Do you pick up pennies off the sidewalk?

Effective yesterday, pennies are not longer being produced in Canada. It won't be all that long before finding a penny on the ground will be a thing of the past.

If Canada stopped, the US will probably follow within a few years.

Effective yesterday, pennies are not longer being produced in Canada. It won't be all that long before finding a penny on the ground will be a thing of the past.

Bingo!! Exactly correct. No more pennies here in Canada. All the pennies will go back to the bank and they will probably deposit them into the melting. :hmm:

I went through something very heavy with a corporate mogul during a fraternity attempt to really work me over from a private college regarding my deceased father's view of education as a public trust. This famous mogul, he contacted me through a woman named Penny and began making gyrations to the effect that everything I did was being scrutinized. They ran bellicose war games. Once when I found money really bad things started to go wrong until I returned that amount to where I found it. I noticed my best friend, who is deaf and suffering Downs Syndrome picking up quarters and so forth from the sidewalk and shortly after these things were happening she was attacked and raped. A man walked over to me afterwards and said, "A cop did the raping." My name then showed up in Asian Cult Cinema Magazine.

As a result of this I think that Ming Na Wen and Peter Gabriel pulled a detective heist in which they made me and my best friend look like we were scavengers and in their megapower as celebrities felt we needed to be exampled.

It's a terrible case history. You would never believe how bad it has been. And he said he was from Amnesty International. I went to him about child molestation.

On to the demise of the penny here in Canada-articles on how rounding up or down can benefit-a few persons. Real way out-buy only single items rounded down-gain .02. This came about-item 0.99cents GST tax 0.13 rounded down to $1.10. Invest 0.02 in Tax Free Saving Account.
The next item to be discontinued the nickel-$0.05=when?

Bingo!! Exactly correct. No more pennies here in Canada. All the pennies will go back to the bank and they will probably deposit them into the melting. :hmm:

They will make much more money by melting pennies back to bars of copper cuz the price of cooper is much more now than in the past.

For me, I would not pick them up from the street cuz they are worthless to me now. Like Journey said, we do not make them anymore.

In the last 2 days, I found a penny in mud. The other penny was on a wet hard top. I find penny in different conditions.

Just have to wash mud off that one penny.

Might cost ya more than a penny in water to wash it.....:lol:

They will make much more money by melting pennies back to bars of copper cuz the price of cooper is much more now than in the past.

For me, I would not pick them up from the street cuz they are worthless to me now. Like Journey said, we do not make them anymore.

Hmmm, if you find 25 pennies, won't the bank give you a quarter?

sure....I save them till I have a hundred bucks and make it a gift to grandkids. well change from shopping too. keeps me fit bending over.....and keep connected to the simple life. don't forget where we came from.

I picked up a dime a couple of days ago and thought of you. I has seen 3 pennies too but I did not pick them up

I was at the McDonalds drive-thru last night and my friend who was driving said there was change on the ground by the drive-thru window. I guess people had dropped their change, so I got out of the car and made 36 cents! :laugh2:

I was at the McDonalds drive-thru last night and my friend who was driving said there was change on the ground by the drive-thru window. I guess people had dropped their change, so I got out of the car and made 36 cents! :laugh2:

Enough for one perfectly good slice of cheese. :)

But the napkin costs money, too. Maybe it's best to wait for a rain puddle. ;) :lol:

Every time you go to Wendy's or wherever just stuff any spare napkins in your pocket. You never know when you'll need 'em. My mother used to keep the centre storage unit in the car filled with fast food napkins for this purpose.

:laugh2::laugh2:

Love this. It's like a cheapskate convention or something. :D

(And yes, I do save napkins from fast food joints. lol)

Back