Do you pick up pennies off the sidewalk?

when there big to do on our beach summertime some locals watch see where people sitting and end of day there get those metal detectors and go across beach looking for change,one guy reakons find about 30quid a week

ew. absolutely not. I ain't picking up a filth off from street.

If I have power to run fastest like Flash. I would pick up over million pennies (that's $10,000) anywhere in America.

But.. will banks accept me to make the deposit with all coins? lol

Probably that rich guy was pissed off she kept throwing his hard earned changes away and lead to divorce :dunno:

Never forget a former friend, who married a rich guy....and whenever she went to the stores/restaurants, (especially fast food) and the clerk gave her change back...she discarded it in the trash!....

They are now divorsed, and she is having a hard time making ends meet....guessing all that change she threw away in the trash could have paid her rent if necessary.....I surely don't "pinch pennies", but then again, I don't throw them away.

I'm glad to see so many people pick up pennies. I'm not abnormal! He=y, it's only 1 cent, but it's still money! :laugh2:

Find a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck :)

So yep I do, next time I find one maybe I'll buy a scratch ticket and use the penny to scratch it.

Oh, and maybe I should have read through all the posts before I dropped that rhyme, I thought I did haha.

Wirelessly posted

ambrosia said:
Find a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck :)

So yep I do, next time I find one maybe I'll buy a scratch ticket and use the penny to scratch it.

Oh, and maybe I should have read through all the posts before I dropped that rhyme, I thought I did haha.

Only if you find it on "heads" then it'll bring you good luck.
My friend truly believes that. She finds it on heads, she'll put it in her pocket. Tails, she'll pick it up and toss it over her shoulders for someone else to find.

It adds up!

Yes it does. Well, change in general, I don't pick up pennies for the money factor, but the luck. I got no luck I need all the help I can get lol. I save my change though. My "husband" traded in all my change right before I moved out so I started another change jar in March when I got my new place. Cashed it in a couple weeks before Christmas, was right around $200. That's even with my kids raiding it and going across the street to the gas station for sodas and whatnot.

Wirelessly posted

My friend truly believes that. She finds it on heads, she'll put it in her pocket. Tails, she'll pick it up and toss it over her shoulders for someone else to find.
Maybe that's why I have bad luck ;) I pick em all up lol.

Wirelessly posted

ambrosia said:
Wirelessly posted

Maybe that's why I have bad luck ;) I pick em all up lol.

You and I both. Shame that people don't leave "paper" money laying around to be found.

Back