Does deaf people can drive? (One guy asked me)

here i drive my hot rod tricycle
s441-34998.jpg

ROFLMAO

Taylor said:
Tell him you are DEAF and not BLIND ;) Last time I checked, blind people can't drive (yet, they put braille on the drive through ATM..go figure ;) )
EXACTLY! that is what im going to say! HEH yes we, deaf people, can drive! it requires us to VISUAL to drive not HEAR! think about it.. ha... TrippLA, i feel you... some people are not educated or aware of deaf culture. They should have done some more of research! :)

Tell your friend that my deaf friends can drive and I've rode with them before, so they have drivers liscense, DUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Tell him to geta life if he doenst understand deaf culture... What asshole...

I am deaf and yes, I do have a driver's licence.

I even had someone telling me that he didn't know that deaf people knew how to make babies :ugh:

Another person told a friend of mine, after she told him I was a certified scuba diver, that I can't hear and how can I be able to scuba dive? :ugh:

Deaf People cannot drive for a living like Bus driver,Cab Driver,18 wheeler trucks and cannot drive Mail Carriers.

Buckdodgers said:
Deaf People cannot drive for a living like Bus driver,Cab Driver,18 wheeler trucks and cannot drive Mail Carriers.

Hummm cannot drive 18 wheeler trucks?. One of my friend (Deaf) he drove 18 wheelers where is he work at loggers.

other one...he drive pepsi co. too.

I know a deaf guy who drives for FedEx as a mail courier and he is not the only one :)

Buckdodgers said:

AHEM... :ugh:

i know someone who drove a 18 wheeler truck for a few years before he got a better job... your statement/information is very UNTRUE :thumbd: ... there are deaf people who can drive 18 wheeler trucks,Fedex trucks let alone fly AN AIRPLANE!!! :roll:

as a matter of fact i knew a few who are doctors and lawyers!!! :thumb:

where the heck did you get the info from??? and are you HEARING OR DEAF BTW??? :|

:ty: FeistyChick for bringing the subject of airplane up.
Oh yes, you are right about there are several deaf people who are pilots! :applause:

I've heard that pharse before "Do you drive even if you're deaf?" What kind of stupid question is that? If you haven't notice that people say that deaf drivers are better drivers than hearing drivers. :whistle:

Cheri said:
I've heard that pharse before "Do you drive even if you're deaf?" What kind of stupid question is that? If you haven't notice that people say that deaf drivers are better drivers than hearing drivers. :whistle:

I don't have a driver's license because Cheri told me I am HoH and therefore will misunderstand too many sounds. So I mailed the license in!
:ily:

As a hearie, I never really thought about whether deaf people could drive or not. The first time I heard about it, I guess I was a bit surprised, but then I thought - why not? Not much involved in driving safely involves hearing, except emergency sirens (which half of us hearies can't hear anyway because our cars are all sealed up and we have the radio on). It's just one of those things that hearing people don't think about much.

One of our crew members had said that question also and even laughed about it too..

And I didn't find it funni ....

ButterflyGirl said:
I even had someone telling me that he didn't know that deaf people knew how to make babies
Ok - THESE are two of the dumbest things I ever heard.

ButterflyGirl said:
Another person told a friend of mine, after she told him I was a certified scuba diver, that I can't hear and how can I be able to scuba dive?
I got news for this person - under water EVERYONE is deaf. (That's why divers often learn basic ASL to be able to communicate.)

Buckdodgers said:

Oh really? I know someone who is hard of hearing drives a school bus, and guess what? He never complains about the children on the bus making loud noises or talking outloud, when most drivers who can hear, can't concentrate while driving because too much noises going around..

Back