Do you remember you were in 60's,70's,80's,90's,00's and what is new in 10's??

What part sounds horrible?

Yeah, most of our shorts were cut off jeans--much more "cool" than buying shorts.

I graduated from high school in 1969, before the boys were allowed to grow their hair below the shirt collar. :nono:

the pale lips...

LOL! Thank you for sharing your experience with us here. Now i will keep that in mind that the "steam" iron in the near future if my flat iron is broken and in desire of straighting my hair at a last minute. ;)

Roflol! That wouldn't work for me...I'd be bald if i tried.

Me thinks only white people took a iron to their hair back then...:hmm: I know we sure didn't! :P

Me thinks only white people took a iron to their hair back then...:hmm: I know we sure didn't! :P

LOL but I know they will burn my hair then I could have looked like if i did put my finger into the outlet. I ve been dying color my hair for about 15 years. My hair might be too dry for the clothing iron to burn it.

The transition from the 50's to mid-60's was not just a fashion change but a social change. The 50's "Negro" became the 60's "Afro-American" and the hair styles (at least among the younger generation) reflected that change. Prior to the "Black Pride" movement, black people strove for "white" hair--that is, straightened hair. They used very harsh chemicals and pomades (like heavy gels) to achieve that look. With the pride movement, they rebelled against that look and sought to look "natural"--usually translated into the afro look, the bigger, the better. It was also a class and regional thing. Rural black people didn't pick up on the trends the way urban and college student black people did. Upper class black people (except for those in the arts and drama) usually didn't go the radical afro way.

If you get a chance, watch some of the TV shows, documentaries, and movies from that era, and notice the styles. If you can watch the documentaries on MLK and the civil rights movement, you can see that transition. The men who started out with MLK wore short hair, fedora hats, suits and ties; the women wore suits and dresses, hats, and gloves. After MLK was assassinated, movements became more radical, such as the Black Panthers. Notice the change of appearance.

im born May 26 1981

80's
Bill Clinton become Arkansas of Governor in January 9, 1979 – January 19, 1981
Ronald Reagon become President of USA
Prince Charles married to Lady Diana Spencer in July 27,1981
Prince William born in June 21,1982
my brother Aaron born new year day Jan.1st 1984
Prince Harry born in Sept.14,1984
Prince Andrew married to Sarah Ferguson in July 23,1986
my cousin Ashley born in Aug.4 1986
Princess Beatrice of York born on Aug.8 1988 - daughter of Prince Andrew

90's
My parents got divorces
Bill Clinton become President of USA
Princess Eugenie of York born on March 22,1990 daughter of Prince Andrew
my cousin Nolan born Nov.2 1990
Prince Charles and Princess Diana separation Dec.9 1992 for 4 years
Prince Andrew and Sarah of York separation March 19,1992 for 4 years
my mom remarried to Donald Lallemand in 1994
Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson finalised divorces in May 30,1996
Prince Charles and Princess Diana finalised divorces in Aug.28,1996 in order by HM Queen Elizabeth and strip titles for Diana..In Taboilds.
Summer 1997 -Diana,Princess of Wales sold her famous dress for 15 years since her marriages to Prince of Wales in 1981-1996 but she faxed to christies in London,England and New York for bidding dress till over five million dollars pounds in England between USA money for charity needs..And Diana went 2 christies in London,England and New York she view her favorite dress prior her death.
Aug.31 1997 Diana,Princess of Wales injury in accident dues drive is drunk and her companion is killed and drive include but she got in hospital nearby and doctor tried to save her life in surgery and never work out!! But doctor told press about Diana's pass away.
my cousin Abby born Sept.24 1997 in Georgia
HM Queen Elizabeth and HRH Prince Philip of Edinburgh celebration 50th anniversary marriages Nov.1947-1997.
Prince Charles celebration 50th birthday 1948-1998
Prince Edward married to his longtime girlfriend Sophie Rhys-Jones June 19,1999 at St.George's Chapel in Windsor Castle but both couple have children and dont have title due respectives as known Lady and Viscount but the couple dont intive Sarah,Duchess of York nor Camilla Parker Bowles.

00's
im graduate from Kansas School for the Deaf with Diploma thankness godness!! - May 24 2000.
my step-dad pass away June 2000
George Bush become president of USA 2001-2009
my cousin Bud born Feb.2001 in Jacksonville,Ar
im turn 21 years old and have bbq party in 2002
my cousin Becky got married on Nov.2002
my dad turn 50 years old on Nov.14 in 2002
my mom and me went to London,England in 2002
my brother graduate from high school in 2003
HM Queen Elizabeth celebration 50th anniversary Golden Jubliee in 2003
Lady Louise born at Frimley Park Hospital outside of London,England on Nov.2003 daughter of Prince Edward.
my dad had heart valet surgery June 2004
my step-grandma passed away Feb.2005
Prince Charles remarried to his mistress on April 2005
my cousin got married on Nov.2005
im turned 25 years old on 2006 and have bbq party!!
my cousin Olivia born on Sept 2006
my grandma died from stroke on July 2007
my grandma bean turn 70 year old on July 26 in 2007
HM Queen Elizabeth and HRH Prince Philip of Edinburgh celebration their 60th anniversary marriages 1947-2007.
Viscount James Severn born at Frimley Park Hospital outside of London,England December 17,2007 son of Prince Edward.
my mom turn 50 years old on Aug.13 in 2008
HRH Prince Charles celebration 60th birthday Nov.14th in 2008 1948-2007
Barack Obama become President of USA Jan.2009 till current
my uncle Tj turn 50 years old on Feb 27 in 2009
my mom and me got adopt Pandy the Beagle June 2009 see avator!!
my dad got remarried on Dec.2009 FINALLY!!

my boyfriend James will moves to Perth,Australia on February for jobs and he will lives there also but he will reach his milestones 30th birthday on March 19,1980.
my late grandfather will reach 75th birthday if he will alives today his birthday same my boyfriend's his birthday is March 19,1935

1980's

Nov 5th 1982: Posts from Hell celebrates his first birthday. His cake was a sheet cake with a birthday candle on it. The cake was surrounded by whiskey and rum bottles. There were about 35 people in attendance.

That is all.

I don't ask for full birthday. Just born year that all.

I was born in 1981.

90's kid here :) I remember saturday morning cartoon!! I loved them!! :)

I was born in '66 but it's the 70's that I really remember.

We had the saturday morning cartoons then as well!
Black + white tv.
Video recorders, but it was the late 80's before we could afford one!
Nobody sued you for something silly!
Girls wearing legwarmers.
Corporal punishment in school!

I was born in Late 80's (1987).... but I remember so much of the 90's and 00's.

Growing up in the 90's were awesome... I remember so much of it... the style of clothes, the tv shows, the video games, riding bikes, playing outside with friends and so on. I also remember thick cellphones that Dad and Mom had, big computer that would take forever to turn on and play games, VHS movies and so on.

Being Teenager in first six years of 00's were pretty neat as well, as the style of clothes has really improved, more techologly has improved as well with those tiny cellphones, DVDs, Slim Computers, Slim TV and so on.

old yearbook

Early 70's highschool in Alaska, us boys were all sporting Dad's haircut grown out for a year or two. Parted still way over on the side. We sure had a lot of hair then. I enjoy an old family photo from later in the 70's of all the big young men in the family standing around this tiny smiling aunt of mine, we all had bushy beards and a whole lot of long hair.

Haha, this might sound embaressing. I was born in 2001. I never used the internet at home until 2009. I don't remember 9/11/2001 because I was only 19 days old at the time. I do remember that all the boys in Kindergarten were playing with PS2's. I can't believe I am so young XD.
00's: Facebook was invented
Good shows were on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network.
I started school in 2006.
IPods were new.

Haha, this might sound emberessing. I was born in 2001. I never used the internet at home until 2009. I don't remember 9/11/2001 because I was only 19 days old at the time. I do remember that all the boys in Kindergarten were playing with PS2's. I can't believe I am so young XD.

yes you are 10 yrs old, soon to be 11 i suppose so. what made you to come here on alldeaf. ;)

Back