donoring blood

Originally posted by VamPyroX
If I tell you, will you tell me? Let's to this on a word of honor and trust... :)

Check your PM. :)

Originally posted by Teekie
Good luck :)

No, I've never donated blood before.. I honestly hate needles sticking in me. ;) What's more, I have a blood type that not many people have which is RH negative. I think blood banks mostly look for the common blood types for donation.

Hope it goes well and again, good luck. :)

lol teekie - yeahh ... i hated needles in myself too *shudders*

no i have never done it. but I want to soon, though. People that donated their blood, saved my father's life once. So it's great deal to me. ;)

I have done it in college. It is really nothing. The needle is just a pinch in your arm. After that, they usually give your free drink and food and make you relax a bit before leaving, so they know for sure you are fine (i.e. not fainting, etc...)

not old enough to put the needle inside me, i wouldn't mind to donate my blood

16. as i know of that if your 17 and with parent's permission you can donate

Ahh, it didn't exactly go good for me this morning :-\... When they stuck the needle in me, I was all ok. Im not afraid of the needles or anything. But somehow something was wrong so they had to take it out n stick it in me again, I was like waiting for the whole thing to finish. I was on the same "bed" with my friend, he finished quickly n I was still there. And then the dr comes n tries to move the needle, it hurt like a bitch n somehow I got sooooo dizzy I felt like fainting so I told them and they stopped automatically and I really felt like blacking out. They made me lie there for like 15 mins until they let me sit up. Even worse it was like 45 mins before my drama performance. Amazingly I went thru the performance without fainting but my arms sooo sore and it still is! :o. Bad experience for my first time.

Originally posted by allisonjoy
Ahh, it didn't exactly go good for me this morning :-\... When they stuck the needle in me, I was all ok. Im not afraid of the needles or anything. But somehow something was wrong so they had to take it out n stick it in me again, I was like waiting for the whole thing to finish. I was on the same "bed" with my friend, he finished quickly n I was still there. And then the dr comes n tries to move the needle, it hurt like a bitch n somehow I got sooooo dizzy I felt like fainting so I told them and they stopped automatically and I really felt like blacking out. They made me lie there for like 15 mins until they let me sit up. Even worse it was like 45 mins before my drama performance. Amazingly I went thru the performance without fainting but my arms sooo sore and it still is! :o. Bad experience for my first time.

Ouch, I'm sorry that it has to happen on your first visit. :( Let's hope that it didn't happen again next time, if you want to try again.

My first visit went beautifully, fortunately. :P The last time I donated was like four years ago. EEK! I couldn't donate any more because I got pregnant every year! :laugh2: Just kidding, but it seems like it. :P

I've done that twice. First time was kinda weird for me. I was a senior in high school and donated to see what the experience felt like. I managed to get through the whole thing fine until I stood up getting myself a drink before I started blacking out (about 5 minutes or so after donating blood). Someone asked if I was ok, and I somehow knew what they were asking and replied with "I think I'm passing out." They moved very fast to lay me down again and get a wet towel on me while keeping my legs up. I had to take it easy the rest of that day.

Second time: It was the day after 9-11 and I donated at 3 am in the morning... I missed the morning class that day but that's alright.

Both times, it didn't hurt much or at all... So all in all, it wasn't so bad I guess... But I still admit I absolutely hate needles with a passion. I don't even like getting my shots but I think my experience with donating blood has made me braver when I have to get my shots (hep b vaccine before college, etc. - that kinda shots).

meme wunt. I just... dont feel right. I would do EVERY other things to help our soliders, people, and whoever EXCEPT donating bloods.

I have fainted from needles- I am very phobic about needles and sharp pointing things.............. I dont have enough Iron in my blood so I wouldnt be a good donation my blood is A positive, the blood banks really need O cuz not that many people are....

Originally posted by ChelEler
:laugh2: There's nothing wrong with donating blood. I have done that several times, and I won't reveal what my blood type is. That's for me to know and for you to find out. :twisted:
umm u got a vampire or Ragu blood type?:shock:

Originally posted by aceXslver76
I never had for blood donate. I hate needle in my arm. :ugh: :ugh:

u r not the only one. I refused to donate my blood. I'm soo scared of needles.

I've donated blood while in high school. I felt light-headed afterwards -- must've been the lack of oxygen in my brain.

I have donated my blood three times. Two time during high school and one in college.

Back