Does anyone agree that bad food is used to control population?

The amount of canned tuna that is safe to eat each week should be based on body weight: (Source: Fish Facts for Good Health, publication of the Washington Department of Health )

25 lbs - 1 tablespoon.
50 lbs - 2 oz.
75 lbs - 3 oz.
100 lbs - 5 oz.
125 lbs - 6 oz.
150 lbs - 8 oz.
175 lbs - 9 oz.
200 lbs - 10 oz.

HOW MUCH TUNA IS SAFE ? p2 of 2

For pregnant women:

In general, a woman who is pregnant or is likely to get pregnant should eat no more than two cans of light tuna per week, or 2/3 of a can per week of white albacore tuna if she wants to stay below the EPA's level of concern for mercury.

NRDC: Mercury Contamination in Fish - Protect Yourself and Your Family

The amount of canned tuna that is safe to eat each week should be based on body weight: (Source: Fish Facts for Good Health, publication of the Washington Department of Health )

25 lbs - 1 tablespoon.
50 lbs - 2 oz.
75 lbs - 3 oz.
100 lbs - 5 oz.
125 lbs - 6 oz.
150 lbs - 8 oz.
175 lbs - 9 oz.
200 lbs - 10 oz.

For pregnant women:

In general, a woman who is pregnant or is likely to get pregnant should eat no more than two cans of light tuna per week, or 2/3 of a can per week of white albacore tuna if she wants to stay below the EPA's level of concern for mercury.

what! i never knew this.. i thought tuna is always safe food to eat. i normally eat more than 7 oz of tuna per week.. i just like them in my mac and cheese, tuna helper, and just to eat tuna straight.

25 lbs - 1 tablespoon.
50 lbs - 2 oz.
75 lbs - 3 oz.
100 lbs - 5 oz.
125 lbs - 6 oz.
150 lbs - 8 oz.
175 lbs - 9 oz.
200 lbs - 10 oz.

For pregnant women:

Some parents are refuse to feed seafood to children, it's their choice due health concern, like want take care of them.

I'm hardly to eat seafood when I was younger, even ate tuna about once in 3 years.

.....West Coast generally have much more healthier resturants and choices than out in MidWest. Whenever I travel out to MidWest, I am always shocked that I could not find any healthy foods as I am used to much more healthier choices. I could not even find a decent cup of coffee.

Where I live, healthy food is very important to the society so it is everywhere so I never had to suffer.

That is accurate. West Coast have much more healthier restaurants and groceries than Midwest since early 90s. In my city, they are everywhere. In fact, they're still expanding more various healthier and foreign/American restaurants (from vegan to sushi to organic fish to Thai to Indian to organic) and grocery stores (from farm market to local market). Even most grocery stores even take green seriously. One of my favorite grocery stores in my city, Traders Joe will pay if any grocer re-uses its bag. Traders Joe never even serve plastic bags except recycled paper bags. Traders Joe even serve everything organic and free range. Recently, "fast food" restaurant (organic health bar) was opened, Lean and Green. This one is really neat and even give plastic forks away that are made of 80% of potato. The cool part is they also serve organic dog biscuits for dogs. :) The owner of Lean and Green intend to expand health bars all over San Diego County. I can keep going on and on. If anyone plans on visiting San Diego for vacation both/ or business, check out those popular links. Some local restaurants do not have websites. I cannot list everything, though. :)

Popular restaurants (for everyone, including vegetarians and vegans)

Chipotle: Gourmet Burritos and Tacos
LeanAndGreen
Jamba Juice
Cilantro Live! Organic & Exotic Vegan Cuisine, 100% Raw Food Restaurant!
::: Sipz Fusion Cafe ::: Vegetarian Cuisine ::: San Diego, Ca ::: Vegan Catering :::
Spread the Restaurant - San Diego, California
Stephanie's Bakery
Surti Farsan Mart
veg - N - out
Robeks.com

Popular natural/ organic stores

Henry's Farmers Market Home
Welcome to Trader Joe's - Your Neighborhood Grocery Store
Whole Foods Market
OB People's Food Store (You have to apply in order to be a member $15)
Wild Oats Natural Marketplace - natural and organic food for your healthy lifestyle. (recently opened in one of the local cities in the San Diego county last year)
Jimbos Naturally - Premier Natural and Organic Foods Grocer serving San Diego Area
Bristol Farms

One more thing- I don't believe the government is trying to taint our precious bodily fluids. But perhaps it's the fluoride telling me to say that.

Hahaha! I concur.

...One more thing- I don't believe the government is trying to taint our precious bodily fluids. But perhaps it's the fluoride telling me to say that.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

:lol:

]That is accurate. West Coast have much more healthier restaurants and groceries than Midwest since early 90s. In my city, they are everywhere. In fact, they're still expanding more various healthier and foreign/American restaurants (from vegan to sushi to organic fish to Thai to Indian to organic) and grocery stores (from farm market to local market). Even most grocery stores even take green seriously. One of my favorite grocery stores in my city, Traders Joe will pay if any grocer re-uses its bag. Traders Joe never even serve plastic bags except recycled paper bags. Traders Joe even serve everything organic and free range. Recently, "fast food" restaurant (organic health bar) was opened, Lean and Green. This one is really neat and even give plastic forks away that are made of 80% of potato. The cool part is they also serve organic dog biscuits for dogs. The owner of Lean and Green intend to expand health bars all over San Diego County. I can keep going on and on. If anyone plans on visiting San Diego for vacation both/ or business, check out those popular links. Some local restaurants do not have websites. I cannot list everything, though.

Yup that's correct. That is a known fact that West US generally have more health food stores per capita. When some of my friend moved to WA state from Michigan, they were suprised to see many health food stores plus stores that stock lot of health products, too. My favorite health food store is Trader Joes. :)

Interesting... I never heard about tuna and mercury level... but we were recommend to eat fish 3 time a week but no warning about tuna but just kind of fishes... No even warning mention about tuna during my 2 pregnancies but to not eat raw meats and fishes, smoking, alcohol limit caffines and fats... that's all.

US FDA - Mercury Levels in Commercial Fish and Shellfish

Interesting...

Mercury Myths

Fish & Your Health

I eat fishes a lot... scrimps, white fillet, canned white or pink tuna without oil, wild salmon... *shrug*

Wanna buy america favorite tuna?
starkist.jpg

I use that for tuna helper and it taste like alright.
hfst803.jpg

What do you mean "tuna helper"? What is this? I never see before...

We do have canned tuna with oil, tuna with vegetable and oil, pink or white tuna without oil, tuna steaks here in Germany. I pick only quality white or pink tuna without oil.

What do you mean "tuna helper"? What is this? I never see before...

We do have canned tuna with oil, tuna with vegetable and oil, pink or white tuna without oil, tuna steaks here in Germany. I pick only quality white or pink tuna without oil.

It's pasta that add tuna in it and cook in combined.

That's american favorite dinner...

lol yeah we have them... but they are processed foods which are not good for us.. high in fat and sodium etc. i do like them but they r too fat ugh..

lol yeah we have them... but they are processed foods which are not good for us.. high in fat and sodium etc. i do like them but they r too fat ugh..

What are you means? for helper?

Hamburger helper, chicken helper and tuna helper is contain pasta and season that you have buy own meats, like chicken, tuna or ground beef, even you can use pork, turkey or veggie ground instead of others.

Nutrient facts for helper is varies on meats, if hamburger helper then counted as ground beef in fats, if you use turkey then would alot less, or veggie ground is alot less too. If mentioned on nutrient fact is stated for pasta with beef ground, plus if you buy extra lean (96/4) then would be changed from mentioned.

I can't believe that you are shocked at us because we are american, remember, german and american are different, much different.

Hamburger Helper
Hamburger%20Helper.jpg

Chicken Helper
51YZ47HRVML._AA280_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

Triple of 3 items (tuna, chicken, hamburger) are made from Betty under General Mills.

What are you means? for helper?

Hamburger helper, chicken helper and tuna helper is contain pasta and season that you have buy own meats, like chicken, tuna or ground beef, even you can use pork, turkey or veggie ground instead of others.

Nutrient facts for helper is varies on meats, if hamburger helper then counted as ground beef in fats, if you use turkey then would alot less, or veggie ground is alot less too. If mentioned on nutrient fact is stated for pasta with beef ground, plus if you buy extra lean (96/4) then would be changed from mentioned.

i know what they are.. i have cooked them many times in the past.. but still the hamburger/chicken/tuna do contain starch (pasta) which can affect the blood sugar and gain weights as well. and those who have high blood pressure will have to stay away from sodium as well? Sodium 2030mg 84%- VERY HIGH in sodium! i cant have salt in my diet due to Meniere's Disease so I cant eat that!

Nutritional Information on BETTY CROCKER, HAMBURGER HELPER, Cheeseburger Macaroni, dry mix
Serving Sizes:
100 grams
1 package (225 grams)
1 serving (45 grams)

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: (100 grams)

--------------------------------------------------------

Amount Per Serving
Calories: 395

-------------------------------------------------

% Daily Value*

---------------------------------------------------

Total Fat 10g 16%
Saturated Fat 3g 14%
Cholesterol 9mg 3%
Sodium 2030mg 84%
Total Carboydrates 64g 21%
Dietary Fiber 0g ~
Sugars 0g ~
Protein 11g 22%

---------------------------------------------------------

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Iron 0% Calcium 0%

--------------------------------------------------

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs

Nutrient Information
Vitamins %DV
Vitamin A 0 IU 0%
Retinol 0 mcg
Retional Activity Equivalent 0 mcg
Alpha Carotene 0 mcg
Beta Carotene 0 mcg
Beta Cryptoxanthin 0 mcg
Lycopene 0 mcg
Lutein + Zeaxanthin 0 mcg
Vitamin C 0 mg 0%
Vitamin E 0 mg 0%
Vitamin K 0 mcg 0%
Thiamin 0 mg 0%
Riboflavin 0 mg 0%
Niacin 0 mg 0%
Vitamin B6 0 mg 0%
Vitamin B12 0 mcg 0%
Folate 0 mcg 0%
Food Folate 0 5.6 mcg ~
Folic Acid 0 mcg ~
Dietary Folate Equivalents 0 mcg ~
Pantothenic Acid 0 mcg 0%

Minerals %DV
Calcium 0 mg 0%
Iron 0 mg 0%
Magnesium 0 mg 0%
Phosphorus 0 mg 0%
Potassium 0 mg 0%
Sodium 2030 mg 84%
Zinc 0 mg 0%
Copper 0 mg 0%
Manganese 0 mg 0%
Selenium 0 mcg 0%

Fats %DV
Total Fat 10.4 mg 16%
Saturated Fat 2.82 mg 14%
Monounsaturated Fat 0 mg ~
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 mg ~

BETTY CROCKER, HAMBURGER HELPER, Cheeseburger Macaroni, dry mix - Nutritional Information - eLook.org

BETTY CROCKER, HAMBURGER HELPER, Cheeseburger Macaroni, dry mix - Nutrition Facts - from Mealographer

another one show different? jeez..

i know what they are.. i have cooked them many times in the past.. but still the hamburger/chicken/tuna do contain starch (pasta) which can affect the blood sugar and gain weights as well. and those who have high blood pressure will have to stay away from sodium as well? Sodium 2030mg 84%- VERY HIGH in sodium! i cant have salt in my diet due to Meniere's Disease so I cant eat that!

Oh, I don't know about your health issue.

Oh well, every flavors have different nutrient fact like mac chili is only about 31% (700mg) in sodium, some are much high and some are not bad.

I don't have any problem with sodium or something like that.

Yeah, I agree...processed food are bad for us. I'm surprised Leibling never seen it before, I guess Germany don't have processed food products. We are embarrassing the world with our nutritution values.

Interesting... I never heard about tuna and mercury level...

Well just watch out for food poisoning then.

Before I made the wise decision to go vegan, I was having problems with lack of energy. I was advised, by someone online to eat more fish. I tried that and ended up having to spend 4 days in hospital. It took me a long time to recover. I didn't know back then but after reading about the dangers of sea food and mercury I am sure it was the increase in fish concumsion that did it.

Back