elementary kid suspended just for long hair?...

you mean you would wear plaided bottoms and other 70's clothes because it was all it had in thrift stores

Never seen at school and isn't exist anymore.

I went to elementary school with alot of low class and middle class so don't got any problem with regular dress code.

At my high school, many students are low class and don't have problem with regular dress code either, even low class students does wear cool clothes.

back in the 90's it did. Some 80's clothes were still somewhat in style so people didn't give them away to the thrift store yet at that time.

back in the 90's it did. Some 80's clothes were still somewhat in style so people didn't give them away to the thrift store yet at that time.

During my student time in early 90's, most students wear clothes that's mixed 80's and early 90's but never seen 70's.

During my student time in early 90's, most students wear clothes that's mixed 80's and early 90's but never seen 70's.

That's the whole point.. most of the thift stores would carry style that is way too outdated. If you wore it , you'll get teased.

I guess some of your students also wore the same outfit all the time too.

That's the whole point.. most of the thift stores would carry style that is way too outdated. If you wore it , you'll get teased.

I guess some of your students also wore the same outfit all the time too.

Not happen at our school, it is depends on school and not every school are same.

people care about fashion very much which is why they hate the uniform policy. if you dress wrong, they think you have bad taste in clothes. It seem to me that people are fashion police and everything have to do with fashion.

I know several German Baptists (they are somewhat like modern day Amish) and they wore long skirts and culottes. People would talk about them all the time, and even ask them questions why they dress that way.

yes, fashion is important to people because it express themselves on the outside but it is also give people a reason to judge a person too quickly by the way they dress. A teacher will see someone who dress in black with a skull on it, and she automatically think "ok, this person may be someone who will cause trouble" as she dealt with people dressing the same way before. That's my opinion but it isn't important to have a school uniform. I just think it would be helpful for all students to feel they fit in.

I got longer hair than that kid right now...

I don't know why teachers care so much about the length or style of people's hair. I remember when I was growing up, people accuse my mom of neglecting me just because I happen to be on the thin side, and that my hair is too thick. Well, to be fair, even if I do a crewcut, it still comes off as thick. You're not there to be a nanny, you're there to teach.

people care about fashion very much which is why they hate the uniform policy. if you dress wrong, they think you have bad taste in clothes. It seem to me that people are fashion police and everything have to do with fashion.

I know several German Baptists (they are somewhat like modern day Amish) and they wore long skirts and culottes. People would talk about them all the time, and even ask them questions why they dress that way.

yes, fashion is important to people because it express themselves on the outside but it is also give people a reason to judge a person too quickly by the way they dress. A teacher will see someone who dress in black with a skull on it, and she automatically think "ok, this person may be someone who will cause trouble" as she dealt with people dressing the same way before. That's my opinion but it isn't important to have a school uniform. I just think it would be helpful for all students to feel they fit in.

I know the Amish people in my state.

One of my closest friends, her toddler asked for a mohawk. She styles his hair like a mohawk but usually by the end of the day it's pretty flat :)

The school official Laura Jobes stated "Our dress code is designed to minimize distractions in the classroom"... funny, I thought HER hairstyle was distracting!!!
Hahaha... yeah, it does look distracting.

in this town you can dress as a 70's hippie and you're fit right in.

Hell, I don't know what will be considered "out of place" here. I see high school kids using turtlenecks too.

Hows that for ya?

Unless this school is private, I can't believe they consider that "Long"

but on the other hand, I doubt the boy will wear hair clip to keep his hair away from his face like some girls do.

Me too. His hair doens't seem all that long to me. My brother has hair longer than that. At times it's past shoulder length for him. He has always preferred long hair to short hair.

in this town you can dress as a 70's hippie and you're fit right in.

Hell, I don't know what will be considered "out of place" here. I see high school kids using turtlenecks too.

Hows that for ya?
What's the significance of turtleneck sweaters?

If the teachers really wanted to stop people teasing or getting teased then they might try teaching that it is okay to be different in a country that is supposed to believe in an individuals freedom instead of instantly pointing out and punishing any child that shows the slightest difference.

I know every time I went to a new school none of the kids noticed or teased me about being left handed until some stupid teacher would make a big deal out of it and then the kids would start in.

Usually when a kid is picked on by other kids it is because some teacher literally said "sic em" to the other kids.

If the teachers really wanted to stop people teasing or getting teased then they might try teaching that it is okay to be different in a country that is supposed to believe in an individuals freedom instead of instantly pointing out and punishing any child that shows the slightest difference.

I know every time I went to a new school none of the kids noticed or teased me about being left handed until some stupid teacher would make a big deal out of it and then the kids would start in.

Usually when a kid is picked on by other kids it is because some teacher literally said "sic em" to the other kids.

This country doesnt accept differences. :roll:

Back