I have already post something here before ....

I still vote yes to have it removed!
*laffin* There was two Topics this one Vampyrox made another one bbnt have somewhere around in General Discussions.. Confused huh? heh

I voted yes, because like BBNT said, I think its distasteful, not so much discriminatory.

Back